• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Hook

Everyone knows fishes fear hooks.

I am stealing that joke.

I guess we get Bryan vs Dustin, Kingston, Mox, with a Mox heel turn in the final to set up heel Mox vs new Anxious Millennial Champion, and Bryan feuds with whomever interferes to oost him the tournament win (maybe Kenny again?)

4 minutes ago, strobogo said:

So CM Punk isn't in the title tournament and didn't even have a comment about not being in it so what the fuck is he doing in AEW 

Having fun wrestling 23 year olds to feel young again. His last mid-life crisis had him get beat up in MMA. This is healthier.

24 minutes ago, gordi said:

I guess we get Bryan vs Dustin, Kingston, Mox, with a Mox heel turn in the final to set up heel Mox vs new Anxious Millennial Champion, and Bryan feuds with whomever interferes to oost him the tournament win (maybe Kenny again?)

I'm thinking the same thing. Though making Hangman beat Omega and Danielson back to back would be one hell of a way to establish his championship run...

27 minutes ago, strobogo said:

So CM Punk isn't in the title tournament and didn't even have a comment about not being in it so what the fuck is he doing in AEW 

It's pretty clear that right now his kayfabe reason is the same as the real life reason: to fall in love with wrestling again. He will lose eventually, and as Matt says, he's gonna get beat up badly by someone. Then he's gonna be pissed off, find new motivations and eventually feel he deserves a title shot. It's a character arc that's gonna work way better lasting months than hotshotting it for the sake of it.

Punk has also said on commentary and in interviews that he doesn't think he is ready to challenge for the world title yet and he is working towards that by picking wins and getting better in kayfabe, which is exactly what he is doing. He has made it clear that he doesn't think he can hang with the top guys yet. There are many many wrestlers in AEW that are not in the eliminator tournament, should they all quit? I get not liking happy Punk but this just seems complaining for the sake of complaining. 

Punk feels like someone who is always better when he’s embroiled in blood feuds that don’t necessarily need the title. It’s just waiting for the right guy to come along for that; I could see Punk and a heel Moxley pulling off a great feud, at least in terms of angles and promos.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Punk has also said on commentary and in interviews that he doesn't think he is ready to challenge for the world title yet and he is working towards that by picking wins and getting better in kayfabe, which is exactly what he is doing. He has made it clear that he doesn't think he can hang with the top guys yet. There are many many wrestlers in AEW that are not in the eliminator tournament, should they all quit? I get not liking happy Punk but this just seems complaining for the sake of complaining. 

Tony keeps saying Punk is the biggest wrestling star in the world  and yet he doesn't put Punk in the title shot tournament and Punk is on commentary during this and doesn't even acknowledge it. That's not complaining for the sake of complaining,  that makes Punk look like he's not the big deal they keep telling you he is and makes him look like he doesn't give a shit about being the top guy. How many hundreds of times have you heard some version of "if you're not here to be the champ, why are you here"?