Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/29 - 12/05 PALMEIRAS REPEATS AND IS NOW A THREE TIME LIBERTADORES DA AMERICA CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Alucard said:

She did commentate the 2nd MYC, with Cole & Renee.

Whoops. I guess its not a point in her favor that I mistook her for Lita. In all honesty, I didn't watch all of either tournaments and I was always a sporadic NXT viewer so I can't say I watched every match Beth ever commentated on. That being said, from what I did watch, I didn't find her to be particularly great at it. And while I'm playing this dangerous game of criticizing someone, I'll come out and say that, even when she was an active performer, I found her strong suit to be as a somewhat silent straight man who could be juxtaposed against quirkier characters like Santino or "superfan" Rosa Mendes. If the WWE wanted Phoenix in a weekly role on NXT, having Regal hire her as the commissioner of the women's division might've worked out for that very reason as, looking back, interactions with super positive babyface Bayley, Boss-era Banks, and later Asuka and Baszler and Nia Jax could've been kinda cool. 

Sami package (ahem) opening SmackDown makes me hope Canada has its shit together and has designated Sami as a National Treasure and given him a Canadian knighthood.

"Wearing the same clothes I left home in" Brock is scarier than wrestling attire Brock.

Cutting off Brock's promo is probably a good thing because his voice doesn't match his body...

8 hours ago, Strummer said:

So I would assume Drew/Roman has to be the plan for Mania. Honestly that seems like a bit of a letdown after all the times they worked each other in 2019 in various forms. I know the roles are reversed but still screams same old, same old

When I saw Brock/Roman for the 1/1 show that actually didn't even occur to me but I suppose its possible.  My gut was that this somehow ends up with Brock/Roman at Mania, but seeing as how Roman/Drew with a sword feels like a forgettable B show PPV, it makes all the sense in the world that they'd go there for Mania at this point.  Fingers crossed.

If Drew/Reigns is where this is heading, I just feel bad for both guys. I was a Drew hater 2 years ago but then I warmed up to him once his title reign started and it seemed like they were going to book him as a dominant babyface champion...until he lost the title to Orton for no apparent reason, then lost to Reigns, and then lost to Lashley at least two times (?). By that point, the notion that he was the babyface mirror to Reigns' dominant heel act was completely gone. Him being the guy to end Reigns'..err..reign will feel as empty as his Rumble win did to me.

At the same time, him losing to Reigns will be the same kind of deflating loss that he suffered at last year's Mania and which he never really recovered from. 

Is it a known thing that Vince was courting/hoping for The Rock to work Mania and still thinks its possible or has that just been fan conjecture? I'm curious to know if at one point Vince thought it was a sure thing but is now coming to the realization that The Rock has literally nothing left to gain from doing any sort of business with the WWE? Like, the Survivor Series was basically thrown like a birthday for him that he couldn't be bothered to even tweet about, let alone do a pre-tape or appear live at. If Vince still hoping to pull that rabbit out of the hat? If so, what a bad position to be in after having now exhausted Brock/Reigns (this will be what? their 6th PPV match now?) and Cena/Reigns at SummerSlam