Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Wrestlemania 38 the Mania of Wrestling

KawadaSmile

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone GOAT. So glad this was last so I was able to watch it live.

Him not saying a single thing but looking at Owens with a level of disgust and intensity that no one else can channel in wrestling. Milking the crowd and then having a damn good brawl after 19 years??

Again, Stone GOAT.

12 minutes ago, Dav'oh said:

Imagine being a knackered 57 year-old who hasn't wrestled in two decades and not putting the younger, current guy over. That's some ego. And some A-Grade bullshit. 

Fuck this gerontocracy. (No, I was not expecting KO to win, because I don't expect logic.)

This is a joke post right? If not, lmao.

It was kind of sad in the beginning, but got better as it went on. No way they could have had Austin lose there. I just wonder why do this now other than Wrestlemania being in Texas? Austin could have been doing this periodically over the years, having this kind of match with Cena or Punk or even older stars like Michaels, Sting, Hogan, or Undertaker at Wrestlemania. 

18 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Night 1 got a MOTYC (two, if you count Bianca/Becky:P ), a great return in Cody Rhodes, one good match in Charlotte/Ronda. Success.

This was a damn fun show. The boys were loving it and brother and my sister in law watched. They even loved it. And you haven't lived until you've watched wrestling with my sister in law. She's a blast.

1 minute ago, Flyin' Brian said:

It was kind of sad in the beginning, but got better as it went on. No way they could have had Austin lose there. I just wonder why do this now other than Wrestlemania being in Texas? Austin could have been doing this periodically over the years, having this kind of match with Cena or Punk or even older stars like Michaels, Sting, Hogan, or Undertaker at Wrestlemania. 

It seemed intentionally looking like Austin was old and slow and the slow stomps looked pretty iffy, but then when he said fuck it and started them full speed it looked fine and hyped everyone up. I was actually thinking of Fritz Von Erich matches in the 80s.

6 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Oh, and talk about making the right call staying in WWE for Owens...

Yep. As much as we all love AEW, even Owens beating Hangman Page for the World Title wouldn't have been as big as this - and that wouldn't have happened anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

I can't even imagine the amount of money Vince gave him for this, it's probably not the type of offer Austin got before. I also buy into the idea that Austin saw it as a special opportunity to go full circle on his career (first and last match in the same place) and of he it wasn't tonight, he wouldn't have been able to do it like he he just did until it was too late. He could've done in WM 32 but that card had Rock and HHH trying to have a HHH moment with Roman in the main event, so much less room than in a 2-night event with practically no big names.

And supposedly he WAS interested in a match with Punk. WWE fucking up Punk's momentum and Rock/Cena having the main event locked up (and Punk dropping the ball badly on that sitdown interview they did together for WWE2K, I'll always believed that played a factor too) probably made him reconsider. 

Austin also has a big time soft spot for Owens, as Owens has told the story numerous times about meeting him in an airport and talking about how Austin’s promos helped him learn to speak English better. That was somewhat alluded to but nerve overtly, and I feel that’s why Austin did it, even if the payday was also substantial. 

I loved Charlotte vs Rousey cause I can't stand Rousey and I was cheering Charlotte. I popped when Charlotte won.

The boys popped HUGE for Drew destroying the ring with his sword. It was one of their biggest pops of the night. My nephew said to his pals,"Dude, that's a real Claymore". They know their weapons from video games. I had the good sense to not tell them that the ring was gimmicked.  

17 minutes ago, strobogo said:

It seemed intentionally looking like Austin was old and slow and the slow stomps looked pretty iffy, but then when he said fuck it and started them full speed it looked fine and hyped everyone up. I was actually thinking of Fritz Von Erich matches in the 80s.

Somebody on Twitter pointed out that Austin got more into it after taking his first bump, and thought it was more of a case of, "oh, I took a bump and didn't die. Let me do some more shit." 

2 hours ago, jiraffejustin said:

if they would have put KO over, that would have gotten the absolute worst kind of heat. 

"Blistering"? 

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

This is a joke post right? If not, lmao

The "LMAO" is Austin actually winning.

From the feedback, I would watch the two women matches (one for the hype, the other for the lulz) and Austin vs Owens. 

The Cody debut, some people are acting like it's that awesome surprise when it's been in the books literally for weeks now, just odd. Plus, apparently they forgot where he was when he left AEW. The idea that AEW letting him go is a mistake is just head-scratching. Sure he got the huge Mania entrance. See ya in 6 months though. He's still Cody Rhodes, people, and I say that as someone who really enjoyed his work in his last 6 months in AEW a lot, but I haven't forgot the Codyverse either. And also, and even more importantly, it's still the WWE in 2022.... 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:
this man is such a carny it's unbelievable

What did you expect ? :lol: Honestly that's a really good promo for his WWE debut.