Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 1st TBS episode - January 5, 2022

MoS

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Loss said:

Brian Pillman Jr. always comes across as such an idiot on TV. I see zero potential in him, even if his life story is compelling.

He also posted a pic of himself wearing a "Cancel Cancel Culture" jacket backstage so he seems to be an idiot IRL too. 

20 hours ago, Loss said:

Brian Pillman Jr. always comes across as such an idiot on TV. I see zero potential in him, even if his life story is compelling.

He comes across as a complete dweeb, especially against someone like Black, who is actually cool

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

His "feud" with MJF was the nail in the coffin. He looked like he didn't belong. 

Yeah, what should have been a blood feud was approached by Pillman Jr. with an aww shucks earnest babyface routine. All wrong. He's still greener than grass, but I do see a sliver of potential him. I see more in Griff Garrison though.

1 minute ago, MoS said:

HHAHAHA I don't know if that was a botch or intentional, but that should be curtains for BPJ ever amounting to anything lol

With the top-tier talent that isn't being used (and in some cases, isn't even signed), it feels like a waste to focus on him. They tried and there's no shame in that, but yeah, that should be the end of it.

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

Since this match is boring, it's also a good time for me to state that I find Brian Pillman incredibly overrated, especially his early 90s work.

One of my all time favorite wrestlers because of his early 90’s work. I thought he was a phenomenal babyface with a ton of potential. WCW politics hurt him, then when he was on the verge of breaking out with the Loose Cannon gimmick he had his accident. I think he could have been a big deal in the attitude era but it wasn’t meant to be. 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

I thought for sure it was Brody King. Made it anticlimactic 

Felt like a botch. I'm hoping we weren't supposed to be impressed by that hocus pocus of Malakai suddenly teleporting halfway out of the ring, or whatever that was.

7 minutes ago, MoS said:

Since this match is boring, it's also a good time for me to state that I find Brian Pillman incredibly overrated, especially his early 90s work.

Scorching hot take. I disagree 100%.

If you're measuring him up against other high flyers, well, no, but he was a tremendous wrestler.

1 minute ago, Flyin' Brian said:

One of my all time favorite wrestlers because of his early 90’s work. I thought he was a phenomenal babyface with a ton of potential. WCW politics hurt him, then when he was on the verge of breaking out with the Loose Cannon gimmick he had his accident. I think he could have been a big deal in the attitude era but it wasn’t meant to be. 

His heel work in the Hollywood Blonds and in ECW/WWE Attitude Era is the stuff of legends, but he was a great fiery underdog babyface too.

2 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

See, especially with the loose cannon thing, watching the weekly Nitros (admittedly not in real time) it just never seemed like a big deal, more like an annoying distraction in between the important stuff. I am sure it was revolutionary for its time but I am not sure what actual potential that gimmick had.