Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/13 - 09/19 NXT 2.0 debut and Monday Night Football massacre

KawadaSmile

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy Big E and his fans got this moment, but lets be honest in 2 to 3 months, maybe even weeks, he be back to mid card. Which unless he steps up to the plate and shows something new, is where he properly belongs. But with WWE booking behind him, he won't be booked as a world champion level wrestler and will come out on Monday and cut the same goofy new day WWE promo he's always cut. Hell even his win for the title was week as shit, so that shows you they not invested in him to begin with.

I have no problem with Big E been giving a chance at the top, but build him up and push him like a top star for at least 4 months first, ideally at least 6 to 8 months. Then when he wins, it means something and he have those months to learn/see if he can be a main event wrestler before he gets the belt.   

One thing about Big E is how he can believably switch from the funny pancake guy talking about BIG MEATY MEN to a scary mofo who looks like he's about to tear someone apart. It's actually the perfect trait for a WWE main eventer since he can pull off the dumb comedy they make people do and also be a serious mean guy if the storyline calls for it.

WWE can always learn the wrong lesson and blame the wrong people but the evidence is there that hot shotting wasn't the worst idea they could come up with (without Big E the rating would've been abysmal, as the last hour usually goes to shit). As everyone has said, they key now would be to build on the moment but this company just goes back to normal and tries to find whatever shock value (or nostalgia) they can come up with when they feel they need to pop a rating and nothing else.

They should try to come up with a huge angle for the Draft so they can actually get rid of the brands in the short term. Build up SS as the "brand ender" or Night Of Champions if they are still doing that show.

I also wonder what kind of panic they will have if the Arthur Ashe show does a big rating and AEW beats them in the demo.

That has to be the first time in forever the final quarter-hour was the most watched. That's great for Big E because it means he can't be blamed for this rating. But it's a disaster for WWE because that means the numbers would have been even worse without all the hotshotting. Things are going to get ugly once they run out of gimmicks to pop a rating. I wouldn't be surprised if Dynamite was beating them in total viewers by the end of the year.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I think it shows the difference between WWE and AEW audiences. If AEW hypes something on social media it seems to create a buzz that makes a notable difference, but when WWE tries it it doesn't seem to have the same effect. 

AEW is also much better at using their TV to hype their TV. Like if I watch Elevated they hype matches for Dark and Dynamite. Dynamite hypes for Rampage and Dynamite. Hell, even the PPV hyped Dynamite matches. 

If you are tuning in to AEW you almost always know what almost the entire card is going to be. If WWE even bothers to hype something there's a solid chance they pull a bait and switch or it just never happens. 

Especially with WWE you feel like someone in the back is like "thank god we had that 30 minute promo because we forgot to book a main event."

Yeah often I think the worst part of WWE's presentation is how nearly every week their TV shows seem to have the conceit that they didn't actually bother to put on a show and if people didn't come out to cut promos nothing would ever happen. And this is by design! They actually seem to want people to think this! 

(I know they probably don't think that, it's just their lack of planning, but that just adds the extra layer of realism behind the scenes that they actually don't put together a show for real until the last moment)

Big E popping those numbers even when NFL was having a fantastic match in Ravens/Raiders (it had an all-timer ending) is incredible to be honest.

And listen, the last two RAW champions were Drew McIntyre and Bobby Lashley. BOTH are more over than before their reigns, so it's the one thing that has been happening in RAW in a positive light.

I thought Drew was going to be dead in the water once live crowds came back or when he started feuding with Jinder, but he still is massively adored. It doesn't hurt that he is built like those dudes in the cover of adult romance books and knows it. Every time he takes off his kilt or his shirt, people go apeshit.

Lashley survived an all-time dumb decision when they split The Hurt Business, yet he still comes across as a great, amazing threat. People lost their minds when he locked up with Omos, for good reason.

I have faith that Big E will have a very good run. Specially when he makes that "CLAP FOR YOUR WWE CHAMP AND FEEL THE POWER" spiel. Instant hype.