Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 15, 2021 - Winter is Coming

MoS

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Love the callback to the Omega table spot at Full Gear, and how it backfired on Page this tkme. Love Bryan getting genuine boos.  This is awesome

Oh wait this was all during a commercial too? Haha yeah, TK should try to have no commercials for world title matches at least.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Man, this really is playing to a draw, which doesn’t help either guy in a booking sense. 

I think it’s fine. Danielson has been on a tear and is viewed by (I’d wager) most of the AEW fan base as the best wrestler going and maybe the best of all time. For Page, he hung with the best ever for an hour. For Danielson, he still hasn’t been beaten. No one loses face. 

On top of that, the match is an instant classic. That creates a ton of goodwill. 

4 minutes ago, Log said:

Wow. It’s insane how they not only didn’t lose the crowd, they got them hotter as it went. 

That's why I think the perfect ending was Hangman winning at 59:59, the pop that would've gotten would've been insane. But yeah, the fact they made the crowd believe to the last second there could be a winner in a setting were a draw was more predictable the longer it went shows how great the work they did was.

Sorry. I hate the draw. You gotta give Page a win in that situation. You beat Omega, Danielson draws Omega, but you can’t beat Danielson in 60?

Danielson had nearly submitted Omega when their bell rang. Omega was the one who got saved by the bell there. Meanwhile, it was Bryan who escaped by the skin of his teeth here, against the man who actually managed to beat Omega. I think the hierarchy has been subtly but clearly established. I think it's perfectly fine, and the rematch should be even better.

If the draw had made Hangman look weaker than he was coming into the match, I would have had an issue with it. But I think he came out of it stronger than he went in. So if they feel there is more juice in Hanger-Danielson than just one match, I am perfectly fine with it

2 minutes ago, Log said:

That looked like a pretty big dude Black was putting the necklace on. He said it makes him “more than a king”. Brodie King?

Not sure, but am I the only one who thought that segment was the shits?

It was worse than Black's WWE vignettes, which were also very, very bad.

Black doesn't resonate with me on any level - as a character or in the ring.

Yeah, yeah, he's a very impressive big guy. So are many others.

I’ll buy that as a reason for the draw, I guess. I just wish there was a more definitive win for Page.

I am thinking they might do something like the Joe-Punk trilogy, where people expect the eventual win to be in like 90 mins, but it's actually the shortest and sweetest. It would tell a clear story of a young champion becoming better the longer he reigns.