Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - January 19, 2022

MoS

Hey guys remember when Kaz was not a jobber but the Elite-hunter, and then he did a job to one of the Dork Brothers. 

I liked the Archer backstage promo though, and I love Hangman and I am an Archer fan, so I really liked the entire thing. You Americans didn't catch it, but during the break, Archer jawed off with a young girl in the front row, leading the fans to chant "Piece of shit" at him. He immediately looked at the fans and inquiringly pointed at the little girl, which got a massive pop out of me. He continued jawing with the little girl after going to the ring too, which is why the fans also briefly chanted "piece of shit" at him just after the break. 

God WHY is Every. Single. Women's. Backstage. Segment. the EXACT SAME. It's beyond parody at this point 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MoS said:

Wardlow and MJF are not like HHH and Batista though, that was a very different dynamic. Wardlow in kayfabe is signed only to MJF, he doesn't have an AEW contract. It's more an updated long-drawn version of Shawn-Diesel than anything. 

That Jade-Anna backstage segment was STRAIGHT out of a modern WWE TV show and it's tired backstage template, stilted contrived "dialogue" included. What's happened to this show in this hour?!

Have they said for sure that he's not under contract to AEW? If that's the case, how does he get matches?

11 minutes ago, Stiva said:

“You think Bob Orton was on the road for eight days and came home to fucking herd cattle?!” popped me huge. Hangman is great

They should really push Archer being from Texas more, really drive home the cowboy angle. It is the exact kind of thing that works only in pro wrestling. Maybe bring out Stan Hansen for a guest appearance, that is a guaranteed pop from this fanbase even if a lot of them have probably never actually seen a Hansen match in their life

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah people there said the guy yelled "get that drunk out of the ring" so I don't think TK will mind paying any fines over that one. 

Yeah I caught this later. Good on Mox for calling him out. Heckler knew what he was doing, for him to say that to Mox after he comes back from alcohol rehab is just...all I will say is they probably did him a favour if they booted his ass, cuz I see no way the crowd lets him out in one piece. Good on Mox for still cutting his promo, that was the promo of this short year so far. Genuinely made me feel things. 

This show, as subpar as it was, beat Raw in the demo and hit over a million. I guess Moxley's return bumped it up but, with that being the first segment, and the show not really having much in the way of good matches to grab anybody after that, will it translate to similar next week?

Everything seems to point to the show reaching it's (new) peak once Omega comes back and The Elite schism angle starts. By that point Page will probably be feuding with the winner of the Punk/MJF feud, Danielson should be back doing a new storyline and Darby/Sting could be tag champs or going for those belts. 

I hope The Elite stuff translates to a compelling angle but even if it ends up being something I don't like, I'm certain the younger audience & core AEW fanbase will eat it up.

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

This show, as subpar as it was, beat Raw in the demo and hit over a million. I guess Moxley's return bumped it up but, with that being the first segment, and the show not really having much in the way of good matches to grab anybody after that, will it translate to similar next week?

I think AEW fans care about stuff like Cole-Cassidy, power couples, Elite drama, and even Dan Lambert far more than we generally do here at PWO. 

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

I think AEW fans care about stuff like Cole-Cassidy, power couples, Elite drama, and even Dan Lambert far more than we generally do here at PWO. 

Yeah, you’re probably right. To be fair to AEW, I’d probably put Cole and Baker together on screen too but where does this leave our girl, Jamie Hayter?!

I mean the Bella Twins attracted many new fans and the power couple dynamic was explored in their reality TV show which drew those fans on the first place, so to me it makes sense that people would tune in to watch Cole and Baker.

I think Guevara and Conti could turn out to be popular as well. People like romance.