KawadaSmile

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Find the egg, get a title shot might have broke the camel's back and be the jump the shark moment for WWE for me.

So embarrassing. 

So, like, you don't remember when a guy actually hatched out of an egg at Survivor Series?

In other words, this is nothing new, and it's been much worse.

5 hours ago, jiraffejustin said:

I don't like Seth Rollins at all, but hopefully that dude who lit him up got the shit beaten out of him somewhere.... though it was impressive that he didn't seem to pull up on his tackle. 

I’m never a fan of handling situations like that. I can’t believe this guy got so much room to operate though. He had a 20-30 yard headwind to take down Rollins and I wouldn’t be surprised if Rollins got hurt.

6 hours ago, C.S. said:

In other words, this is nothing new, and it's been much worse.

I would argue that from top to bottom, WWE has never been worse. There might have been worse moments but overall? This is the worst WWE has ever been. It's just complete & total apathy from a roster that seemingly has been so demoralized they don't care anymore either. Nevermind the writing & booking, it's just awful television.

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I would argue that from top to bottom, WWE has never been worse. There might have been worse moments but overall? This is the worst WWE has ever been. It's just complete & total apathy from a roster that seemingly has been so demoralized they don't care anymore either. Nevermind the writing & booking, it's just awful television.

@Loss on Twitter generated quite a debate when he said he isn't sure whether the worst of present-day WWE isn't as bad as latter-day WCW (this emerged from Meltzer saying that the worst of modern WWE still doesn't touch the worst of latter-day WCW) and it is a very interesting debate to have. One had more illogical booking and less good in-ring stuff, the other has a more crushing sense of statism, the feeling of an unending treadmill, where nothing moves, it's an endless assembly line of content where there are no stakes, nothing matters, no consequences, no reward. Both treated their fans like crap. 

He also raised an interesting question about why McMahon winning the WWF title in 1999 (as a face too) isn't considered as bad as Russo and Arquette winning the WCW title.

17 minutes ago, MoS said:

He also raised an interesting question about why McMahon winning the WWF title in 1999 (as a face too) isn't considered as bad as Russo and Arquette winning the WCW title.

Vince had been the N°1 heel in the company for a good year. He was an integral part of the promotion and a top 5 character still. Not a "worker", of course, but still a key character at this point. Arquette was an actor promoting a shitty movie. There's no comparison whatsoever.

That being said, I've told the story a countless times now, Vince winning the Rumble 1999 is what killed the WWF fan in me (which I had been since 1990). So....

Vince had more overall credibility than Russo or Arquette too. He'd been part of the on-screen product for over 20 years, people fully associated him with the promotion, so it didn't feel as fly-by-night as Russo. Plus Vince had worked matches at that point, which made him feel a bit more legit, and he was built like a tank. Russo and Arquette were just normal sized men, Vince looked more like he belonged, even if he wasn't a wrestler.