Pro Wrestling Only

National Wrestling Alliance

Autistic Dragon

NWA bay bay.... Tully continues to be the best world's champion there never was. I like seeing the Road Warrior singles matches... it shows they could go even without the other. I also really enjoy the old school wrecking crew taking down the youngsters with the help of JJ. Keeps the heat and gives them a reason to come back.  I will defnitely put over your organization of your talent and the cards. It takes a lot of work to put together this kind of product and you're doing a great job!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NWA continues to deliver some well balanced house shows. 

I cracked up at the visual of Manny chasing Slick with Parsons following. 

Jayhawks and Trinity could be one wild feud.

I enjoyed the tag matches. The teams are so evenly matched, things can go either way.

I think Adonis could be back up in the main event scene soon. 

Smart booking with Rhodes ending the night.

Nice touch with Fleming scouting out his next opponent. Shows how much of a pro he is. 

Outlaws get the win tonight. Can't wait until they face both Road Warriors. 

Tully keeps his grip on the title, with help from JJ of course. 

WWE Network Roundup (Nov. 22-28): Survivor Series, NWA World Championship  Wrestling - Cageside Seats

From the Georgia Mountain Center in Gainesville, GA.

On Commentary:Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone

Ring Announcer: David Crockett

Previously recorded/Airing on 5/7/87 on the USA Network.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis vs EL Santo Negro

While the masked man from Mexico dazzled with his airiel offense, the veteran Adonis was able to weather the storm. Eventually a missed dive gave way to "Goodnight Irene" which promptly put the luchador to sleep.

"Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray vs "Shooting Star" Keiichi Yamada

The commentary team speculate that Yamada is looking to rebound from his near-miss against TV champ Mark Fleming last week. Del Ray clearly bristles at the idea of being anyone's rebound & uses the match to show off his own impressive arsenal. After a competitive match Yamada is able to score his jaw dropping "Shooting Star Press" for the 1-2-3.

Non title

Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr) w Slick vs The War Party (Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles)

It's announced during the match that the Brutha's will defend the NWA United States Tag Team Titles against the Renegade Warriors at the "Memorial Day Spectacular" & that this will be the Youngblood's last chance to reclaim the gold. While the War Party get some decent control spots, this is clearly the champs show. The "Flying Willie" puts down Two Eagles. Lightfoot seem particularly frustrated after the match.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee vs "Dandy" Don Bass

Duke Myers is in his Tough Guy Inc partner's corner & interjects whenever he sees the opportunity. Between the man on the floor as well as Bass' own bruising style, McGee certainly has a rough go of it. He digs deep & with the fans support he overcomes the odds. In a exciting image, he dives off the top rope to the floor with a crossbody that takes out both men before rolling Bass back inside for the slingshot legdrop for the hard-earned victory.

NWA Television Title

"The Natural" Mark Fleming(c) vs "The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi

Afi's energetic, hard-hitting offense gives gave the champion fits during the opening moments of the contest to the point that Fleming takes a powder to the floor to regroup. Upon re-entry, the champ doubles down on counter-wrestling which produces excellent results. Though Afi is still able to connect with bursts of offense, Fleming is repeatedly able to shut it down culminating in the rear naked choke for another successful defense. The commentary team asks the question, who can dethrone The Natural?

Main Event

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) vs The Minnesota Wrecking Crew (Arn &Ole Anderson) w/JJ Dillon

Big fight feel as the Warriors look to build momentum for their title match at "Memorial Day Spectacular" while the Andersons are looking to earn a shot to regain the NWA World Tag Team Titles. The result is a classic tv tag team main event, with the advantage swinging back and forth several times. Towards the end, it seems the Youngblood's are closing in on victory when Tully Blanchard runs down to break up Mark's pin attempt on Arn. A 3-2 beatdown ensues culminating in Chris getting nailed in the head with the World Title. The Andersons hold Mark so Tully can knock him out too but as the champ is rearing back, the crowd erupts as RIC FLAIR SPRINTS TO THE RING WITH A BASEBALL BAT! Flair slides into the ring, Arn goes to intercept him but Flair uses the bat to clothesline him down! Ole goes for a clothesline of his own but Flair ducks under it, then when Ole spins around, Flair cracks him in the ribs with the bat! Another shot to the back! Flair eyes Blanchard as the crowd is going insane! Flair winds up.... but Dillon pulls Blanchard to the floor. As the Horsemen retreat Flair grabs the mic.

