Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 24, 2021

MoS

Seeing some hate for it on Twitter and don't get it. I know MJF isn't for everyone and his first lines were his usual shit, but as soon as Punk picked the mic, business went up, and then it remained genuinely great throughout, with great work by both men, not just with the insults but also plenty of reality to butress their work.

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

Seeing some hate for it on Twitter and don't get it. I know MJF isn't for everyone and his first lines were his usual shit, but as soon as Punk picked the mic, business went up, and then it remained genuinely great throughout, with great work by both men, not just with the insults but also plenty of reality to butress their work.

It's Twitter....

MJF's first lines being his usual was the perfect set up for him to get fired up when Punk roasted him. You could see him maybe looking shook for the first time before reloading with the big guns in reply.

Also an underrated part of why this was so much better than every 20 minute opening promo on Raw ever is both guys were talking like actual humans getting increasingly pissed at each other instead of robots awkwardly reciting a script loaded with verbiage you would never hear in real life. 

5 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

It's Twitter....

I am seeing people complain about how it's taking time away from wrestling, like there isn't enough wrestling on Dynamite usually, with pictures of QT waiting. Like, my heart breaks for QT, but he can live with waiting in the back while they talk. In hindsight, I was wrong about complaining about him being booked, him getting cucked for Punk-MJF was perfect. 

Also heard people say that the only ones who would love this are the ones who just giggle at WWE wrestlers being name-dropped on TV, but like, those wrestlers were name-dropped in in the context of insults and their names made sense in that context. If Punk had called MJF a less-known Randy Orton, it wouldn't have made sense cuz some people actually do call MJF a Miz-lite for his insults, which was the point. 

2 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

I hope Punk going that long against QT is actually part of the MJF angle because that didn't need to go past the commercial break unless they are trying to make a point out of Punk struggling with "low tier" guys.

They kept mentioning on commentary that he was having an off night, so yeah, probably something to do with how some of MJF's comments had affected Punk