Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

AEW Saturday Night Dynamite - October 16, 2021

Hangman Page to be interviewed. Page-Omega is the greatest ongoing story in wrestling right now, and I am very excited to see how they book its next chapter. 

Mox v Wheeler and Hogan (not that one) v Penelope added.to.the announced card, which I think was:

Dragon vs Fish

Lucha Bros vs A Masked Tag Team of Andrade's acquaintance

Dante v Malakai

Tournament bracket announcement

I LOVE how Dante is selling his leg even as he does his moves. This guy is going to be a massive star. 

LMAO at Jericho insulting Paige VanZant's looks?!?!?! Like, has he seen himself in the mirror in the last I don't know 10 years?!?!

And then to do his 2000 Stephanie promo as a face in 2021 was literally *cocktail's kiss*

WTF is this shit???

Edit: LOL, it's FTR.

Wasn't everyone led to believe we'd be getting Rush and Dragon Lee?

Did Daniel and David break into Seth's house as revenge and steal these awful outfits from him?

Lol what the fuck is this shit. Did something happen to the original matchup. I know Tony Khan usually takes his foot off the pedal when Dynamite is pre-empted, but this is very lazy and makes no sense  

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

WTF is this shit???

Edit: LOL, it's FTR.

Wasn't everyone led to believe we'd be getting Rush and Dragon Lee?

It was always "Andrade's masked tag team" and then when everyone on Twitter went wild suggesting luchadors it became "who will be under the masks" as if not someone who normally wears a mask. 

So they never actually teased anyone but that didn't stop everyone's imaginations from going off. 

At least crowd's up for it? Granted, the match got to have actual heat, so it makes sense they're up for the comeback.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

At least crowd's up for it? Granted, the match got to have actual heat, so it makes sense they're up for the comeback.

I love the Lucha Bros but this made me laugh

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It was always "Andrade's masked tag team" and then when everyone on Twitter went wild suggesting luchadors it became "who will be under the masks" as if not someone who normally wears a mask. 

So they never actually teased anyone but that didn't stop everyone's imaginations from going off. 

Perhaps, but this whole thing feels super weird and off, and the random title change feels even weirder after Lucha Bros just finally won the belts.

Really feels like Rush and Dragon Lee fell through and Tony Khan booked a title change to make up for it.

Just now, C.S. said:

Perhaps, but this whole thing feels super weird and off, and the random title change feels even weirder after Lucha Bros just finally won the belts.

Really feels like Rush and Dragon Lee fell through and Tony Khan booked a title change to make up fror it.

This is presumably what AAA wanted?

But I mean AAA does weird stuff like this that won't move the needle for their core crowd all the time, right?

Rush had major knee surgery and is out until next year so it was never going to be him regardless.

Lucha Bros lost the AAA belts, not the AEW belts.

And given it was revealed that TK was booking the Lucha Bros vs FTR at Full Gear, this makes sense.

Just now, Matt D said:

But I mean AAA does weird stuff like this that won't move the needle for their core crowd all the time, right?

This is also true.

Just now, Infinit said:

Lucha Bros lost the AAA belts, not the AEW belts.

My fault for 1. having the show on mute 2. wondering why the belts looked so strange.:lol:

AAA Titles make much more sense. 

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I assume this is like the Omega-Christian thing where they use the other promotion's title loss ro heat up their own program.

FTR: Defenders of Old School Tag Team Wrestling becoming the champions of AAA is  goddamn hilarious to me. 

Mox is clearly turning heel. Seems like they are turning/getting a lot of heels hot right now, which also points to the Hangman winning at Full Gear.

Tell you what, Dark Order got no reaction coming out but the work in this match has definitely got them very over

11 minutes ago, MoS said:

Speaking of, I really don't like how much heel Adam Cole plays to the crowd

It's a weird spot, the crowd clearly wants to cheer him but he's much better as a heel and storyline wise you kind of had to put him with the Elite to start off.