"Blanchard.... Blanchard look at me when I'm talking to you punk! You say I don't pull my weight? You think I've gotten "sloppy"? Well guess what pal, you're gonna find out just how sloppy I am in this ring. You see, I heard you boys say that if I cashed in the title shot I won at Christmas Chaos on Tully, it'd be "the last mistake I ever made in a wrestling ring".... well if I'm going out, I'm going out on my terms! Tully Blanchard....cherish every moment you have with the ten pounds of gold because on May the 30th it's all over.... shine it up real nice because at Memorial Day Spectacular.... live from Birmingham Alabama...you my friend have got a date with the Naitcha Boy! WHHHHOOOOO!"

The SmarK Rant for NWA Worldwide Wrestling–01.30.88 – Scotts Blog of Doom!

Taped at the Georgia Mountain Center before World Championship Wrestling.

Originally airing on 5/8/87

With your host "The Dean of professional wrestling" Gordon Solie!

"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers defeats Rocky King by reversing a DDT into a brainbuster.

"Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase defeats "Tough" Tony Falk with the "Scorpion Death Lock"

Good & Plenty (Ray Candy & Sweet Brown Sugar) defeat Dusty Wolfe & Mitch Snow with the "Tootsie roll" on Wolfe.

Main Event. Winner challenges for the TV title on next week's WCW.

Tracy Smothers defeats "Outlaw" Joel Deaton with the "Tennessee Jawbreaker"

Exciting show this week! 

Since his feud with the Macho Man, Adonis has been racking up the wins. 

Gigolo gives Yamada a solid match, but Yamada hits the shooting star and it's all over.

Brutha's in Arms look tuned up and ready for the Renegade Warriors. I'm keeping an eye on Lightfoot.

Mega Man overcomes the odds to take down Dandy Don.

Afi brought his A game but once the champ got rolling it was all over. I agree with the commentators, who can dethrone the Natural? 

Action packed main event that ends in typical Horsemen fashion. Hold on! Ric Flair cleans house and cashes in at the Spectacular. Tully vs. Flair is going to be money! 

Worldwide,

I loved that finish by Sommers.

Hase keeps looking strong on TV.

Always fun watching Good & Plenty in action.

Smothers beats the Outlaw and earns a TV title shot. I'm sure Smothers will be studying Fleming tapes all week. 

pxLV65Y.png?1

NWA Live at the "Old" Charlotte Coliseum in Charlotte NC 5/9/97

(The selling point for this event was a one night tournament where the winners will challenge The Road Warriors for the NWA World Tag Team Titles at "Memorial Day Spectacular")

Quarterfinal matches

The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong) defeat Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers) when Armstrong pinned Bass with a Missile dropkick.

British Justice (Adrain Street & Giant Haystacks) w/Ms Linda defeat Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & Lou Winston) when Bryant tapped out to Street's crossface chickenwing.

The S&S Express (Joe Savoldi & Shaun Simpson) vs Radiance (Doug Somers & Jimmy Del Ray) ends in a double c.o. Both teams are eliminated.

The Outlaws (Ron Bass & Black Bart) defeat Good & Plenty (Ray Candy & Sweet Brown Sugar ) when Joel Deaton distracted the ref allowing Bass to hit Candy with Ms Betsy.

Non tournament match

"Wild" Bill Irwin defeats Angel of Death after ducking under a second rope clothesline before hitting the bycicle kick.

Semifinal match

The Southern Boys defeat British Justice by DQ when Ms Linda was caught hitting Smothers with her purse. After the result was announced, Haystacks went berserk & layed out both Southern Boys as a delighted Street cheered him on.

Non tournament match

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeats Iceman Parsons w/Slick with the "Bionic Elbow". Slick tried to attack Dusty with his cane but received an elbow of his own for the trouble.

Tournament final

The Outlaws defeat The Southern Boys.

For a moment it seemed The Outlaws would actually win by forfiet but the Southern Boys eventually made their way to the ring. Battered & bruised, they insisted they wouldn't let this opportunity slip through their fingers. Alas despite a gutsy effort between the earlier assault & the comparitively fresh Outlaws they didn't really stand much of a chance. Bass snuffs out a desperate last minute rally by Smothers with the "Skull Vice". The Outlaws are heading to Birmingham.

pxLV65Y.png?1

NWA Live at the Memorial Auditorium in Greenville SC 5/11/87

Brickhouse Brown defeats a local talent with a swinging neckbreacker.

"Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase defeats Barry O with the "Scorpion Death Lock"

Chris Youngblood vs "Black Bullet" Shaska Whatley w/Slick ends in a 15 minute time limit draw.

"Outlaw" Joel Deaton defeats "The Candyman" Ray Candy with a rake to the eye followed by a bulldog.

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis defeats Tom "MegaMan" McGee with two handfuls of tights.

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden) defeat The War Party (Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles) with a Spike Piledriver on Two Eagles. After the match Lightfoot helped Two Eagles to his feet but was seen giving him a sour look as they left.

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeats Big Daddy Ritter w/Slick with the Figure Four leglock.

Can't go wrong with a tournament.

Southern Boys, British Justice and The Outlaws advance.

S&S vs. Radiance has been a fun underrated feud.

Southern Boys advance to the finals but pay a huge price at the hands of Haystacks. Meanwhile, the Outlaws ease their way in. 

Defiantly a lot of charisma in the Rhodes vs. Iceman match.

Props to the Southern Boys for showing up. Can't say they're not tough. Outlaws get another crack at the Road Warriors on Memorial Day. Can't wait! 

Greenville,

Fans get to cheer early with wins by Brickhouse and Hase.

Youngblood and Whatley go at it in singles action. 

The Outlaw eye rakes and bulldogs his way to victory over the Candyman. 

I'm telling you, Adonis is set for a major move soon. The man keeps chalking up wins. 

Slow burning build going on with Lightfoot. 

Flair beating Ritter defiantly gets him ready for Tully. 

Really enjoy all of your house show loops.  You do a great job of explaining the pecking order of the NWA by where you put them on the card and the outcomes of each month.  

Man... really loving the Ric Flair vs Horsemen thing!  Flair swinging the baseball bat was cool.  I never saw MACW wrestling when I was a kid but Ric Flair as a crowd favorite seems like it would have worked just as much as his heel time!  He was truly awesome.  Great job with the promos by Flair.  I could see him saying every word.

WWE Network Roundup (Nov. 22-28): Survivor Series, NWA World Championship  Wrestling - Cageside Seats

From the Township Auditorium in Colombia SC

On Commentary:Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone

Ring Announcer:David Crockett

Previously recorded Airing on 5/14/87 on the USA Network.

Spartanburg Vice (Jerry Bryant & Lou Winston) vs Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers)

While the Tough Guys brawling gave the cult favorites a hard time, it seemed that the faster pace & superior teamwork of the Vice would prove to much for them to handle. However Myers took advantage of a pier-sixer to load something into his elbow pad. One hard shot to Bryant later, he & Bass were celebrating their tainted win.

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs Angel of Death

Commentary position this as a chance for Afi to rebound after last week's unsuccessful challenge for the TV title, as well as for AoD to send a message ahead of the Celestial Trinity's own title shot at the Memorial Day Spectacular. It becomes clear that sending a message is precisely what the Trinity have in mind as Zodiac & Jason the Terrible storm the ring. A 3-2 assault is thankfully broken up by The Posse who send their challengers scurrying back up the aisleway.

Radiance (Doug Somers & Jimmy Del Ray) vs Good & Plenty (Ray Candy & Sweet Brown Sugar)

Good & Plenty have the crowd -particularly the young children- dancing along during their entrance. Meanwhile Somers & Del Ray's preening arrogance definitely rile up the southern crowd. Radiance use their cunning to isolate SBS & finish him with the double flapjack.

Tony Schiavone: Ladies and gentlemen my guest at this time is preparing for what may prove to be his toughest title defense yet, please give a warm welcome to the NWA United States Champion, the Macho Man Randy Savage as well as the lovely Ms Elizabeth!

(The fans pop huge as "Pomp & Circumstance" comes over the pa system. Elizabeth's cocktail dress contrasts sharply with Savage who appears to be in his workout clothes. Likewise while she smiles for the crowd, Savage -though still slapping hands with some lucky fans- seems to be scanning the arena for signs of trouble. Savage holds the ropes open for Elizabeth before entering and, after a bit of posing with a belt, joins Schiavone)

TS: Well champ, we're just over two weeks away from the "Memorial Day Spectacular" where you will defend the US championship against easily one of the most dangerous men in our sport Stan "The Lariat" Hansen. Now the seeds of this match go all the way back to "St Valentine's Day Massacre", I'm sure the world wants to know what's going through your mind as we draw nearer to the big event.

