Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
MoS

AEW Dynamite - January 19, 2022

I wonder if this will be a WWE style intergender match where it's basically a women's match and a men's  match happening at the same time and the two never interact, or AAA style. 

The other match like this was males fight, females fight,  Don’t cross the streams.  Wasn’t Statlander and OC in that Dynamite as well?  

They were originally put together as a couple.  On BTE Kris sang a really nice song to him…while he was sleeping.  That was retconned out which is fine because it was barely a thing on BTE.  Plus she is with Caleb Konley(still?) and Orange is close to forty with a wife and kids(presumed from various scuttlebutt). We wrestling fans can’t make sense of that conundrum.  

So these fictional angles are impossible in 2022. Kris would get the worst of humanity on that app for twits calling her words they don’t even say in the bible….and then there is the wrestling problem where these angles END relationships.

2 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

But who’s gonna help them lay out the match and sell a bit?

Did Arn do the mixed tag at WM involving Cena and Nikki, or had he left by then? That was a smartly laid out match. 

I don't even know if you can fairly call that a promo since it was pretty much the verbal equivalent of Mox walking to the ring bare ass naked and not giving a fuck, but that might have been the greatest moment of wrestling TV I have ever seen. Maybe it's just hitting me at the right time after a recent mental health episode, but there was something about hearing a wrestler saying the most honest things ever said was on another level.

19 minutes ago, Log said:

What the hell did that fan yell?

According to someone on Twitter it was something along the line of "Get that drunken piece of trash out of the ring"

I'm just surprised that someone who lives in Florida is able to maintain that Sheamus level paleness. You'd get at least a light tan going out to get the mail down there. 

Also did I miss a shredded Adam Cole phase? His build doesn't look that much different.

Tell me, folks: Was Cody's promo rambling, incoherent, and all over the place, or am I just really tired tonight?

He's right about one thing though: Brody King really should have changed his name. Brodie/Brody should be sacred in AEW.

PAC vs. Black should be a strong addition to the Best Matches Involving Wrestlers With Rhyming Names thread in Pro Wrestling Mostly.

I admit I laughed at the finish of Punk/Spears, both because it was so absurdly perfect after all the build and it was like TK gave the book to @KawadaSmile

They don't come much lamer than Brian Pillman Jr. And wow is this show several steps down when Bryan Danielson isn't wrestling and talking for 20+ minutes every week.

I was gonna ask if Frankie Kazarian was the most sympathetic figure they could find in their roster for Archer to demolish but then I realized the segment was made for Page to look like a legit babyface Ace so I won't complain.

Is Lio Rush done with the company? I loved his team with Dante but he's been pushed aside since Dante did that weird swerve with team Taz, and now they putting Sydal back with him. I know about the exchange between Lio and TK after the Swole stuff but I feel he was already thrown aside even before that.

I feel we do this each cycle. AEW slow builds both because they only have 4 PPVs a year, so the first few weeks of a cycle introduces the new feuds while we all complain the show is "meh". I mean, we're not wrong they kinda are, but it also seems to be the point.