Pro Wrestling Only

Championship Wrestling from Florida

Blehschmidt

Akbar kicks off TV this week by unleashing the Dogs of War, fun tag team and I think this is a great use of these two guys at this stage of their careers.

With this presentation, I honestly could see Regal working out as a babyface here, looking forward to following him here.

I like the explanation for the card change and the background/story given...it helps build this first round match where there's more stakes than just the titles.

I'm soooo happy to see Good & Plenty back in action here! They were a favorite of mine when you originally paired them together and just the thought of them coming out to the ring to New Edition's 'Candy Girl' puts a smile on my face! Not to mention, Ray Candy's finish being called the "Chocolate Drop' is awesome.

The Rogers/Donavan vignettes have them over with me already!

Duggan vs. Hercules is a great main event angle!

Aww shit! Matt Borne/Buzz Sawyer have arrived! Lucky for the other teams they showed up after the cut off for the tag title tournament!

I'll jump back on a little later and leave some feedback for the card!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show as we get the big main event right off the bat here in Florida.  Hercules and Duggan could sell your tickets for 6 months.  Good & Plenty is an awesome team for this promotion.  Akbar has built a nice stable to get some heat but I might be careful of the young Sabu getting too much attention.  

Great way to kick off the show with Borne/Sawyer kicking ass!

Again, I like the Sheik and Akbar leading the young Sabu at this early stage in his career.

Nice finish for the Glamour Boys to get the win but the Dogs of War still look strong.

The Highwaymen stick it to their old rivals the Youngbloods once last time on their way out the door.

The ol' poison mist might just make Regal think twice about this babyface thing!

YES! Good & Plenty advances!

The Blondes get past the Islanders here but I sure hope they meet again soon!

Great main with two heavy hitters in Herc and Duggan....this is a money feud that will help get Florida rockin' and rollin'!

Great show!! I'm psyched to have Florida in the mix here!

(Taped on Wednesday October 20th, 1986 and airing Saturday October 23rd)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

and other great stations across the Southeastern United States....

From the Tampa Sportatorium, this is....

lHlY2qX.jpg

Let's head down to ringside, with the voice of Professional Wrestling...

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Hello Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie and we have a lot of action in store for you here this afternoon. We will see Skandor Akbar's Oriental Assassin known as Kazaharu in singles action. A masked man known around the world, The Spoiler will make his presence known here in Florida here today, and we will see "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan in action. Speaking of "Hacksaw" Duggan, I am certain he will have much to say after the events that occurred last weekend down the road at the Spartan Sports Center. We will be discussing those happenings and much more, but right now let's head to the ring where the man who hails from Antigua in the West Indies, Special Delivery Jones is set for action.

S.D. is getting a great reaction from the crowd as he heads to the ring wearing one of his trademark colorful shirts, blue trunks, and white boots. He is slapping hands and is all smiles until he hits the ring and gets ready for competition.

===========================================================================================================

Match #1
-S.D. Jones beat "From Outta Town" Snake Brown with a Running Headbutt.-

===========================================================================================================

Gordon Solie: Jones sent that headbutt Special Delivery and that was all for one Snake Brown. We'll be right back to talk about last weekends first round matches in the tournament for the Florida Tag Team Titles. Don't go anywhere.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling. Now, last weekend during our big event here in Tampa, we saw the first round of the tournament for the Florida Tag Team Titles take place. Four teams have advanced to the second round, and I can now confirm that those matches will be held on the afternoon of Halloween over at the Lakeland Civic Center. Again, that is Sunday October 31st at 4pm at the Lakeland Civic Center in Lakeland. On that card will be both of the semi-final contests as well as the tournament final, so we will see the new Florida Tag Team Champions crowned on that afternoon. Those matches will see The Fabulous Blondes take on the team of Good and Plenty in one semi-final, while The Highwaymen take on my guests at this time, Steve Doll and Steve Simpson, The Glamour Boys!

"Cum on Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot hits in the Tampa Sportatorium as The Glamour Boys come from the back in jeans and tanks tops and after a quick lap of the ringside area to give high fives and kiss girls, come to stand next to Gordon.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, first of all I'd like to congratulate you on your first round victory in the tournament. Then I would like to ask you about your upcoming match up against your longtime rivals, The Highwaymen.

Steve Doll: Thank You Gordon. Those Dogs of War were two big, tough dudes but we did what we do, and we came out on top. Now we find ourselves with The Highwaymen in our way yet again. You know, we've been going at it with these guys for going on two years now, two years! We fought all over the state of Texas in nearly every kind of match you can imagine and we just can't seem to get rid of them.

Steve Simpson: It pains me to say this Gordon, but Duncum and Hickerson have beaten us more times than we've beaten them, because in the past we've tried to play by the rules and they've cheated us time and time again. What's that old saying? Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice..... Yeah, you know it. Well, The Glamour Boys are done being fooled, and we are done playing with you two. We want these Florida Tag Team Titles, and we're going to do whatever we have to do to beat you this time.

Steve Doll: Duncum! Hickerson! You two might be as tough as they come, but we are going to show you what youth gone wild is all about!

The crowd lets loose with a big pop as Doll and Simpson head for the back all fired up.

-Commercial Break-

Match #2
-Los Cubanos (Ricky Santana/Miguelito Perez) w/"Sir" Oliver Humperdink beat Shane Tylor/Scott Reese when Santana pinned Reese after a Flying Splash.-

Gordon Solie: I am hear with...

Oliver Humperdink: Shut Up Solie! I got a lot to say and I don't have time for your stupid questions!

With a look of utter annoyance, Solie just hands the microphone to Humperdink and takes his seat.

Oliver Humperdink: I guess your smarter than most of these people look! Anyway, last weekend my team came up short in the tournament, and I'm not happy about it! You two promised me those titles! So what about it!!

Ricky Santana: Don't look at me, he got pinned.

Oliver Humperdink: That's right! It was you that lost!!

Miguelito Perez: I..uhh....ummm....

Oliver Humperdink: WELL!!!

Miguelito Perez: Lemme make it up to you boss. This show coming up... I wanna call out those Samoan Islanders or whatever. We'll take them out and get back on track.

Humperdink is staring daggers, while Santana is obviously wondering where the "we" stuff is coming from.

Oliver Humperdink: YOU BETTER! Let's go boys!!

-Commercial Break-

As we return we are shown several still images of the past weekends event where Kazaharu sprayed the green mist into the face of "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal.

Gordon Solie: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman. As you've just seen the match between Kazaharu and Steve Regal ended in controversial fashion as Kazaharu spewed forth a green spray into the face and eyes of Steve Regal. I understand that Mr. Regal required medical attention and is still having difficulty with his vision. We wish him the best in his recovery. Now we will see this Kazaharu in action.

Match #3
-Kazaharu w/"General" Skandor Akbar beat Big Train McGee with the Rolling Japanese Sleeper.-

Gordon Solie: I am joined by your winner Kazaharu and his manager "General" Skandor Akbar. Now, I know you have much to say Mr. Akbar, but I would like to ask Kazaharu about this mist that he sprayed into the eyes of Steve Regal.

Skandor Akbar: Well Gordon Solie, you will just have to settle for speaking with me as Kazaharu does not lower himself to speaking English!

Gordon Solie: Well then "General", what can you tell me about that mist?

Skandor Akbar: What mist?

Gordon Solie: The mist that he sprayed into the eyes of Steve Regal at our event this past weekend!

Skandor Akbar: I never saw any mist.

Gordon Solie: You've got to be kidding me. Then how do you explain the green viscous fluid that was all over the face of Steve Regal at the end of that match!