RS: You know Tony Schiavone, you hit the nail right on the head. Stan Hansen is certainly one of the most dangerous men in this sport... which is why the Macho Man had him at the top of the list of my dream opponents for yeMMars! You see that's the ironic part of it all, if Hansen wanted a title shot so bad all he had to do was say the word & the Macho Man would've leapt at the chance to settle once & for all, who the baddest man in professional wrestling today truly is. But that wasn't enough for Mr Hansen was it? Oh no first he has to jump me like some two but hood in an alley after I already had a match, but then he makes the biggest mistake, not just of his career but his entire LIFE WHEN HE PUTS HIS HANDS ON MS ELIZABETH! And that is a line that once you cross it, there is no coming back from! So at "Memorial Day Spectacular" it's not about winning the match.... it's not even about retaining this title.... it's about me beating you within an inch of your life....IN A SOUTHERN STREET FIGHT! (Savage & Elizabeth depart while the crowd goes wild at the announcement)

NWA World Television Title

"The Natural" Mark Fleming(c) vs Tracy Smothers

Interestingly, Smothers uses this match as a sort of coming out party, showing off just how developed his technical game actually is. No one is more surprised by this at first then Fleming himself. The champion eventually overcomes his shock & we get a heated back and forth match. Smothers eventually tried to grab victory with the "Tennessee Jawbreaker" only to have Fleming duck under it perform a lightning quick crucifix pin for the 1...2...3.

Arn Anderson w/JJ Dillon vs "Nature Boy" Ric Flair 

A tense, snug affair filled with the type of counter-wrestling anticipation of offense you'd expect from two men who spent so long in each other's company. Commentary speculate that Anderson has been sent by Blanchard to soften Flair up in addition to getting what would be unquestionably be his biggest singles win in the NWA to date. Towards the end, a distraction by Dillon leads to Arn getting Flair up for the Gordbuster only to have Flair counter into an inside cradle for the sudden victory! Blanchard & Ole charge the ring seeking vengeance but Flair wisely retreats, standing on the floor with a chair, daring them to come after him.

Taped at the Township Auditorium before World Championship Wrestling.

Originally airing 5/15/87

British Justice (Adrain Street & Giant Haystacks) w/ Ms Linda defeat The Interns (1 &2) when Intern #1 tapped to Street's crossface chickenwing.

Tom "MegaMan" McGee defeats "Tough" Tony Falk with a slingshot legdrop.

"Tennessee Stud" Robert Fuller defeats The Gladiator with the "Fuller Lock"

"Lone Star" Brian Adidas defeats Shaun Simpson with the "Oriental Spike" to challenge for the TV title next week. The two fan favorites shake hands after the match.

In other news....

Gordon Solie recaps the tag team tournament held Charlotte, informing the audience that the Outlaws will challenge the Road Warriors for the World Tag Team Titles. The Outlaws cut a promo calling themselves the "roughest, toughest tag team In wrestling" saying it's time for the NWA to be represented by some "real athletes & not a couple of Mad Max fanboys"

Duke always puts his pad to good use. I have a feeling Spartanburg Vice is coming back for more.

Trinity sends a strong message but the Posse send a stronger one. 

Good & Plenty get the fans grooving, but Radiance spoils all the fun.

Savage vs. Hansen in a street fight...OH YEA!!!!! 

Smothers shines but Fleming stays one step ahead to retain his TV title. 

Flair wins round 1 against the Horsemen. Tully's got to be a bit nervous right now. 

Worldwide,

British Justice is clicking.

MegaMan continues to excite the fans.

Fuller shows how painful the Fullerlock can be.

Adias earns a TV title shot. Adias better bring his A game against Fleming. 

Outlaws do a great job of getting heat by bad mouthing the Road Warriors. I can't wait for that fight. 

NWA is rocking its way to the Spectacular! 

pxLV65Y.png?1

NWA Live at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro NC 5/16/87

Giant Haystacks w/Ms Linda defeats 3 local talents by stacking them on top of each other and hitting a elbowdrop.

"Dirty" Dutch Mantel defeats Angel of Death with the "Tennessee Chainsaw"

The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac & Jason the Terrible) defeat The War Party (Joe Lightfoot & Billy Two Eagles) when Two Eagles accidentally hit Lightfoot with a clothesline allowing Zodiac to score a kneedrop from the top rope for the win.

