Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 1st TBS episode - January 5, 2022

MoS

26 minutes ago, Loss said:

AEW fans seem to like WWE bashing. Wrestling was at its hottest when companies took shots at other companies. If anything, AEW should probably do way more of it.

Yeah it's all about cultivating that 'us vs. them' mentality and MJF aligning himself with the WWE is one of the few ways he can get heat without going too far.

I do understand your issues with it @C.S., it's lazy to 'bury' the opposition and long-term you'd be better served crafting interesting segments.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/6/2022 at 8:10 AM, KawadaSmile said:

Next week's card looks better than this one, with all due respect to Bryan and Page.

They started with a legitimate 5-star match on live TV, even if the rest of the show had been booked better - which it absolutely could have been - it would still have felt a bit underwhelming

17 minutes ago, Loss said:

Brian Pillman Jr. always comes across as such an idiot on TV. I see zero potential in him, even if his life story is compelling.

BPJ playing to the crowd in Cleveland after MJF got into the face of his heavily pregnant sister was the moment it was clear he had no wrestling insticts.

Or at least whoever put that segment together.

Awful, buried right then and there.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Listen, Luchasaurus is so gone the moment they decide to give Jungle Boy a meaningful singles push.

Yeah he is great in a tag team but he wouldn't cut it as a singles wrestler. Terrible instincts. Him and Adam Cole going punch to punch urgh

Brian Pillman's best run is definitely the Hollywood Blondes run and that's like 14 months or something. The Loose Cannon run is the most overrated angle and gimmick in history. It was literally Pillman just making cartoonishly over the top wacky faces for a couple of months and Bischoff saying he was gonna be in trouble and then he's gone and Benoit assumes his position in the feud with Sullivan. It's the ultimate work the smarks angle and somehow is still held up as some incredible thing. It wasn't. It sucked. 

Crazy match for those who are into such matches. Jungle Boy is definitely one of their big success stories and this feels earned. Ending the first episode of the TBS era with his ascension is a nice touch, although I would obviously have preferred if the world title match had gone last

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man the camera cutting to the other roster members not giving a fuck about the result is killing me

I might be giving too much credit here, but I wonder if Jericho's deer in the headlights/feigned interest is purposely setting up something between the new champs and The Inner Circle's Santana and Ortiz.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man the camera cutting to the other roster members not giving a fuck about the result is killing me

I would have paid money for Taz to cut a promo right then and there just insulting JB and Luchasaurus. Now that is GOOD HEAT

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

To me they looked like they were sizing up the new champs, very much appeared that fucks were being given there.

Also, yeah, this. It was clearly presented and sold as the other teams setting their sights on the new target. Especially cuz the target has that Ricky Morton vibe about him, which makes it easier for heels to imagine all the bad shit they are going to do to him 

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

To me they looked like they were sizing up the new champs, very much appeared that fucks were being given there.

I dunno, man. Seemed very awkward

1 minute ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Happy to see Jurassic Express win. Feel good ending to the show for me. Hope Rey Fenix is ok, he’s amazing. Weird with the lights going out at the end. Was wondering if someone jumped the gun or just technical difficulties. The camera shots of everyone at the end was strange. 

It feels like Jurassic Express winning was a last second decision after Fenix broke his arm, based an the people standing on the ramp and the awkward came shots.