Skandor Akbar: I don't know Solie. He was probably fraternizing with one of the these disgusting Florida women and caught some kind of disease!

Gordon Solie: Okay. We are finished here.

Skandor Akbar: Absolutely Not Solie! I have yet to discuss the victory of mine and the Sheik's protege Sabu this past weekend! He is now off enjoying a celebration that you can't even dream of!

Gordon Solie: Are you also going to discuss the failure of the Dogs of War?

Skandor Akbar: Those two have been sent away for reconditioning... but don't you try and provoke me Solie! My Kazaharu might just have some mist for you if you keep it up!

Akbar walks away chuckling as Kazahary follow stoically behind him. Solie just shakes his head as the show cuts to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to take a moment and apologize to you for my being unprofessional. I should not have provoked Skandor Akbar, but sometimes, some people just get under your skin.

"Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top begins to play as Rip Rogers and Chick Donovan come strutting out from the back. They are wearing matching cheap sunglasses, powder blue tights, and gold boots. The outfits are topped off with matching pink vests that say "Ripper" and "Chick Magnet" on them respectively.

Gordon Solie: As I was saying.... Anyhow, please welcome my guests at this time, Rip Rogers and Chick Donovan, The Fabulous Blondes!

Rip Rogers: Let me tell you something Gordo! The Fabulous Blondes have taken Florida by storm baby! We have all the girls, all the money, and real soon we are going to have all the gold!

Chick Donovan That's right Big Ripper! Last weekend we beat those two Mexicans and now we are headed on to the next round of the tournament for those Florida Tag Team Championships. So listen up Fat and Skinny! If you two think for even a minute you are going to derail the Blonde Train, you got another thing coming.

Rip Rogers: Now, before we do our favorite thing to do in Tampa... which is leave Tampa... hit our music one more time!!

"Sharp Dressed Man" begins to play again as the fans boo unmercifully. Rogers and Donovan are un-phased as they strut and preen around Gordon Solie and then all the way to the back.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, we'll be right back with The Spoiler.

-Commercial Break-

Match #4
-The Spoiler defeated Ken Johnson by submission with The Claw.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner, The Spoiler

The Spoiler: You know, I've been around this world more times than I count. I've fought everybody who's anybody in the professional wrestling business. I've held world championships from one corner of this globe to the other. So when I heard that Championship Wrestling from Florida was back in business, I knew I had to make my way back down here to show everyone just who the biggest, baddest man in the business of professional wrestling is, was, and always will be. Now....

Before The Spoiler can continue, Buzz Sawyer and Matt Borne come rushing onto the set and just begin to assault him. Gordon Solie nearly gets knocked over in the fracas, but manages to run for the hills. Sawyer takes the chair that Solie normally sits in and begins to wear Spoiler out with it, as Borne just stomps the masked man in the head over and over again.

Sawyer hands Borne the chair, and then underhooks the arms of Spoiler. Borne rears back and blasts Spoiler in the head with the chair. The masked man collapses to the ground in a heap and Borne just tosses the chair on top of him. Sawyer drops down and begins punching and tearing at the mask, while Borne picks up the microphone that Gordon Solie left behind.

Matt Borne: You may have been the biggest, and the baddest man in the business a long time ago masked man.... But right here, right now... you are looking at the two most dangerous men in Florida. Don't forget....

Borne and Sawyer walk away from the scene laughing, as the camera pans in on the fallen Spoiler whose mask is torn and blood is pouring from his forehead.

-Commercial Break-

As we return from the commercial break, we see medical personnel and referee's assisting The Spoiler behind the curtain. Gordon Solie is standing shaking his head and looking at the blood on the floor of his destroyed set.

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. Before the break we saw Buzz Sawyer and Matt Borne perpetrate an assault on The Spoiler. I understand they have been removed from the building by the local police, and as you saw The Spoiler is being taken to the back and being tended to by the medical personnel that we have here with us today. We will try to bring you an update on his condition here next week. As they say though, the show must go on, so let's talk for a moment about the show we have coming up on October 31st at the Lakeland Civic Center. So far the following matches have been signed....

Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Florida Tag Title Tournament Semi-Final

Good & Plenty vs The Fabulous Blondes - Florida Tag Title Tournament Semi-Final

Winner Semi Final #1 vs Winner Semi-Final #2 - Florida Tag Team Titles

Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar vs "Beach Boy" Allen West

Just Signed: Los Cubanos w/Oliver Humperdink vs South Pacific Islanders

Quite a night of action already in store, and I do understand that more matches will be added. Up next we have "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. This past weekend he and Hercules Hernandez met at our event here in Tampa and the result was inconclusive as the referee threw the match out when the brawl got out of control. Neither man was happy with that result, and I'm sure "Hacksaw" will have something to say.

Match #5
-"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan defeated The Bounty Hunter with a Running Lariat from a Three Point Stance.-

Gordon Solie: Here is your winner, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan!

Jim Duggan: Gordon! I'm gonna make this short and sweet! I want another fight with Hercules Hernandez, and since he wants to bring that chain into everything, let's go ahead and make it a chain match!

Gordon Solie: That seems like a dangerous proposition Jim.

Jim Duggan: It may be, but at least if we are both attached to the chain, I'll see it coming. So Hercules, if you got any guts, let's do this... Tough Guy!

Duggan nods at Gordon, gives a thumbs up to the fans, and heads to the back.

Gordon Solie: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman. That is going to be all for Championship Wrestling here this evening, but please be sure to join us right here next week. Aleady scheduled we'll see "Beach Boy" Allen West in action. The South Pacific Islanders will be in tag team action, and we will see the debut of one "Hollywood" John Tatum with his manager Dark Journey. Until then, this is Gordon Solie saying So Long From the Sunshine State!

Jones arrives via Special Delivery.

The Glamor Boys give a quick recap of their legendary feud with the Highwaymen.

One match & Perez is already on thin ice & threatening to drag Santana down with him.

Solie & Akbar's back-and-forth continues to be a highlight. Good to see Solie try to be the bigger man.

Big Ripper. LOL.

Spoiler shows up & gets wrecked by Mad Dog & The Maniac! He better find a friend fast!

Big night in Lakeland.

Duggan vs Hercules in a chain match! Bring it on!

SD Jones gets the crowd hopping with an energetic win. SD will thrive here. 

The semi finals are set. Glamor Boys hype up their match with longtime rivals, the Highwaymen. I'm so glad both teams found their way to Florida. 

Looks like Perez is in hot water with Humperdink and Santana. I think Perez might of bitten off more than he can chew by challenging the SPC. 

Kazaharu is quickly making a name for himself here. Akbar is playing a huge role in that. LOL, Solie getting a little sassy.

The Fabulous Blondes make an appearance! Ripper and Chick Magnet. The Blonde train. Man, these guys are great. Their match with Good and Plenty is going to rock! 

WHOA! Things get serious as Sawyer and Borne give Spoiler a brutal beating! These two are running wild! Who will be brave enough step up to them? 

Good ol Hacksaw Duggan ends the show on a high note by challenging Herc to a chain match. That match will sell out an arena for sure. 

Florida is settling in nicely. 

S.D. Jones has arrived and it feels like be would be a perfect fit here in Florida.

The Glamour Boys are everything that an 80's babyface team should be....looking forward to them squaring off with the Higwaymen again down here in Florida

Wow, Perez has already found himself in some deep shit with Hump, he better make things right....fast!

"What mist?" Lol, perfect response from Akbar!

"Ripper" and "The Chick Magnet" are the perfect 80's heel team just like the Glamour Boys are the perfect 80's babyfaces.

