Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Grand Slam - September 22, 2021

MoS

9 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I realized I want to see the heels win all these matches. Although they don't really treat Britt as a heel anymore other than the fact that she is wrestling a face.

I don't think they can have Bryan lose his first match in AEW, even if there's a bunch of fuckery. I also think that Brian Pillman has a lot of potential as a babyface but he can't lose all the time. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Steenalized said:

Signed up for a trial of Hulu with live TV just so I can watch this show and Rampage during the week trial. First time I'm watching live wrestling in... five years? Let's gooooo!

I just signed up for the Fite trial for the same reason, except I can't watch live.

I can't even remember the last time I avoided the internet so I could watch wrestling on TV spoiler free. It was probably like 2011 when I was obsessed with Smackdown. This is all still super weird, but in a good way.

-AEW Champion Kenny Omega vs. Bryan Danielson in a non-title match.

being a non title match, I’d figure Danielson goes over. Post match attack by the Elite to get Omega’s heat back and set up a title match. 

-Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black.

I’d have Black win. I know Cody is supposed to be the returning hero but he might get booed out of the building just because. 

-Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho for the AEW Women’s Championship.

This might be the time to pull the trigger on Soho. I’m going to predict a title change. 

-Minoru Suzuki and Lance Archer vs. Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston.

Man this is going to be fun. If they want to keep this going they’ll have Suzuki and Archer win. If not Moxley and Kingston will. This is a tough one. I’m going with Suzuki and Archer. 

-“FTR” Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler vs. Sting and Darby Allin.

FTR win through Tully Blanchard shenanigans. Heating up FTR for a match with Lucha Bros and furthering the Sting/Tully story they have been teasing. I feel bad for Darby though. 

-MJF vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

Brian Pillman is one of my all time favorite wrestlers, hence my screen name. Love seeing Jr. get a spotlight but the time isn’t right yet for him to beat MJF. MJF wins through underhanded tactics to hopefully further the feud. 

1 minute ago, Steenalized said:

I remember thinking he was a huge geek who I couldn't get into back in the early to mid 00s, right as I was checking out he was blowing up. I don't mind it so far

I could be convinced that it's a complex heel act, where he's a guy pretending to be a guy pretending to be a wrestler and thus the double negative makes him an effective heel?

On 9/22/2021 at 8:08 PM, Matt D said:

This is my third Omega match ever. Do people really enjoy his stuff enough that they put up with the mannerisms and the faces?

You learn to ignore it in my case, especially when he is in with superior workers like Danielson where his goofiest most off-putting mannerisms can be reined in. He does put a lot of thought into his matches and character work, in fairness, so to his fans, a lot of this is actually lore

AEW does one thing very damn well: they make you care about something regardless of the end product, and to me that's the hardest thing to do in wrestling.

Also Kenneth has a tendency to get too cute for his own good. Like, he's settin up a dragon suplex and just goes for a spinning heel kick. Why? The was barely any struggle.