Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/20 - 09/26 New Day vs Bloodline YESSIR

KawadaSmile

Actually, Triple H is a complete WTF considering it's the acronym of a total cartoony gimmick that lasted only a bunch of formative years, by the time he got rid of it and really got his main event push he was called only by the acronym and even on a familiar level as "Trip". I mean, to a casual viewer or even a fan from the Cena era, how the fuck do you explain what Triple H means and make sense out of it ?

That Steiner kid sure sounds a lot like Scott. Considering WWE's booking, I'd say he's got 50% chance of becoming a big star, with 33% less in the main roster, which means he has still 27% chance on RAW but since Roman's on Smackdown that 10% less, so he's got about 77% out of 47% chance of becoming a big star in WWE overall.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The name Paul E. Dangerously came from the movie Johnny Dangerously and was inspired by a young Heyman's resemblance to Michael Keaton. It tickles me to no end that he was billed as Paul E. Dangerly in Memphis because they thought the name Dangerously was too cartoonish and over-the-top. All the horseshit that went on down there and his ring name is where they had to draw the line.

30 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

The name Paul E. Dangerously came from the movie Johnny Dangerously and was inspired by a young Heyman's resemblance to Michael Keaton. It tickles me to no end that he was billed as Paul E. Dangerly in Memphis because they thought the name Dangerously was too cartoonish and over-the-top. All the horseshit that went on down there and his ring name is where they had to draw the line.

I mean, they aren't wrong. Do you really think Ta-Gar: Lord of the Volcano would get over with a manager named Paul E. Dangerously?

I just caught the main event of NXT and everything about 2.0 seems so much better and exciting than the past, idk 2 1/2 years of NXT. Junior Steiner is awesome already, popped for the catching powerslam that he did more like Buzz Sawyer than his dad, and the Steiner Recliner. If this fella can combine the best parts of Rick and Scott into one meat headed monster, you might have the next Brock on your hands. Someone get him to start throwing Steiner Breakker Lines instead of shoulder blocks, though.

I find it interest in some way that NXT 2.0 could become more "adult" in the near future - which I'm guessing means more T & A, innuendo, and maybe even a lifting of restrictions on some blood - and that among many fans, the feeling is that AEW has pushed them to make these changes.

While I think AEW's success is part of it, I think the bigger part of it is that Vince's own tastes are basically that of a middle school boy and, as a middle school teacher, it would make your head spin how fast a 13 year old boy can go from making poop jokes like they're still in elementary school to getting caught in a school staircase engaging in sex acts. That's basically Vince's brain if you look at the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression Eras up till 2005. Vince is obviously smart enough to realize that it is far more lucrative to do a PG show and I think that's why RAW and SD will never get much edgier aside from the occasional angle here or there (the Lashley/Lana/Rusev angle, for example).

With the low stakes of NXT, though, it doesn't surprise me that he may view it as a sandbox to do the stuff that he himself finds entertaining - scantily-clad women, anti-PC characters, sexual innuendos that only a 13 year old would find clever - but that he knows he doesn't actually want to promote as a full part of the WWE brand.

They really aren't struggling, they are financially idiot-proof at this point. 

The hilarity though if they bring blood back after the "blood & guts" comment. But that's nothing new, Vince was blasting Turner for having blood and his rasslin' show and then... Austin passing out in a pool of red goo.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

They really aren't struggling, they are financially idiot-proof at this point. 

Contracts don't last forever though, and the ego of a Vince et al won't take kindly to losing out in major demographics, advertising slowing etc

Considering how much they look to the past i could well believe them taking a look at the attitude era and thinking they should take another run at it

The thing is, I don't even think they are going with that Attitude Era edge. We had people saying "fuck" and "assholes" yesterday, and people making remarks on how the Toxic Attraction were "fine" (they are), but that was it. We also had an on-screen kiss which I don't really recall outside of huge angles.

It feels that they are having humans behave as humans, which is good.

I am binge-watching the two NXT 2.0 episodes. This is such a breezy watch. Nothing remarkable or particularly good but the entire presentation is a massive upgrade and feels very refreshing. The look is colourful and vibrant, which is exactly what a show featuring young talented rookies developing their talent should be. None of HHH's metal aesthetic anymore thankfully. 

Hahaha that spot with Dexter Lumis turning around and revealing his axe when it was time to raise objections to their marriage was amazing. He has a lot of personality. I don't know if he will do anything on the main roster; his gimmick seems precisely the kind that Vince would completely remodel upon getting called up. But he is very entertaining and Indi is awesome. 

BRONNNN has his dad's physique and his uncle's promo style. This dude is a blatantly obvious can't-miss superstar. He can main event 5 WrestleManias if he so wishes, but imo the wrestling world will be infinitely poorer if he doesn't quit the fed and cut multiple worked shoots - and actual shoots - shitting on Hunter and Vince. He is a Steiner after all

15 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

It feels that they are having humans behave as humans, which is good.

This would be good but there's only so much this can be true when you have Mandy Rose speaking shitty middle school theatre lines in promos like the ultimate generic WWE video game heel, like literally so  

2 hours ago, MoS said:

This would be good but there's only so much this can be true when you have Mandy Rose speaking shitty middle school theatre lines in promos like the ultimate generic WWE video game heel, like literally so  

Yeah, it's far from ideal. Their presentation is nice but the promo was kinda off at points. On the other hand, Mandy improved lots in the ring and there seems to be some sort of focus in this program.

Let's see where they go next week.