Spoiler Alert! He got that ass whooped  by Borne and Sawyer!!

Herc may have messed up this time, TOUGH GUY!! Looking forward to their next encounter!

Really excited for next week's debut of Hollywood John and Dark Journey!

Fun show!!

I think your banter back and forth between the heels and Solie is well done and makes this so fun to read.

I always wondered what SD Jones would have been somewhere other then the WWF which is the only place I ever so him.  Like to see his push here.

Great tag team going...  liked the honest of Simpson and Doll about Hickerson and Duncum.  I still think Simpson and Doll might come out with the belts.

What will happen with Santana and Perez... fun angle here.

Keep Dungan and Herc going for ever!

(Taped on Wednesday October 27th, 1986 and airing Saturday October 30th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

lHlY2qX.jpg

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Hello Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie and we have quite the hour of action in store for you today. Hercules Hernandez will join us here this afternoon, and I'm sure he'll have a response to last weeks challenge from "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. We will also see the South Pacific Islanders team of Cocoa Samoa and Sivi Afi in action. "Hollywood" John Tatum along with his manager Dark Journey will debut here in the CWF in this hour, and we will also see the dastardly and dangerous duo of Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer. But right now, it appears that I am being joined by Phil Hickerson and Bobby Duncum, known collectively as The Highwaymen.

Duncum and Hickerson are dressed in blue jeans, button up denim shirts, and cowboy hats as they approach the set where Gordon Solie was opening the show. Neither man looks happy to be there.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, it would appear you have something to say...

Phil Hickerson: You know something Solie! Last week them Glamour Boys was out here running their traps about me and Bobby, talking about how they're done playing games and they're gonna do whatever they gotta do to beat us, and there gonna show us what there all about, and that we cheated them, and blah, blah, blah. What a load of crap!

Bobby Duncum: Buncha Bull....

Phil Hickerson: The only thing them two little fruit loops said that was even remotely true was that we beat them way more times than they ever beat us.

Bobby Duncum: Whole lot more...

Phil Hickerson: So you two boys can come out here and cry and moan about how we done you wrong, but come Halloween, we are going to beat you again, and we are going to win those Florida Tag Team Titles and there ain't nothing that you can do it about..Glamour Boys!

Bobby Duncum: Ya hear that Glamour Boys? We're tellin' ya, righ't'chere, right now... Ain't no way you getting past The Highwaymen. Them belts is going home with us, and we gonna beat'cha again. Ya Unnastan?

The Highwaymen head out to the boo's of the crowd, and the show heads to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Match #1
-"Beach Boy" Allen West beat "From Outta Town" Snake Brown with a Belly to Belly Suplex.-

Gordon Solie: I am being joined by your winner, "Beach Boy" Allen West. A very impressive victory today Mr. West, but tomorrow during our event at the Lakeland Civic Center, you are set to take on "The Oriental Assassin" Kazaharu. Are you prepared for that, step up in competition?

Allen West: Well Gordon, so far I am undefeated here in the CWF and I feel like I learn more and get better each and every time I am in that ring. I watched the match that this Kazaharu with Steve Regal, and I saw him spew that gunk into Steve's eyes. So I can tell you that I'll be on the look out for that, and I'll be doing my best to avoid those chops and kicks. Then hopefully the opportunity presents itself, and I can hook him up and drop him with my Belly to Belly Suplex.

Gordon Solie: Well best of luck to you. Again, that match and a whole lot more takes place tomorrow afternoon at the Lakeland Civic Center over in Lakeland. Tickets are on sale at the box office, and the bell time is set for 4pm. I promise you that you don't want to miss it. We'll be right back with the, and I can't believe I have to say this.... premiere.... of "Hollywood" John Tatum. I'm sure you won't want to miss that either!

-Commercial Break-

The show is back from commercial for just a few moments before the lights in the building dim to almost nothing. After several long moments a spotlight hits the ring where we see an African American woman wearing a black cocktail dress standing in the center of the ring with a microphone.

"Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Dark Journey and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the world premiere of the new face of professional wrestling in Florida. So please stand on your feet, shut your mouths, and welcome.... "Hollywood" John Tatum!

AC\DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" explodes into the Tampa Sportatorium as a strobe light hits the entrance curtain. For a long moment nothing happens as the song plays, then there is a loud pop as a burst of confetti showers the entrance way and then "Hollywood" John Tatum makes his appearance. He is dressed in a black and white full length robe trimmed with white feathers. His long brown hair has blonde highlights through out, and he has just enough stubble to make the facade of a beard. As he slowly struts to the ring, the boo's grow increasingly louder. When the lights come back up and Dark Journey helps him take off his robe to reveal powder blue trunks with Hollywood written across the butt in a shade of red one step shy of pink, the boo's grow even louder. As Dark Journey fixes his hair and kisses his cheek before exiting the ring, Tatum has a smile on his face a mile wide as the Florida crowd absolutely loathes him.

Match #2
-"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey beat Shane Tylor with the California Kick.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with the winner "Hollywood" John Tatum and his manager Dark Journey. Miss Journey, please allow me to be the first to welcome you to Championship Wrestling from Florida.

Dark Journey: Well, Thank You Gord....

John Tatum: Okay! Okay! That's enough of that! Let's talk about the real star of this show, and the new face of professional wrestling in Florida... "Hollywood" John Tatum!!

Gordon Solie: All right Mr. Tatum, you are calling yourself the face of wrestling in Florida. Am I to assume that your nickname then refers to Hollywood, Florida?

John Tatum: What? Dear God... NO! It refers to the only Hollywood that matters you goofball.. Hollywood, California! Are you back on the sauce Solie? My good friend Tommy Rich warned me that you'd be out here, about half lit asking me questions that are almost as stupid as all the people in this crowd look!

That draws a big round of boo's from the crowd, and Gordon Solie looks more than a little annoyed.

John Tatum: Ohhh.. quiet down you buncha Florida halfwits! There is an actual star out here talking right now!

The boo's grow louder, and Tatum gets one of his famous pouty looks on his face.

John Tatum: You know what! You people don't deserve to hear what I have to say anyway! Let's go woman!

Tatum storms off toward the back, as Dark Journey gives a "sorry" half smile to Gordon Solie and follows him out.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back Ladies and Gentleman. Before we continue, I'd like to go ahead and apologize for the comments of John Tatum and of course remind you that his opinions do not reflect those of Championship Wrestling from Florida. That being said, I don't know if things are going to get any better, because due out here next is the team of "Maniac" Matt Borne and the "Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer. Let's head to the ring for that tag team contest.

Match #3
-Matt Borne/Buzz Sawyer defeated Lloyd Daniels/Big Train McGee when Sawyer pinned Daniels after a Powerslam.-

Borne and Sawyer head directly over to Gordon Solie and they are apparently in a good mood as they are all smiles and laughs.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, while that was an impressive display inside the ring, what I'd like to talk about is last week when the two of you came out here and assaulted The Spoiler.

Buzz Sawyer: NO! NO! NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED SOLIE! You see, The Spoiler was out here saying some crazy stuff about him being the meanest, about him being the baddest, and about him being the toughest wrestler in the state of Florida, and we just came out here to show him that we disagreed with that opinion! THAT'S ALL!

Gordon Solie: By viciously attacking him until his mask was torn, and blood was pouring from his forehead?

Matt Borne: If you know a better way to let someone know you don't share their opinion, I'd love to hear it Gordon....

Borne tries to keep a straight face as he stares down Gordon Solie, but ends up laughing maniacally at his own joke.

Gordon Solie: Well, I think we've heard just about enough from these two....