Radiance (Doug Somers & Jimmy Del Ray) vs The S&S Express (Joe Savoldi & Shaun Simpson) ended in a 20 minute time limit draw.

"Exotic" Adrain Street w/Ms Linda defeats Brickhouse Brown when Ms Linda whacks Brown with her purse.

"Raging Bull" Manny Fernandez defeats Jimmy Golden with the "Flying Burrito".

NWA United States Title

"Macho Man" Randy Savage(c) w/Ms Elizabeth defeats "Adorable" Adrian Adonis by DQ when Stan Hansen emerged through the crowd to attack Savage, triggering a brawl that had to be broken up by security.

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Tully Blanchard(c) w/JJ Dillon defeats "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes after Dillon passed him a roll of coins. Blanchard went to attack Rhodes with a chair after the match but was run off by Ric Flair carrying a chair of his own.

pxLV65Y.png?1

NWA Live at the Asheville Civic Center in Asheville NC 5/17/87

El Santo Negro defeats Scorpion with a top rope sunsetflip. 

Joel "Dead Eye" Deaton defeats Rocky King with a bulldog.

"Lone Star" Brian Adidas defeats "Iron Fist" Duke Myers with the "Oriental Spike". Mark Fleming was seen observing from the aisle.

"Chief" Wahoo McDaniels defeats "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers with a Tomahawk chop.

non title

NWA World Television champion "The Natural" Mark Fleming defeats "Young Pistol" Steve Armstrong with the Rear Naked Choke. Brian Adidas was seen observing from the aisle.

NWA World Tag Team Titles

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)(c) w/ "Precious" Paul Ellering defeat British Justice (Adrain Street & Giant Haystacks) w/Ms Linda when they hit Street with the "Doomsday Device"

pxLV65Y.png?1

NWA Live at the Cumberland County Memorial Auditorium in Fayetteville NC 5/18/87

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi defeats a local talent with a jumping headbutt.

Zodiac defeats The Gladiator with a top rope kneedrop.

"Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase defeats "Dandy" Don Bass with the "Scorpion Death Lock"

Barry O defeats Dirty Rhodes with his feet on the ropes.

Big Daddy Ritter w/Slick defeats Tracy Smothers when Slick cracked Smothers with his cane allowing Ritter to hit the Powerslam.

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles

The Posse (Bill Irwin, Bobby Jaggers & Dutch Mantel)(c) defeat Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley, Tiger Conway Jr & Iceman Parsons) w/Slick when Irwin pinned Conway with a bycicle kick.

I dunno... the super rookie thing has be rethinking why I got rid of Hase. You've done some wonders.  The Posse is a fun little group and I got to meet Bill Irwin about 10 years ago... awesome dude so I have a soft spot for good booking for the goon. I was also hoping to see Haystacks up for the Doomsday but maybe another time.  Randy Savage... US Champion... will he end 87 with that title or the next step up? I know what I am pulling for!

Haystacks squashing 3 guys is always a spectacle to see.

I'll say it again, Radiance and S&S are putting on some classic tag matches.

The Savage/Hansen heat is boiling. Their match at the Spectacular is a must see! 

Tully vs. Dusty will always draw. Flair hitting the ring is a bonus. Props to you for putting a different spin on the Horsemen era. 

Nice touch having Fleming and Adias scouting each other. The NWA TV title has been one of my favorite storylines. 

LOL, Yea I can only imagine the Road Warriors putting Haystacks down with the Doomsday Device. This one was all Street. 

Hase is really finding his groove here.

Love the Slick cane/Ritter powerslam combo. 

Slick's men aren't as lucky in the 6 man tag. Posse retain! 

From the Dorton Arena in Raleigh NC.

On Commentary: Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone

Ring Announcer: David Crockett

Previously recorded/Airing on 5/21/87 on the USA Network.

The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood) vs Tough Guy Inc (Don Bass & Duke Myers)

Tonight's show is dedicated to showcasing talent with big matches at the "Memorial Day Spectacular". The Youngbloods are fired up & eager to make a statement. The Tough Guys clearly have no interest in being anyone's stepping stones resulting in a rather competition opener. Eventually Mark wows the crowd by coming off the top with a sunsetflip onto Myers to bring home the win.

