Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - Grand Slam - September 22, 2021

MoS

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

There really wasn't any way Pillman Jr was winning that one. Not only was this whole program just a way to reheat MJF, the way AEW has been booking their Young Lions is that they show a little more each time in losing until they break through with a big win. 

Yeah, they are clearly building to MJF-Darby. 

Pillman is a tag wrestler...I don't see him having a singles run anytime soon.

MJF needed a reset as an asshole that needs his comeuppance after the Jericho feud. Pillman was a palate cleanser. Max is ready for a new upper card feud now...and Pillman I'm sure will get revenge as he works his way up as a single in the future.

The match did it's job.

I missed the end of Pillman/MJF getting the kids to bed. I would have had Wardlow help MJF win and then have the Blonds win a subsequent tag match next week (because they're the more natural team). MJF is the stronger singles guy. Blonds end up elevated, MJF isn't hurt. I take it they aren't going that route.

Problem with MJF/Pillmann is not just that Junior isn't good to be on that place yet, but there was a serious disconnect between what was presented and how he reacted.

MJF calls his mom Methany, he just stares very angrily!

MJF is harrassing Julia Hart, and he just behaves like nothing happened.

The fact his match barely got any hint of interference just made things look even worse. Pillmann left looking worse than when he entered.

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Problem with MJF/Pillmann is not just that Junior isn't good to be on that place yet, but there was a serious disconnect between what was presented and how he reacted.

The fact his match barely got any hint of interference just made things look even worse. Pillmann left looking worse than when he entered.

Sad but true. I’m disappointed if this is it for them. 

I'm glad Black won but I think the feud is all over the place. From beating so bad he's gone for weeks to a bizarre ending were he has to cheat to win? it didn't feel Cody was that much better to get that desperate and the Arn stuff I guess was there for a future break up because Cody is worried about the wrong stuff?

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Even though I wanted Pillman Jr. to win, I agree with all of this. 

Pillman Jr. is still "green" when it comes to stuff like this.