Before Gordon can finish his sentence, The Spoiler erupts from behind the curtain and starts throwing punches at Sawyer who happened to be the closer of the two men. Borne moves into the fray, and soon Spoiler is throwing punches at both men, but Sawyer and Borne are starting to fire back. Just when it looks like the numbers game is going to overwhelm The Spoiler, another figure emerges and enters the fray. A huge red haired man, probably close to 7 feet tall wearing blue jeans, a tank top, and a black glove on one hand with pale skin and a beard joins the side of The Spoiler and starts throwing haymakers. Soon all four men are exchanging rights and lefts, and the brawl is going all over the place.

Gordon Solie: A Pier Six Brawl has broken out here in the Sportatorium! Here comes security as I speak. Let's head to a break as they try to restore order. Don't go anywhere, we'll be right back!

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Welcome back to Championship Wrestling, where we just witnessed a tremendous skirmish right here where I sit. Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer were spinning a tale about the attack they perpetrated on The Spoiler when the man himself arrived looking for some payback. He didn't come alone either as that gargantuan red haired fellow with him came out and quickly evened the odds. I don't know who that man is, but something tells me that we'll find out sooner than later!

Now, let's take a moment if we may and run down the action we have in store for tomorrow afternoon at the Lakeland Civic Center. That is of course across the way in Lakeland, Florida, tomorrow afternoon, October the 31st with a 4pm bell time. Already scheduled we have..

Glamour Boys vs The Highwaymen - Florida Tag Title Tournament Semi-Final

Good & Plenty vs The Fabulous Blondes - Florida Tag Title Tournament Semi-Final

Winner Semi Final #1 vs Winner Semi-Final #2 - Florida Tag Team Titles

Kazaharu w/Skandor Akbar vs "Beach Boy" Allen West

Los Cubanos w/Oliver Humperdink vs South Pacific Islanders

Just Signed: "Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey vs SD "Special Delivery" Jones

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs Hercules Hernandez

"Hacksaw" Duggan has requested a chain match, and we will speak with Hercules Hernandez later in this hour to see if he accepts that stipulation. But right now, I would like to bring out one of the teams competing in the Semi-Finals of the Florida Tag Team Championship Tournament. Please welcome, Ray Candy and Skip Young, also known as The Candy Man and Sweet Brown Sugar. They are Good and Plenty!

New Edition's "Candy Girl" hits and the Sportatorium goes wild, clapping along and dancing. Candy and Young head out with smiles on their faces and join Solie at his position.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, tomorrow night you meet The Fabulous Blondes in the semi-finals of the tournament for the Florida Tag Team Titles.

Skip Young: Gordon Solie! We saw them two out here last week strutting around like some they was some kinda chickens. We heard 'em call us Fat and Skinny. You know what, that's all good. Because tomorrow afternoon in Lakeland when we beat them two boys all over that ring, and we pin 'em One, Two, Three. That's gonna be Good and Plenty moving on too the finals of the tournament!

Ray Candy: Then whether or not it's our friends The Glamour Boys, or them dirty, stinkin' Highwaymen, we gonna dance all over their butts and win them Florida Tag Team Titles! You know what I mean Gordon?

Gordon Solie: I hear you Mr. Candy.

Ray Candy: and Gordon, when we win them titles, we gonna teach you to do the cabbage patch!

"Candy Girl" starts again as Young and Candy head to the back and the crowd goes wild.

Gordon Solie: I uh.... I don't know about that. We'll be right back.

-Commercial Break-

Match #4
-South Pacific Islanders (Cocoa Samoa/Sivi Afi) defeated The Bounty Hunters (I/II) when Cocoa Samoa pinned Bounty Hunter II after a Samoan Splash.-

Cocoa Samoa and Sivi Afi get a nice reaction and then head over to join Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: A nice win for the South Pacific Islanders, who tomorrow afternoon will be in tag team action against Los Cubanos. Gentleman, do you have any idea why Miguel Perez called you out specifically last week?

Cocoa Samoa: I've been asking myself that all week Gordon. I have some history with Ricky Santana bruddah, but I've never run into Miguel Perez before in my life.

Sivi Afi: But tomorrow night, the why won't matter. His mouth will have written a check, his butt can't cash. The South Pacific Islanders will put them Cubans down and be back on track.

Cocoa Samoa: That's right!

Gordon Solie: There you have it Ladies and Gentleman. We will be right back with Hercules Hernandez in our main event.

-Commercial Break-

Match #5
-Hercules Hernandez beat Bucky Blevins by submission with the Torture Backbreaker.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner, Hercules Hernandez.

Hercules Hernandez: I suppose you want to know what I have to say about Duggan challenging me to a chain match?

Gordon Solie: That is exactly what I want to know Mr. Hernandez.

Hercules Hernandez: Well, I have to say that "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan has to be some kind of an idiot to challenge "The Mighty" Hercules to a chain match. I have the arms and the body of a god, and he is just a mere mortal. So if he wants to meet me in that ring and he wants this chain to be one hundred percent legal, I say bring it on big man!

Hercules hits the double bicep while gripping the chain, and then heads for the back.

Gordon Solie: There it is Ladies and Gentleman, tomorrow afternoon in Lakeland the main event will be a Chain match! I have also been informed that a tag team match has been signed that will see Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer take on The Spoiler and the man who we saw earlier who we now understand is known as Texas Red. That is sure to be a street fight! So please, be sure to join us tomorrow at the Lakeland Civic Center for a 4pm bell time. Then join us right back here next week for more action. Until then I am Gordon Solie saying So Long from the Sunshine State!

Years of WWE has largely soured me on wrestling shows opening with a promo but since it's The Highwaymen I'll let it slide.

West looks good tonight but I gotta feeling Kazaharu is gonna give him a harder time.

I love Solie's reaction to the "premier" of John Tatum. I WAS happy to see Tatum & DJ together again but Tatum ruined it.

Mad Dog & the Maniac explain last week was simply a difference of opinion. It doesn't appear to have been settled as Spoiler arrives with a debuting Texas Red! I remember these 2 were great together in Pacific.

Quite the card for Lakeland.

I don't care what I said earlier, I'm pulling for Good & Plenty to win the titles because Gordon Solie NEEDS to learn the cabbage patch!

I think Perez may have bitten off more than he (& Santana) can chew.

Hercules accepts the chain match!

TvkSBBY.png

Lakeland Civic Center

Lakeland, Florida

Sunday October 31st, 1986

Bell Time: 4:00pm

Florida Tag Team Title Tournament - Semi-Final

The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) vs The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson)

As soon as the bell rang, the fight was on, as is customary for these two teams. Duncum and Hickerson controlled early, dividing the ring in half and working over Simpson for quite some time. But when it looked like all was lost for The Glamour Boys, Simpson rolled under a Duncum clothesline and tagged in Doll. As the crowd went wild, Doll was the proverbial house of fire laying into both Highwaymen with all kinds of offense that had them both reeling, a dropkick sent Duncum to the floor, and then he caught Hickerson with a series of hip tosses! When Hickerson got back to his feet, Doll went after him again, but the referee got between them because Hickerson wasn't the legal man. As the ref was pushing Hickerson out of the ring, Duncum slid back in the ring and had removed his boot while he was on the floor! Doll turned around and Duncum blasted him between the eyes with the boot, tossed the evidence under the bottom rope, and covered Doll. The ref turned around and dropped down for the count, and Hickerson managed to get in and stop a still beat up Simpson from breaking up the pin, and The Highwaymen were going to the finals!