Stan "The Lariat" Hansen vs Billy Two Eagles

God bless Two Eagles, he tried to entertain the crowd by doing a war dance at the start but Hansen just didn't have time for it. What follows is a good ol'fashioned Texas ass-whooping. Hansen came out the curtain pissed & the chants of "Macho" don't help. We get a somewhat disturbing ending as Hansen hits the Lariat only to pull Two Eagles back to his feet for another... & another....& another. Eventually Randy Anderson calls for the bell just to keep Two Eagles' head on his shoulders.

The Posse (Bill Irwin, Bobby Jaggers & Dutch Mantel) vs "Tough" Tony Falk, Mitch Snow & Dust Wolfe.

While the three heels use their arsenal of dirty tricks to gain the occasional advantage, it's clear the Six Man Champs aren't in any real danger & Mantel drills Snow with the "Tennessee Chainsaw" to secure the victory.

The Outlaws (Ron Bass & Black Bart) vs Good & Plenty (Ray Candy & Sweet Brown Sugar)

The crowd was solidly behind Good & Plenty and the popular duo used that to fuel an energetic performance. Between the hard hits from the Candyman & SBS's lightning quick offense, The villainous cowboys were on the backfoot for a surprising portion of the match. But the Texans refuse to be made fools of so close to their date with destiny & used their size, power & mean streak to turn the tide. After a spirited effort, SBS found himself getting crushed by the "Texas Trash Compactor".

"The Natural" Mark Fleming vs "Lone Star" Brian Adidas

This is Adidas' biggest opportunity in the NWA to date & he acts like it, bringing all the technical skills he learned under the tutelage of the legend Fritz Von Erich to bare against the champion. Fleming almost seemed to be enjoying himself as he & his challenger exchanged holds in an attempt to wear the other down. However a close pin attempt following a Russian legsweep sees the champ kick it into high gear. He weakens Adidas with a series of nerve holds before finishing him with the Rear Naked Choke.

Main Event

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs Ole Anderson w/JJ Dillon

If last week's match with Arn was tense then tonight's match is straight up nasty. Flair may be the "dirtiest player in the game" but Ole prides himself on being one of the meanest S.O.B's in the business. The result is a match that lacks the previous scientific exchanges but with an added vitriol that can be seen in every punch or chop. Eventuality, Flair manages to trap Anderson in the Figure Four. Ole tried desperately to get to the ropes but was dragged out into the center of the ring. Just as it seems Ole is about to tap, Arn & Tully rush the ring and begin stomping on Flair. Theodore Long calls for the DQ as Arn mounts Flair while Dillon checks on Ole. Suddenly, the crowd erupts into cheers as Dusty Rhodes & Manny Fernandez charge down the aisle. Blanchard alerts Arn to the coming reinforcements & they meet the duo as they slide into the ring. Eventually both Ole & Flair collect themselves & join in on what is rapidly becoming a pier-six brawl. The show ends with security trying to separate the two sides as the crowd egg them on.

Taped at the Dorton Arena before World Championship Wrestling.

Originally airing on 5/22/87

Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr) w/Slick defeat The Interns (1&2) with a double Russian legsweep on Intern #2.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage w/Ms Elizabeth defeats Executioner with the "Savage Elbow"

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) w/ "Precious" Paul Ellering defeat The Rock n Roll Phantoms (1&2) with the "Doomsday Device" on Phantom #1.

Main Event 15 man battle royal. Winner challenges for the NWA World Television Title at the "Memorial Day Spectacular".

Participants: Hiroshi Hase, Joel Deaton, Doug Somers, Jimmy Del Ray, Keiichi Yamada, Tom McGee, Barry O, Siva Afi, Joe Savoldi, Shaun Simpson, Joe Lightfoot, Adrian Adonis, El Santo Negro, George South & Brodie Chase.

Order of elimination.

Brodie Chase by Adrian Adonis

Doug Somers by the S&S Express

S&S Express by Giant Haystacks

George South by Adrian Adonis

Adrian Adonis by Tom McGee

Joe Lightfoot by Giant Haystacks

El Santo Negro by Jimmy Del Ray

Jimmy Del Ray by Tom McGee

Barry O by Tom McGee

Hiroshi Hase by Giant Haystacks

Siva Afi by Giant Haystacks

Keiichi Yamada by Giant Haystacks

Giant Haystacks by Tom McGee

Winner: Tom "MegaMan" McGee

In other news....

