WWE TV 09/20 - 09/26 New Day vs Bloodline YESSIR

KawadaSmile

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Roman now reminds me of that time Kevin Owens was feuding with basically everyone. Honestly, the way they are booking him is refreshing as fuck - he has beef with Big E, Lashley, Finn, Brock, and maybe even Seth will start going after him.

Great RAW. Basically every segment was used to move storylines further.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I remember THE DISCOURSE being how they thought either Big E or Xavier would turn on Kofi. Basically the exact same thing you said.

Not that the end result, him being squashed, was any good, but it wasn't a SWEEEERRRRRRRVE.

IMO The New Day only disbands after one of them retires.

And even though Brock squashing Kofi for the belt on the first FOX SD was a bummer, Kofi had a nice run as champ. 

38 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

And even though Brock squashing Kofi for the belt on the first FOX SD was a bummer, Kofi had a nice run as champ. 

That's why the squashing was so bad. There was no reason to Bob Backlund the guy.  If you want to belt Brock, that's fine, but there was zero need to geek Kofi out on the way.

Plus there's always DISCOURSE on WWE wanting to break up the New Day since that's what WWE always does. Tag teams exist in the WWE Universe to either turn on each other or one guy gets Marty Jannetty'd into obscurity. Sometimes both!.  The New Day escaping that fate is probably the most underrated aspect of their legacy. 

6 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also can somebody clarify how appealing is this Green Bay/Detroit match-up taking place on the NFL? I know Rodgers is one of the greatest to ever do it, but is going up against the Lions something people wanna see?

GB/Detroit is a longtime classic NFL rivalry.  The Packers have been around over 100 yrs now, the Lions 90 something.  MNF was surpassed by SNF a long time ago when it comes to marquee matchups, MNF tends to get more legacy ones in-season that will be a bigger deal in-market and to diehards.  Someone can probably correct me on that because I don't watch the NFL anymore, but it was that way not too long ago

I actually watched RAW in full for the first time for sure this year, maybe since early in the pandemic last year.  Between hot shotting anything and everything possible they finally got my attention

- biggest negative out of the way first:  when Lashley started using the chair and Graves yells "TRIPLE THREAT RULES IT'S ALL LEGAL"  I cursed out loud at them.  WWE just makes up the rules as they go, don't they?  If everything was legal why wasn't he using a chair the whole time?  Where were the Usos?  Meh.  It lead to a good finish with everyone staying strong tho, so I guess it's a mild complaint.  But in the moment it was a total WTF because I was like "Why the fuck isn't this a DQ?!!?" and then the stupid announcer tells me there are no rules in this stupid company

- the show overall wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.  It def felt like a lot of hot shotting.  Like clearly the opening trios was leading to a triple threat the way it ended, but I thought it would be at Extreme Rules (totally forgot/didn't know about Demon match).  Then they're doing Orton/AJ and Hardy/Sheamus unadvertised on TV which feel like PPV caliber matches to me or at least something you build up, but whatever

- Riddle was extra annoying, and I used to like his act in NXT.  I guess this is the main roster norm for him now?

- I thought the stuff with Nia "not cooperating" playing off the Charlotte match was really lame.  I hate the work/shoot stuff and it felt very late stage WCW there for a moment.  Then Shayna killed her and killed her some more and it was fine.  Fine if this leads to Shayna being a serious badass again, but not sure what another Nia babyface push is going to do for anyone (the last time she was a face the fans ended up turning on her IIRC)

- I actually really enjoyed the brief Ali/Mansoor v. Angel/Humberto match.  I'd forgot Angel was even around anymore tbh, and I'd forgotten that him and Humberto were related?  Both of these teams showed potential if they actually stuck with them and ran a legit tag division.  LOL, I know.  I almost forgot who the tag champs were just typing that and they were all over the show

- the 24/7 backstage was lame

- I was surprised that I enjoyed the Charlotte/Alexa deal.  Most everything I've seen of Alexa in this gimmick has been an instant turnoff for me.  This was tolerable and at least somewhat interesting.  Charlotte wearing an overalls type outfit mean anything?  This was definitely more interesting in presentation and verbiage than the other Alexa/Lili stuff I've seen, and thankfully they've ditched the magic act

- Lashley was great all night, as was Roman.  Big E was good in the matches, but maybe it was just me I'm not buying him as champ yet.  WWE has made him such a permanent mid-carder in my mind, and they started off RAW showing how he won the belt in a super cheap fashion (first time I'd seen the clips).  At least with Kofi he won it fair and square after an uphill climb against D-Bry at WM.  I think they might have doomed Big E off the bat having him become champ that way, but time will tell.  At the very least he was booked really strong last night against the two strongest, most protected guys in the company right now

- crowd wasn't great, but I've surely been spoiled watching mostly AEW lately.  Are SC crowds usually so meh?  I also noticed at several points that the ring seemed to be off.  New ring crew?  I noticed several people having issues on the top turnbuckles, and there were a few spots where it seemed like the ropes were loose.  I think I heard something in the ring pop late in the main event and Roman tell E to avoid the ropes too, but I might have been imagining it ;)

But Triple Threats in WWE, at least as far as I remember, have always been no DQ. It was surprising to see there was not a DQ finish in the opener after Lashley laid both trios out.

And man, WWE has four really over, protected dudes right now. Drew, Lashley, Roman and Big E. That's a beefy unit, if you ask me.

5 hours ago, ragemaster said:

Isn't this a homophobic promo, they laughing because big men slapping meat sounds like gay sex, since when should gay sex be something to laugh about?  

as bubba Dav'oh mentioned, it's more juvenile than anything. kofi had one promo saying he'd spread the seeds of positivity all over the faces of the wwe universe, even making some interesting gestures

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

What's this about people leaving the building after the Bliss segment and not coming back to the building? da hell?

It seems like someone fed Meltzer shit info, and he immediately bought it without bothering to verify the report cuz he is inclined /wants to believe that people would walk out after that segment. If 1500 people had left, we would have for sure heard about it from more people than Dave

Edited by MoS

24 minutes ago, strobogo said:

"Someone told me" 20% of the audience left on live TV during one segment but somehow no one noticed it as it was happening. This man getting rolled hard lmao. 

Also Dave really needs to stop blindly trusting these reports he gets from the arenas, this may be the most egregious example but it's hardly the first time. 

Just now, sek69 said:

Also Dave really needs to stop blindly trusting these reports he gets from the arenas, this may be the most egregious example but it's hardly the first time. 

I don't know how true this is is but I saw someone from the UK bragging that he emailed Meltzer about this, claiming to be in Raleigh. So, if that's the case, no wonder Meltzer looked like an ass reporting this.

Chico said on WOL that during Raw, someone in WWE who was in the building texted him to say that 700 people left during the Alexa segment. That source would later say that 1500 was questionable but stood by the 700 number. Keep in mind that WWE uses seat fillers, so photos that don't show significant numbers of empty seats don't mean much.