Florida Tag Team Title Tournament - Semi-Final    

Good & Plenty (Ray Candy/Skip Young) vs The Fabulous Blondes (Rip Rogers/Chick Donovan)

Lots of stalling from the Blondes early in this one as they both attempted to avoid big Ray Candy. Candy had no trouble tossing both of them around and appeared to have things well in hand, until a sneaky dropkick to the back of the knee from the illegal man dropped him to the canvas. After that The Blondes went to work, taking apart the knee of the big man until he could hardly put any weight on his leg. Rip Rogers looked like he was going to try and end the match with a figure four leglock, but Candy used the strength in his good leg to push Rogers clear out of the ring. Candy then crawled across the mat and tagged in Sweet Brown Sugar, who came in firing dropkicks at both Rogers and Donovan. SBS then headed up top and sailed off with a beautiful Flying Crossbody onto Rogers, Donovan tried to make the save but Candy cut him off just in time, and Rogers couldn't kick out!

Singles Contest

Kazaharu w/"General" Skandor Akbar defeated "Beach Boy" Allen West by submission with the Rolling Japanese Sleeper

Tag Team Grudge Match

"Mad Dog" Buzz Sawyer/"Maniac" Matt Borne vs The Spoiler/Texas Red

This one didn't last long as it was an all out brawl from the time all four men hit the ring. The referee did his best to maintain control, but it just wasn't happening. He finally threw the whole thing out when Sawyer tossed the timekeepers table into the ring! That didn't stop the fight though as Texas Red clotheslined Borne to the floor, and they fought all the way up the aisle. Spoiler hurled the table back out of the ring directly onto the head of Sawyer, who walked around the ring about half loopy for several seconds before collapsing to the floor. Security and officials stormed ringside to break things up before it got even more out of hand.

Singles Contest

"Hollywood" John Tatum w/Dark Journey beat S.D. Jones with the California Kick and a handful of tights!

Tag Team Contest

South Pacific Islanders (Cocoa Samoa/Sivi Afi) beat Los Cubanos (Ricky Santana/Miguelito Perez) w/"Sir" Oliver Humperdink when Cocoa Samoa pinned Miguelito Perez after a Samoan Splash

Humperdink was beside himself after the loss and walked away from the ring without his men. Ricky Santana was looking from the departing Humperdink to his fallen partner and looked torn. Finally he helped Perez up, before heading to the dressing room with a dejected look on his face.

Chain Match

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs Hercules Hernandez

From the moment the referee got the chain locked on to the wrist of these two men, this was an absolute war. You can forget about any semblance of technical wrestling, because it didn't happen. This was just a straight up brawl with fists and clubbing forearms and biting and a whole lot of being punched, whipped, and beaten with a chain! Duggan was the first to bleed after Hercules got the early advantage. Hernandez was brutal with the chain, choking the life out of Duggan and then just peppering him repeatedly with punches when he didn't pass out. His face was the proverbial crimson mask, but with the crowd behind him, "Hacksaw" fought back and started whipping Hernandez with the chain. A huge chain wrapped right hand split open the forehead of Hercules, but Duggan hadn't gotten his pound of flesh quite yet and laid in several more. It looked like "Hacksaw" had things all wrapped up, when "General" Skandor Akbar made his way to ringside. Duggan wrapped the chain around his arm and dropped down into his Three Point Stance, but when he went to charge, Akbar grabbed his leg and Duggan stumbled. "Hacksaw" turned around to confront Akbar, and that was all Hercules needed, as he cracked Duggan in the back of the head with the chain, then looped it around his neck. Turning back to back with Duggan, Hercules hoisted him up, essentially hanging him, and when Duggan stopped kicking, the referee called for the bell. A smiling Akbar escorted a bloody Hercules out of the arena much to the chagrin of the audience.

Florida Tag Team Title Tournament - Final

The Highwaymen (Bobby Duncum/Phil Hickerson) vs Good & Plenty (Ray Candy/Skip Young)

The Highwaymen attacked before the bell rang, and managed to push big Ray Candy out of the ring, leaving Skip Young to be the target of their attack. He took quite the beating from Duncum and Hickerson, who cut off the ring and made frequent tags to continuously dish out the punishment on Sweet Brown Sugar. Finally after several long minutes of being treated this way, Young was able to reverse an Irish whip and caught Hickerson with a crossbody that scored a shock two count. Hickerson quickly tagged Duncum back in, while SBS crawled toward Candy. Duncum got there before he could make it, and dropped an elbow, but Young rolled out of the way! Duncum hit the canvas hard, and Young leapt forward and tagged in Ray Candy!

Candy hit the ring firing off huge punches at Duncum, then blasted him with a big elbow to the head. Hickerson hit the ring, but ate a clothesline for his troubles. Candy whipped Duncum into the corner, then after a few seconds of a little dance move charged in to give him a big avalanche. Duncum was unable to get out of the way, but he did manage to pull the referee between himself and Candy!! The referee crashed to the mat and Candy looked mortified at what he'd done. He bent down to check on the fallen official, and Duncum used the strength he had left to kick Candy in the balls!

Hickerson and Sweet Brown Sugar entered the ring at the same time. Sugar was going after Duncum, and Hickerson waited until he reached him, then got behind Sugar and stiff armed him in the balls! With both members of Good and Plenty, and the referee down..... The Highwaymen nodded at one another and exited the ring. Duncum shoved the time keeper out of his chair and took it. Hickerson meanwhile grabbed a chair from one of the security personnel seated at ringside. The boo's were coming hot and heavy as The Highwaymen re-entered the ring and both immediately started laying into the recovering Ray Candy with chairs. Hickerson laid a shot across the huge back of Candy, then Duncum clocked him right across the top of the head, and down he went.

They then turned their attention to Sweet Brown Sugar who was pulling himself up using the ropes. As both of them reared back with their chairs, the boo's suddenly turned into loud cheers.... as Steve Doll and Steve Simpson hit the ring and each grabbed a chair that was raised above a Highwaymen head! The Glamour Boys yanked the chairs away from Duncum and Hickerson, and when The Highwaymen turned to see who had taken their chairs, Doll and Simpson both swing and blasted Duncum and Hickerson right in the head with a chair! The Highwaymen both went down in a heap, and The Glamour Boys took the chairs and headed back to the dressing room.

Sweet Brown Sugar who hadn't seen any of this, turned around to find everyone in the ring laid out. So he shook the referee, then kicked Phil Hickerson several times until he fell out of the ring. Another shake of the referee brought him back to functioning, and Sugar covered Duncum for the One, Two, Three!

Winners and NNNEEEEWWWWW Florida Tag Team Champions..... "Candy Man" Ray Candy... "Sweet Brown Sugar" Skip Young..... GOOD AND PLENTY!!!!

The Highwaymen maintain their advantage over The Glamor Boys.

Good and Plenty manage to (temporarily) shut The Fabulous Blondes.

Akbar's Orieantal Assassin claims another scalp.

Mad Dog & the Maniac vs The Spoiler & Texas Red ends the only way it can, BATSHIT INSANITY!

Hollywood is picking up steam.

Perez's ploy falls through. Thankfully it seems his partner is more understanding than his manager.

Yes! Gordon Solie is gonna learn the cabbage patch! Also Good and Plenty are the tag champs, thats cool too.

Highwaymen kick things off with a stern warning for the Glamor Boys.

Beach Boy's win streak continues but will it remain when he hooks up with Kazaharu? 

"Hollywood" Tatum debuts and we're talk'n Hollywood California LOL. He's going to be such a heat magnet in Florida. Tatum also had the best facial expressions. Solie apologizing afterwards gets this over even more.

WOW! Sawyer and Borne may have finally met their match. Spoiler and Texas Red are together again! 

