Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - January 19, 2022

MoS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they ever need to have a match against each other at all. I think they should win the tag titles at some point, and they probably need to have a match with the Young Bucks at some point. And Sting should have exactly one attempt to win either the World or TNT title on a Battle of the Belts special that segues to a Darby program with a big name when they're ready to push him to the top. But I don't think there's any need to do a breakup in this case.

14 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

How about Sting just says his time is up, Darby is ready to be his own man, and the two just set up a farewell bout, in a "I want you to have this" deal? That is, if a farewell match is even necessary.

I'm totally on board with this. That said, if Sting wanted to go crazy and have a brief heel run before retiring, I'm 100% sure he would make it work, specially when people love Darby that much. Heel Joker Sting in AEW sounds hilarious.

I don't think there's really a big upside to someone beating or retiring beloved legend 62 year old Sting. It's not like he's at the end of his run as a top guy, top star, or even the end of his TNA run. He's an old legend having a fun post-retirement run where everyone just gets to have fun celebrating this legend everyone loves.