Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/13 - 09/19 NXT 2.0 debut and Monday Night Football massacre

KawadaSmile

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, sek69 said:

All the new faces on NXT look like they have potential (except Duke Hudson, dude just looks like a Generic CAW: UK Edition). Just having new faces in more than squash matches felt like a breath of fresh air.

I don't like that Josh Briggs dude. Bull Buchanan's son, Brooks Jensen, looks promising tho.

1 hour ago, cm funk said:

Man, I was all excited for REX STEINER (perfect name for the son of DFG) and we got BRONSON BREAKKKER or whatever the fuck

I thought I was overreacting when I read this on my phone earlier at work as well. I went from excited to disappointed just like that. I know some people want to pretend that a name doesn't mean that much but in pro wrestling, a name is everything. And WWE are fucking terrible at it.

5 hours ago, cm funk said:

Man, I was all excited for REX STEINER (perfect name for the son of DFG) and we got BRONSON BREAKKKER or whatever the fuck

Isn't the whole idea, "can you see this name on the WM marquee?"

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, YOUR MAIN EVENT......BROCK LESNAR VS. BORK BREAKKKER!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Coffey said:

I thought I was overreacting when I read this on my phone earlier at work as well. I went from excited to disappointed just like that. I know some people want to pretend that a name doesn't mean that much but in pro wrestling, a name is everything. And WWE are fucking terrible at it.

Yeah, as soon as I heard that name, whatever cool factor the new NXT had just instantly evaporated. On the plus side, that means he can trademark Rex Steiner for himself and use it in AEW or wherever else he ends up after they release him.

I only saw literally a few seconds, which was the very end of the Imperium tag. When did they, especially MB, get so fucking lean? Anyway, definitely a massive upgrade in visuals. It definitely feels like a developmental show, but the brighter atmosphere, more domed look with stadium seating, and the colors definitely at least gave things a fresher aesthetic. I saw clips of Rick Steiner's son and lol'd for real when he gave his name. The fuck lmao. The clip I saw of him in the ring, he looked a bit shaky but I guess he's very young and has very little training. I wonder if they changed to avoid people talking about Scott or something. 

16 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

He military pressed LA Knight, who is not small, like he wasn't shit. Imagine him throwing all those FOOLS in the main event. 

Just give him the title. THE PEOPLE NEED IT.

Real "put him over Flair in five minutes in the main event of Starrcade" vibes here :lol:

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

We are all stuck on Bron Breakker, but I think Von Wagoner for Cal Bloom is equally as stupid.

Honestly all I could think of seeing him wasn't the name, but "are we sure he's Bloom's kid and not Andre's". You could set a drink on my man's eyebrow ridge. 

Seemed like they were kind of doing him a disservice by having his debut be in a main event title match. Like we didn't even know this dude existed until the beginning of the show and he's getting a title shot? I mean granted no one was expecting him to win but it seemed like they could have tapped the brakes just a little considering a million people debuted here.