Good and Plenty are having a good time and want the belts.

Poor Bucky Blevins didn't stand a chance. Herc tunes up for Duggan as these two will meet in a chain match! 

OK, here we go! 

Highwaymen cheat their way to the finals. I'm sure they savored that win over their long time rivals. 

Good and Plenty give the fans something to cheer about as they advance over the ever so popular Fabulous Blondes. 

Well, Beach Boy had a good streak going until Kaz put him to sleep.

Whoa, Spoiler throwing the table on Sawyer's head might be the visual of the night! What a brawl! 

I'm sure the fans loved Tatum's win over Special Delivery. 

Islanders win the special challenge match. In the end, Santana chooses his partner over Humperdink. 

Duggan and Herc was the fight I thought it would be and more. This was hard hitting! How did I not see this coming as Akbar comes out and helps Herc get the win. I think we're just getting warmed up. 

The night couldn't of ended on a better note. Glamor Boys get some serious payback and help Good and Plenty win the titles! Highwaymen are going to be so pissed. This adds yet another layer to this epic feud. So now do we get to see Solie dance with the new champs? 

Amazing week Bleh! 

Fun promo from the Highwaymen, you've always done well with them, I never could find a voice for them..."fruit loops" lol

"Beach Boy" gonna get that ass beat!

The premiere of Tatum and Dark Journey was everything I hoped it would be and then some! Calling Gordon Solie a goofball and asking if we was "back on the sauce" (I assure you he was never off) while quoting his "good friend" Tommy Rich was fun stuff! DJ's half smile to Gordon afterwards made it for me as well!

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't expect for Matt Borne to have the line of the show but this exchange made me literally laugh out loud

Gordon Solie: By viciously attacking him until his mask was torn, and blood was pouring from his forehead?

Matt Bourne: If you know a better way to let someone know you don't share their opinion, I'd love to hear it Gordon....

Such good shit, pal!

However the Spoiler is not amused and is probably ill advised to attack them alone but he's soon joined by a "Big Evil", "Callous" man who seemed huge, practically a "Skyscraper" who helped even the odds, not sure if he's another wrestler or just a "mean mark" from out of the crowd, but either way taking on these two will be a huge "Undertaking" he could end up a "Dead Man"...ok I'm done...sorry.

Lakeland is going to be a great card!

As if I wasn't already pulling for Good and Plenty, they promise to make Gordon do the "cabbage patch" outstanding!

The Islanders and Herc get nice wins...but let's head to Lakeland!

Whoa! Highwaymen manage to put down the Fruit Loops to advance!

I really like the Blondes but happy Good and Plenty advances 

As predicted Kazaharu rolls on! 

Sawyer/Bourne vs. Spoiler/Texas Red was exactly what it needed to be here...a wild brawl that leaves us wanting more.

Tatum wins!! The road to the title begins!

Wow! Hacksaw vs. Herc in a chain match delivered the brutality we all expected and hoped for but I'm sure they are far from done!

YES YES YES!! Good and Plenty bring home the gold with an assist from the Glamour Boys, things between them and the Highwaymen just got a helluva lot uglier!!

(Taped on Wednesday November 3rd, 1986 and airing Saturday November 6th)

Airing on....

mf3SJ7d.jpg

lHlY2qX.jpg

5CsEUoc.jpg

Mr. Gordon Solie

Gordon Solie: Hello Ladies and Gentleman and welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I am Gordon Solie, and we are coming off a stellar event this past weekend over in Lakeland that saw new Florida Tag Team Champions crowned, as well as plenty of other happenings that we will cover in this hour. Also on tap here today we will see the debut of an exciting, young athlete named Tom Zenk. The Glamour Boys will be joining us in tag team action. "General" Akbar and The Sheik will be bringing the Sheik's nephew Sabu in for action, and we'll certainly be speaking to Akbar who has much to answer for. Then we will see Texas Red make his debut here on television coming off of a wild brawl this past Sunday afternoon. Now, before we head to the action...

Hello Gordy....

8iB3wKf.jpg

Did you miss me?

Gordon Solie: I...uh...well... Ummm, Ladies and Gentleman, for those of you who don't know her, this is Woman. Does your being here mean that....

Woman: He's right beside you....

chxQFIs.jpg

Solie turns to see the leather pants clad Man standing next to him. After a smirk and a wink from the big fella, a horrified looking Gordon quickly turns his attention back to Woman and he is shaking his head.

Woman: Ohhhh..... You weren't talking about Man, were you Gordy?

Gordon Solie: uhh.. No.. I meant....ummm...

Woman: It's okay Gordy. You're at a loss for words. Many find themselves unable to understand the feelings stirring deep inside them when in the presence of...something else....

The lights in the Tampa Sportatorium drop to blackness. After several moments of silence, "Welcome to The Pleasuredome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood begins to reverberate through the building and a purple light shines on the curtain. Then from behind the curtain emerges a figure wearing a purple cape with the word "Luscious" written across the back in gold. He then turns to reveal similarly colored tights and knee pads with white boots. Wearing a grin as the boo's come hot and heavy, "Luscious" Lanny Poffo saunters toward Woman, Man, and Gordon Solie.

87smv5M.jpg

Gordon Solie: "Luscious" Lanny Poffo, welcome to Championship Wrestling from Florida.

Lanny Poffo: Gordon Solie. It's only fitting that one such as myself comes to the land of sun, sand, and sex to ply my trade. When you last saw me I was being suffocated by all of the redneck, southern trash that call Alabama home, but now...here... I can finally erupt forth like a geyser and be all that "Luscious" Lanny Poffo is meant to be. So right now I am going to go get in that ring, and I want you to send this show to a little commercial break, and I want you to find someone in the back to come out here and wrestle me.

Gordon Solie: I...

Lanny Poffo: Oh, don't try to tell me you can't make it happen Gordon. You're a man with power around here, and we all love a man with power. Make it happen Gordon, or I'll think you don't like me anymore. You wouldn't want that would you Gordon? Would you?

Gordon Solie: I'll uh... see what I can do...

Lanny Poffo: Wonderful Gordon! Ta Ta for now!

Poffo skips away toward the ring as the fan's boo him unmercifully. Man pats Gordon on the shoulder and winks at him, then Woman runs a finger across Gordon's cheek and heads toward the ring with a smile on her face. Solie looks annoyed as he gets up from his position and the show fades to commercial.

-Commercial Break-

Match #1
-"Luscious" Lanny Poffo/Woman & Man beat Scott Reese by submission with the Painacle.-

Gordon Solie: Luscious Poffo picks up the win with the chicken wing cross face submission that he has dubbed the Painacle. I certainly wasn't expecting to see those three here today, but it would appear that they are now a part of the action here in Championship Wrestling from Florida. Now, before we move on, we need to go back to this past weekend in Lakeland and see some action from the tournament to crown the Florida Tag Team Champions. The first clip will be from the Semi-Final match between The Glamour Boys and The Highwaymen, and then we will show you a clip from the Finals. Let's go ahead and roll that footage.

When Hickerson got back to his feet, Doll went after him again, but the referee got between them because Hickerson wasn't the legal man. As the ref was pushing Hickerson out of the ring, Duncum slid back in the ring and had removed his boot while he was on the floor! Doll turned around and Duncum blasted him between the eyes with the boot, tossed the evidence under the bottom rope, and covered Doll. The ref turned around and dropped down for the count, and Hickerson managed to get in and stop a still beat up Simpson from breaking up the pin, and The Highwaymen were going to the finals!

