Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Flyin' Brian

AEW Rampage - January 14, 2022

Got busy messing around on my computer and missed the first 20 minutes or so. I thought Shawn Spears was going to start doing some weird striptease dancing on that chair. 

1 minute ago, Loss said:

The Acclaimed video was tremendous. I wish it had been on Dynamite.

Hopefully they’ll replay it. 

I think AEW has some talent to be excited about in their women’s division as long as they keep improving. Everyone seems unique and brings something different to the table. I really like the entire babyface side in this match. 

3 minutes ago, DR Ackermann said:

They are using the exact same crowd sound effect for every move. It's distracting.

I hadn’t noticed but I’ll start looking for it. They tape in front of a live audience so I don’t know why they would need to use crowd sound effects. 

They pipe in the noise on Rampage when the crowd isn't hot. This crowd wasn't this loud for Dynamite. I just noticed tonight that they are using the same sound effect for most moves and now I can't un-hear it.

2 hours ago, Loss said:

The Acclaimed video was tremendous. I wish it had been on Dynamite.

Oh my God,  that video ruled. Max saying he's gonna blow out Sting's knees like he did in the Clash got a big pop.

I kinda hope Layla joins Team Taz at some point,  seems like a natural pairing of two tiny people who enjoy suplexing things. 

I love that ITS TIME! FOR THE MAIN EVENT! has become a signature thing for Rampage. Never fails to get me hype.

....and dammit AEW still owes us that Silver vs Pac LITTLE MEATY MEN SLAPPING MEAT match

That was a really fun watch. Rampage becoming the AEW version of  WorldWide has been my favorite development as of late.

Cole/Trent basically not selling any head drops at all down the stretch was pretty hilarious. Just because it’s a TV match doesn't mean you condense your 20 minute match down to 8 and cut the selling. 

5 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Cole/Trent basically not selling any head drops at all down the stretch was pretty hilarious. Just because it’s a TV match doesn't mean you condense your 20 minute match down to 8 and cut the selling. 

Especially when the match was built around Trent’s hurt neck?

Agreed.... Trent did a piledriver on the apron, literally 20 seconds later, Cole is doing a Canadian Destroyer in the ring for 2 (which was not a Panama Sunrise because he didn't do the 2nd rope hop)

An apron bump should end a match from time to time.  AEW is still very much in the WWE mold of only finishers or surprise roll ups win matches. To have matches end in the middle of the OHHHHH high spot segments might really open the house style up and allow for more drama when the audience knows one of these 20 high spots in a row might actually end a match at any time.