Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

AEW Dynamite - November 17, 2021

I really wanted to go to this, but I have to be up at the ass-crack of dawn for work and I'd be too wiped out the next day. By the way, for those wondering how the show is being advertised locally, "Virginia's own Adam Page" is the third guy mentioned in the radio ads after Punk and Danielson. I heard one of the ads with my mom, and when they mentioned Chris Jericho, she was like "Jericho? Isn't he old?" She also asked me if I knew about that "wrestling league."

Fightful is reporting the Briscoes are backstage at Dynamite. Says they are just visiting, but I can't imagine they aren't at least listening to what TK has to say. 

Just now, Jmare007 said:

Asshole American Dragon is the best American Dragon

He is so great lol. "OF COURSE VIRGINIA BOOS HARD WORK"

9 minutes ago, MoS said:

Is there a context to this "Virginia is for Lovers" shirt?

That's the state motto for Virginia, since it's a popular place for weddings (I was married there too). 

I like the way Hangman Page carries himself. Good opening and looking forward to Page vs Danielson. Virginia is for lovers is the tourism slogan for Virginia. Basically just a cheap pop, but the state uses it in all of their advertising. 

7 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I kind of love Danielson as basically a tweener, it's like they took his RoH playbook and said "just do this and go wild"

As great as he is as a babyface, he's somehow he's even better as a tweener/heel. 

1 minute ago, Flyin' Brian said:

I like Danielson going through the Dark Order. There’s so many members though it might take until the next PPV to get through them all. 

I have a feeling this title defence will be at their big Long Island taping in early December

Oh man, we need this  version of Danielson vs Silver so bad!! He's the perfect guy for Dragon to make him look incredible and probably beat him to a pulp, causing Hangmayne to lose his shit and give us a war for the title match. Loving this feud already, lol.

Ishii and Rocky coming out with Best Friends is some "did my edible kick in early?" shit. 

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Ishii and Rocky coming out with Best Friends is some "did my edible kick in early?" shit. 

I put it into perspective with a friend that the people that the Best Friends in AEW are a former Big Japan Death Match wrestler, the good half of the Havana Pitbulls, Fire Ant, Chuck Taylor, Wheeler Yuta, and a Space Alien.