The Highwaymen nodded at one another and exited the ring. Duncum shoved the time keeper out of his chair and took it. Hickerson meanwhile grabbed a chair from one of the security personnel seated at ringside. The boo's were coming hot and heavy as The Highwaymen re-entered the ring and both immediately started laying into the recovering Ray Candy with chairs. Hickerson laid a shot across the huge back of Candy, then Duncum clocked him right across the top of the head, and down he went.

They then turned their attention to Sweet Brown Sugar who was pulling himself up using the ropes. As both of them reared back with their chairs, the boo's suddenly turned into loud cheers.... as Steve Doll and Steve Simpson hit the ring and each grabbed a chair that was raised above a Highwaymen head! The Glamour Boys yanked the chairs away from Duncum and Hickerson, and when The Highwaymen turned to see who had taken their chairs, Doll and Simpson both swing and blasted Duncum and Hickerson right in the head with a chair! The Highwaymen both went down in a heap, and The Glamour Boys took the chairs and headed back to the dressing room.

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome Steve Doll and Steve Simpson, The Glamour Boys!

"Cum on Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot plays as The Glamour Boys head out to a big ovation from the Sportatorium crowd. They are dressed to wrestle, but head over to Gordon first.

Gordon Solie: Gentleman, we just saw the footage of what went down this past weekend during the tournament. If you would, I'd like to get your thoughts before you head into the ring for action.

Steve Doll: Gordon, it's happened time and time again. We have The Highwaymen beat, we have them right where we want them, and they pull out some low down, dirty, cheating trick and they beat us. You saw it. He hit me right between the eyes with that cowboy boot and down I went. I'm sick of it!

Steve Simpson: But when we saw them trying that same crap with Good and Plenty, we weren't going to let it happen! You guys might have cheated us out of those Tag Team Titles, but there was no way we were letting you win them! So while we don't condone cheating what so ever, I gotta tell you that it felt pretty good to smash them over the head with those steel chairs!

Gordon Solie: Before you came out here I was informed that at our upcoming event at the Bayfront Center in St. Pete, the two of you will step into the ring with The Highwaymen again, only this time it will be a Best Two out of Three falls match. Your thoughts?

Steve Doll: Duncum. Hickerson. We are done playing naive with you two. We are done being nice guys. Two out of Three falls, just means two opportunities to kick your butts!

Steve Simpson: I couldn't have said it better myself. This thing between us and The Highwaymen is getting old, and when we beat them Two out of Three falls, we'll prove who the better team really is.

Gordon Solie: Thank You Gentleman.

Match #2
-The Glamour Boys (Steve Doll/Steve Simpson) beat Jack Spade/Rick Cohen when Doll pinned Cohen after Glam, Slam, Thank You Ma'am.-

-Commercial Break-

As the show returns from commercial, Gordon Solie looks like he is about to launch into the next segment when a bald man with a beard, wearing an expensive looking gray suit, and smoking a cigar walks onto the set and appears to be looking for something or someone. Following behind him is another larger man with black hair, a much thicker beard, who is wearing a black suit, black sunglasses, and is carrying a briefcase. Both men appear to be of Latin American descent.

Gordon Solie: Uhh.. Excuse Me Sir, can I help you?

Do you know where I can find Humperdink?

Gordon Solie: I don't know where Oliver Humperdink is, but we are currently in the middle of a television show.

I don't mind.

Gordon Solie: Sir, you need to put that cigar out and get off of....

You need to watch your mouth old gringo, I don't think you know who you're talking too!

The man in the suit and Gordon Solie are staring at one another for several tense moments, when "Sir" Oliver Humperdink and Los Cubanos come walking out from behind the curtain. Both Humperdink and Miguel Perez look confused, while Ricky Santana looks concerned.

Oliver Humpderdink: I'm Oliver Humperdink! Who the heck are you?

The man in the suit lights up with an obviously fake smile and extends his hand to Humperdink. Humperdink just stares at him, until the man shakes his head okay and pulls his hands back.

I understand my friend. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jose Estrada, but everyone calls me "El Jefe", and the man behind me is my business associate Fidel.

Oliver Humpderdink: Okay! Give me one reason I should care!

Jose Estrada: How about I give you Ten Thousand.

Estrada snaps his fingers and Fidel opens the briefcase revealing that it is full of money. Humperdink's eyes light up like a Christmas tree, and his whole demeanor gets much friendlier!

Oliver Humpderdink: Hey! okay my friend! What's that for!

Jose Estrada: I understand that as a manager, you hold the contracts for Ricky and Miguel. I would like to offer you this Ten Thousand Dollars for those contracts.

Oliver Humpderdink: Ten Grand! For These Two Losers? SOLD!!

Fidel snaps the briefcase shut and hands it to Humperdink. He quickly shakes hands with Estrada, grabs the briefcase and heads for the back without so much as looking at Ricky and Miguel. Estrada eyes the two men whose contracts he apparently just purchased and then cracks a big grin as he extends his hand to Ricky who looks relieved as he happily shakes it.

Jose Estrada: For anyone out there who doesn't know, this right here.... "El Jefe" along with Fidel and Ricky is The Cartel. What that means, is bad news for anyone and everyone who gets in our way here in Florida. Let's go boys.

Miguel Perez: What about me Jefe?

Estrada turns and looks at Perez for a long moment, gives him an up and down appraisal and nods his head.

Jose Estrada: You're right. I forgot all about you cabron. Fidel, Ricky.... break his arm.

Miguel Perez: Wait.... What.....

Ricky Santana quickly blindsides his former partner with a wicked forearm shot to the head that sends him crashing to the floor. Fidel quickly joins in on the beating, stomping on the fallen Perez as Santana goes to ringside and jerks the chair away from the timekeeper. Fidel drops several more stomps into the back of the head of Miguel, then reaches down and stretches out his arm. Santana arrives back on the scene and raises the chair high above his head before bringing it smashing down on the outstretched arm of Miguel Perez. Perez cries out in pain and clutches at his arm, as The Cartel walks away from the carnage, and Gordon Solie frantically signals for the show to go to break.

-Commercial Break-

Gordon Solie: Ladies and Gentleman, welcome back to Championship Wrestling from Florida. I'd like to take a moment and apologize for what we've just seen out here. Miguel Perez is on his way to the hospital, and looks to most likely be out of action for quite some time. Just a despicable act by this El Jefe Estrada and The Cartel or whatever they call themselves. I'm not sure exactly what is happening here today, first with Lanny Poffo and his band of oddballs showing up, and now this senseless attack. Moving on doesn't necessarily have things looking up either as we are set to be joined by "General" Akbar, The Sheik, and Sabu. Let's head down to the ring.  

Match #3
-Sabu w/Skandor Akbar & The Sheik beat Howie Dewitt after a top rope legdrop followed by the Camel Clutch.-

Akbar congratulates Sheik and Sabu who head to the back, while Akbar heads over to join Gordon.

Skandor Akbar: What did you think of that Gordon Solie!

Gordon Solie: Sabu is certainly an impressive young athlete, that can't be denied. I understand that he will be taking on "Jumping" Joe Savoldi at our next big event in St. Petersburg.

Skandor Akbar: and Jumping Joe will be just another victim. The sky is the limit for Sabu!

Gordon Solie: That may indeed be the case. But right now "General" Akbar I'd like to ask you about...

Skandor Akbar: Kazaharu defeating the Beach Bum? Ha! Ha! I figured you might.

Gordon Solie: Well actually...

Skandor Akbar: My Oriental Assassin has put down every man that has stepped in his path and will continue to do so. Did you see how quickly the Beach Bum went to sleep when Kazaharu locked on that Japanese Sleeper?

