Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/27 - 10/03 BIG MEATY MEN ARE SLAPPING MEAT

KawadaSmile

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

I want to enjoy this but WWE escape the cage rules just kill it for me. FFS, it's not the 1970s and you need to have a way for Bruno to take a loss without getting pinned anymore. 

It's really interesting how Bruno indirectly ruined so many cage matches (not saying this one, but in general). He first introduced the rule cuz his idea of the gimmick was two people locked in, he beats the shit out of his opponent so bad he leaves the guy lying for dead in the ring, and then he just walks out the door. IIRC, the current escape the cage version happened in his climactic cage matches against Superstar Graham, where Billy got the shit beaten out of him and fell out of the door and retained via fluke. It sure must have seemed like a really creative, excellent way at that time to keep the title on Graham while making sure Bruno looked strong, but for whatever reason a young Vince Jr saw that, absolutely loved it, and has now used that template in basically every cage match forever. When was the last time someone walked out the door after killing their opponent like Bruno originally used to?

10 minutes ago, MoS said:

When was the last time someone walked out the door after killing their opponent like Bruno originally used to?

Kurt Angle vs Mr. Anderson in TNA at Lockdown 2010. Awesome match, brillant performance by Angle (as a pissed off babyface), Anderson is game as fuck (in more ways than one). Angle walks out the door by stepping on Anderson's balls. One of my favorite TNA matches ever.