Pro Wrestling Only

I did a podcast on this and easily had Bull Nakano number one. Being the complete ace and having many classics, but also telling the story in her work of slowing down after each and every big title defense. It's a thing of beauty.

I lean Jumbo. The Pillars were already very good but still coming into their own. Jumbo really helped make Misawa in those matches and was always a killer in tags.

Jumbo was the one who elevated literally everyone around him. Far and away the best wrestler in the world this year. I think you could argue it's one of the best singular years ever by a talent. Every match he was featured in he was excellent. 

Definitely Jumbo but there's some very good competitive picks for this year. Feel like Satanico and Dandy both deserve a shout from Mexico. Even outside of their feud with each other which is the crux of their case, they both do a whole lot of really strong stuff in EMLL throughout the year. Dandy probably gets the nudge for those great title matches with Azteca but Satanico is a joy in trios and tags all year long.

I think Jumbo holds down All Japan in one of its most important years and he was the one that really helped bring all the Pillars up to his own level. Misawa and the rest all improved rapidly to meet the challenge but I don't know if they put everything together quite as well without Jumbo being an anchor throughout the year.