Gordon Solie: It is a very dangerous hold, and it was an impressive victory. But Allen West is only a rookie, and....

Skandor Akbar: Don't make excuses Gordon Solie! I don't care if he was a rookie! He stepped into that ring with Kazaharu, and he was put down!

Gordon Solie: He indeed was defeated. But what I'd really like to ask you about is you coming to the ring and costing "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan the chain match, and then leaving with Hercules Hernandez.

Skandor Akbar: Solie, you fool. As always, you are telling half truths and spreading lies. While I did leave with Hercules Hernandez after he participated in the chain match, I can not be held responsible for the fact that Jim Duggan is an imbecile and tripped over his own feet. Just because I happened to be passing by that corner to get a better look at Hercules when it happened, everyone assumes I am responsible.

Gordon Solie: Are you seriously trying to say that "Hacksaw" Duggan just happened to trip and fall when you were conveniently walking by him?

Skandor Akbar: That is exactly what I'm saying Solie! If you take one look at the man you can plainly see that intelligence skipped a generation in his family! Is it that hard to believe that he stumbled over his own feet? If he hadn't already wrestled for several minutes before that point I would have assumed that his boot laces were tied together!

Gordon Solie: This is ridiculous.

Skandor Akbar: If you mean your allegations, indeed they are!

Gordon Solie: We need to take a break. Thank You for your enlightening insight "General."

Skandor Akbar: You'd best watch your tone Solie....

As the shows fades to commercial, Akbar is still ranting and Solie looks like he would rather be anywhere else.

-Commercial Break-

Match #4
-Tom Zenk beat The Bounty Hunter with a picture perfect dropkick followed by a Sleeper Hold.-

Gordon Solie: An impressive debut here in Florida by one Tom Zenk who will be a part of our upcoming event in St. Petersburg. I'd like to take a moment right now and talk a little bit more about that event, because we have some very exciting news to share with you. The show will take place on November the Fourteenth and it will be at the Bayfront Center in St. Petersburg. On that night we are going to hold a very special match that they are calling "The Battle at the Bay" and in that match we are going to crowd the new Florida Heavyweight Champion. I don't have all of the details on what that match will entail, but I hope to have those for you next week. In the meantime, here is what I can tell you will take place at that event...

The Highwaymen vs The Glamour Boys - Best Two out of Three Falls

Sabu w/Skandor Akbar & The Sheik vs "Jumping" Joe Savoldi

Hercules Hernandez, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Kazaharu, Tom Zenk, and a returning "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal will be part of "The Battle at the Bay"

As I said Ladies and Gentleman, we will have the full details on The Battle at the Bay next week, as well as more matches that will take place. Again, that will be at the Bayfront Center in St. Petersburg on Sunday afternoon November the Fourteenth with a 4pm bell time. Tickets go on sale at the box office this Monday morning. We'll be right back with our featured contest featuring the Florida television debut of Texas Red. Don't go anywhere!

-Commercial Break-

Match #5
-Texas Red w/The Spoiler defeated Snake Brown with a Diving Elbowdrop.-

Gordon Solie: I am here with your winner Texas Red and The Spoiler. Gentleman, this past weekend you fought Matt Borne and Buzz Sawyer to a no contest. I can only assume that your business with those men is not finished.

The Spoiler: You assume correctly Solie. If they think for a second that them trying to make a name at my expense is going to go unpunished, they have another thing coming. What happened last weekend is just a taste of the beating that we have in store for those two. We aren't done, not by a long shot.

Texas Red: Sawyer. Borne. We're daring you to step in there with us again. But this time let's get rid of count outs, let's get rid of disqualifications, and let's make sure this fight goes until we are done fighting. What do you say boys?

The Spoiler: You claim to be the toughest and the meanest. Time to put your money where your mouth is. We'll be in St. Petersburg waiting for a fight. If you two got an ounce of guts, we'll see you there.

Spoiler and Red walk off to cheers and Solie slowly shakes his head.

Gordon Solie: It certainly seems like we have a war brewing and it just might take place in St. Petersburg. That event is next Sunday, November the 14th at the Bayfront Center with a 4pm bell time. Tickets go on sale this Monday morning when the box office opens. We will crown the new Florida Heavyweight Champion on the show, and as we just heard, it appears we will have a war with no rules. You won't want to miss it. You also won't want to miss this show next Saturday as we will have the South Pacific Islanders in tag team action. "Hollywood" John Tatum in singles action, and Ladies and Gentleman listen to this. Joining us right here in competition at the Tampa Sportatorium will be the former two time World Wrestling Federation Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund! What is he doing in Championship Wrestling from Florida? You are going to have tune in next week to find out! Until then, this is Gordon Solie saying So Long from the Sunshine State!

Luscious Lanny, Woman & Man arrive in Florida! Gordy must've been so thrilled!

Glamor Boys vs Highwaymen 2 out 3 falls in St Petersburg? I'm sold!

El Jefe rolls up & the first thing he does is pay 5k just to break somebody's arm! Now THAT'S how you debut a heel faction!

Another week, another banging Solie/Akbar exchange.

The event in St Petersburg is shaping up well. Curious about "The Battle at the Bay"

Spoiler & Texas Red throw the gauntlet down, No dq, no count outs in St Petersburg!

Solie throws out one hell of a hook for next week. What IS Bob Backlund doing in Florida?

What a way to kick things off as Woman, Man and Luscious have arrived in Florida! Oh man I know Gordon must be thrilled LOL. This is going to be to much fun. 

Glamour Boys proved they can fight fire with fire against the Highwaymen. 2 out of 3 falls...YES! 

Another blockbuster surprise as the one and only "El Jefe" is back in good hands. Tremendous segment as Estrada buys out Humperdink and then instructs the Cartel to break Perez's arm. The Cartel is back and Florida better watch out!

The Sabu build has been fantastic. The presence of Akbar and Sheik does so much. Akbar is the best at explanations. Maybe Duggan is clumsier than we thought. 

Tom Zenk comes in with an impressive debut.

Battle at the Bay! Whatever the details are, I know it's going to be epic. 

I'm so excited for more Spoiler/Texas Red- Sawyer/Borne matches. I can't imagine what's next. 

Oh snap! Bob Backlund is coming to Florida! Are we getting All-American wrestler Bob or crazy insane Mr. Backlund??? Next week is a must see.

Keep on rock'n Bleh! 

No better way to start the show than a classic interaction between "Gordy"/Woman/Man/The Luscious One! Gordon has to be pissed to go to a new territory just to have this trio show up right behind him, lol. Great stuff!

Great explanation by 'Steve Squared' aka the Glamour Boys on helping Good & Plenty overcome the Highwaymen's antics to win the titles. Looking forward to this 2 out of 3 falls match!

I love that "El Jefe" called Gordon an "old gringo" within 30 seconds of meeting him. "Ten Grand for these two lovers? SOLD!" was tremendous from Hump! Great job by El Jefe establishing he ain't the one to f*** with. Thrilled to see the Cartel back together!

Hell yeah, Howie Dewitt is here! Sabu gets the win none the less. Loving the exchanges with Akbar/Solie! You've got Akbar's down perfect!

Great tease for Battle by the Bay, can't wait to see who comes out as Florida champion, looking forward to seeing Backlund debut and what version we get.

I really enjoyed this last show.  You seem to have Gordon down pretty well and it brings back some memories for me.

Woman/Man/Luscious are an awesome interview as is El Jefe.  Nice job here!

Looking forward to seeing some babyfaces stand up to all these heels but it is going to be tough.  Great job getting some major heat in Florida in a short period of time.