Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Grand Slam - September 22, 2021

MoS

I thought it was smart to do a draw, and a 30 minute one at that. Everyone knows both guys are capable of going twice that long (and then some) but you put that shit on PPV and do mega business. Give the people a free sample on TV and have them pay for the main course. It still feels weird seeing a national wrestling company doing booking moves that make sense again. 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what Matt is saying, but the problem with Kenny has always been environment. The things that perpetually dog him were highlighted in feds that were all about being self aware, and it’s what made what he did in New Japan look worse because of it. He absolutely could park half his act and be better off for it, but I see think it’s something that can easily be removed from the equation when criticism arises. You don’t want to do that with a wrestler, but with Omega it’s almost too easy to remove that from all the other aspects of his overall performance. Especially when in there with someone who forces him to park the bullshit. 

They probably would have put Bryan over had Kenny not already lost to Christian. They're super protective of the champ and there wasn't any way they were going to have the champ lose twice relatively quickly like that. I still think a draw is what's Best for Business anyway so it works for me.

Is midcard face losing to a guy pushed from the start as a main event heel while giving him some good spots really a bad thing? MJF has lost only to Mox and Jericho, and Pillman was basically not featured at all in the singles division before this match.