Gordon Solie informs the audience that neither WCW or Worldwide will air next week so the NWA can fully prepare for the "Memorial Day Spectacular"

Tully Blanchard gives an interview where he swears to "expose Flair for the overrated Nancy boy we in the Horsemen always knew he was" says after next Monday they'll be no question who the "weak link" in the Horsemen was & vows to run Flair clear out of the company!

FINAL CARD FOR THE "MEMORIAL DAY SPECTACULAR"!

NWA World Heavyweight Title

Tully Blanchard(c) w/JJ Dillon vs Nature Boy Ric Flair

NWA United States Title

"Macho Man" Randy Savage(c) w/Ms Elizabeth vs Stan "The Lariat" Hansen

NWA World Tag Team Titles

The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal)(c) w/ "Precious" Paul Ellering vs The Outlaws (Ron Bass & Black Bart)

NWA United States Tag Team Titles

Brutha's in Arms (Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr)(c) w)Slick vs The Renegade Warriors (Chris & Mark Youngblood)

"The Natural" Mark Fleming(c) vs Tom"MegaMan" McGee

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Titles

The Posse (Bill Irwin, Bobby Jaggers & Dutch Mantel)(c) vs The Celestial Trinity (Zodiac, Jason the Terrible & Angel of Death)

From the Boutwell Auditorium in Birmingham Alabama.

Airing Live on the USA Network.

Awesome tv shows this week.  I really liked that Billy Two Eagles tried the War Dance and Hansen was having none of it.

Three great tv matches this week on WCW with The Outlaws vs Good n Plenty, Fleming vs Adias and Flair vs Ole.  I wish I had shows like this when I was a kid but I wonder if the house shows would have struggled.  Not sure but being so far away from Southern Promotions here in NYC, I would have loved great tv.

The Holiday Card looks great.  Tully vs Flair.... can't wait to see which way you go.

Renegade Warriors are defiantly tuned up and ready for their upcoming US tag title shot.

Nothing like a Stan Hansen squash match. Jeez! Savage better be ready.

Posse are in sync and ready for the Trinity.

Outlaws put down fan favorites Good & Plenty. Will they do the same to the Road Warriors?

Adias brought his A game but the resilient Fleming once again retains.

Wild brawl ends the show as things heat up between Flair and Tully. Their match is going to be off the charts! 

Worldwide

The Brutha's send a message to the Renegade Warriors.

Savage gears up for Hansen. There's a fight coming on Memorial Day.

Another fight coming is the Road Warriors and Outlaws.

Fun battle royal to cap the show. Haystacks and Mega Man are the stars and it comes down to them. Mega Man pulls off a mega win and earns himself a TV title shot. Fleming vs. McGee is going to be a solid contrast of styles match up. 

Bring on the Spectacular! 

pxLV65Y.png?1

NWA Live at the Civic Center in Roanoke VA 5/24/87

Rocky King defeats Thunderfoot (Joel Deaton in a mask) with a DDT.

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi defeats Barry O with a jumping headbutt.

"Hangman" Bobby Jaggers defeats "Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray with a running elbowdrop.

"Wild" Bill Irwin & Zodiac fought to a double c.o.

Brutha's in Arms (Iceman Parsons & Big Daddy Ritter) w/Slick defeat The S&S Express (Joe Savoldi & Shaun Simpson) when Del Ray distracted the ref allowing Slick to pass Parsons his cane which he used on Savoldi. After the match Slick was seen passing Del Ray a rather stuffed envelope.

Joel "Dead Eye" Deaton defeats "Super Rookie" Hiroshi Hase with a handful of tights.

NWA United States Tag Team Titles

Brutha's in Arms Shaska Whatley & Tiger Conway Jr)(c) w/Slick defeat The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers & Steve Armstrong) when Slick sprayed binaca in Armstrong's face allowing Conway to roll him up.

NWA United States Title

"Macho Man" Randy Savage(c) w/Ms Elizabeth defeats "Exotic" Adrain Street w/Ms Linda. 

Towards the end, a catfight breaks out between Elizabeth & Linda after the former pulled Linda off the apron. As the ref was directing security to pull the two valets apart, Street grabbed the U.S title off the timekeepers table & went to strike Savage with it. Savage caught him coming in with an atomic drop before picking up the fallen belt and, with great encouragement from the fans, k.o-ing Street with it. He throws the belt out of the ring as the ref turns around & makes the pin for the 1..2..3.