Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/10 - 01/16 Is this year's Rumble going to break some walls down?

KawadaSmile

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Man, Carmelo Hayes is a fucking STAR. 

TBH I think Trick will end up being the bigger star in WWE. He still needs more time in the oven for sure but he checks all the boxes WWE goes for (ie: he's taller) and is charismatic as hell. 

Carmelo seems like a guy who WWE will not see the upside in, and he ends up being  the fucking STAR he can be somewhere else.

Something I realized is that one thing that hurts this version of NXT is because of how sudden the switchover came, everything seems so forced. I know you guys all love ol' Tony Baggadonuts but he has no business beating Pete Dunne. Just seemed like a fait accompli he was winning because Pete's a holdover from the old guard and didn't sell me on Tony being the better guy. 

Gotta admit that guys like Imperium, Cameron Grimes & Roderick Strong will stick out like sore thumbs, being pretty much the last guys of the old guard on that NXT 2.0 roster. Although, with LA Knight returning tonight, he's gonna be sticking around too.

Kinda surprised honestly that Vince hasn't requested Knight on the main roster yet, considering he can talk his ass off.

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:
I never saw him wrestle in NXT. Was he any good?

He had a somewhat decent tag with PAC around 2012/2013, but that was it. Certainly not holding my breath.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

Something I realized is that one thing that hurts this version of NXT is because of how sudden the switchover came, everything seems so forced. I know you guys all love ol' Tony Baggadonuts but he has no business beating Pete Dunne. Just seemed like a fait accompli he was winning because Pete's a holdover from the old guard and didn't sell me on Tony being the better guy. 

Tony hit him with a crowbar to the face and it sounded like a gunshot, it's far from the worst idea even when one thinks Dunne is the better guy. The bigger issue with Dunne is that he never seems to win big matches.

Speaking of Jesse, just saw him a few weeks ago in a match from 84. He was only 32/33 and looked completely broken down and could barely move. I would assume due to steroid abuse. Kinda funny how 32/33 would be considered spry and young in current wrestling but guys back then were near the end.

14 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

His work never struck a chord with even during his SJK run but good on him. If it was me id stay put behind the commentary desk and have a bump-free life making easy money. 

I don't know man, hearing Vince in your ears weekly doesn't sound like that much of an improvement that taking some bumps. Mental health could be more affected than his body.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:42 PM, strobogo said:

Corey Graves was about as good of a pro wrestler as Jesse Ventura, I guess. Which is to say he wasn't good but had charisma and was better as a color man (at least for a time) than wrestler.

Jesse had the Promo skills, Astetics and the presence to make up for his lack of workrate. I don't think Graves is bad but I don't think he any special either. 

Also with , Daniel Bryan admitting that he lied about the concussion issues could this be a move to validate their wellness policy?