Pro Wrestling Only

Triplemania XXX 4/30/22 (Part 1of 3)

sek69

CIEN CARAS! comes out to distract Rayo so the NGD can try to attack, but Rayo thwarts them with a guitar and beats Demon. After wards, the New Dinamitas and the OG Dinamitas attack Rayo, all while Blue Demon is apparently dead from the guitar shot. 

Bucks win, Fenix isn't happy with Vikingo (probably setting up a title match on the next TripleMania in June) and before they can fight they get attacked by Sammy, Tay, and Johnny Caballero (who Hugo seems to think is an AEW faction). Penta makes the save so the Lucha Bros stand tall to end the show. Match was great, pretty much exactly what you'd expect it to be. Finish was kinda botched but that was on the ref not any of the participants.

Did this actually happen? I see nothing in the thread about it.

Nothing would get me to boycott Forbidden Door quicker than this toxic asshole getting a spot on it.

Can't imagine why there'd be interest from either side.

Maybe a few years ago, Braun/Scherr might have been a "get" for NJPW, but certainly not now.

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Dorian presents Latin Lover (who still looks like Mr. Steal Yo Girl all these years later) with an award for 30 years in lucha, only to be interrupted by JEFF JARRETT

What is this, 2016/2014/2011/2008/2001?

We just need Konan to invade with a group now and the masterful Xerox booking is complete. 

13 hours ago, C.S. said:

Did this actually happen? I see nothing in the thread about it.

Nothing would get me to boycott Forbidden Door quicker than this toxic asshole getting a spot on it.

Can't imagine why there'd be interest from either side.

Maybe a few years ago, Braun/Scherr might have been a "get" for NJPW, but certainly not now.

I didn't see it anywhere myself. Is it a video package or someone was trolling?

This did not happen. Why post bullshit from random idiots from Twitter on the board ?

Young Bucks vs Vikingo & Fénix was everything expected. Great match, some insane spot by the technicos, Vikingo is from another planet it seems (and that's next to Fénix). The final was botched by the inept as usual Hijo de Tirantes, who interrupted his count then counted again, and Matt Jackson displayed his genius mind by making him count again and again so as to drawn the botch, as if it was just part of him being a dick and making the ref count several times to humiliate Vikingo. Matt Jackson is that smart, amazing.

LA Park vs Villano IV was ugly as hell but kinda great if you don't mind two barely mobile old fucks bleeding on each others but making the most out of their legendary status. 

Blue Demon vs Rayo de Jalisco was just ugly as hell. Probably for the first time ever Blue Demon Jr. was the best worker in a match by a large margin.

Canek did show way more than I expected, although that doesn't mean much. Clown did a really hood job bumping for him. Like in the Demon match, the whole thing was having an old rival to fuck the match up so Canek could win.

Pentagon vs Ultimo Dragon was a fine opener, it was cool to see Ultimo back in a AAA ring. Still the best outfits this guy ! 

Jeff Jarrett & Karen were pretty awesome as they usually are in this setting. Vampiro ! This is WCW 2000 !!! Well no, it was actually fun. The announcers kinda sucked though, they did not recognize Vampiro's theme, they did not recognize Dr. Wagner Jr's theme (and not even the guy until he took his mask off apparently)... I mean, they were a hundred times better than Vamp & Striker being drunk as fuck of course, but still... (well, drunk as fuck Vamp was kinda funny honestly)

Multi-team mixed title match was fun, as these match usually are, and Tay & Sammy were a terrific rudo act at the end.

The high-flying clusterfuck was just that, some really good shit in this. Johnny Caballero was a hoot. I wonder how long until we get to see Johnny Elite...

The mixed-tag clusterfuck was great when Andrade was facing Bandido, very good when Taya was against Deonna (who did not really shine in that setting, too clusterfucky for her style), sucked whenever CIbernetico was in, as expected. Fuck finish sucked though, they did not want to beat anyone.

The vignettes from the rouletta de la muerte were pretty cool and well done I thought. Usual production fuck ups during the shows though, what would a AAA show be without it ?

5 hours ago, El-P said:

The announcers kinda sucked though, they did not recognize Vampiro's theme, they did not recognize Dr. Wagner Jr's theme (and not even the guy until he took his mask off apparently)... I mean, they were a hundred times better than Vamp & Striker being drunk as fuck of course, but still... (well, drunk as fuck Vamp was kinda funny honestly)

This is why you always watch the Spanish feed for AAA shows, even if you don't understand Spanish. Hugo's awesomeness transcends all linguistic barriers. Plus he tends to break into English fairly often (he knows everyone prefers to watch his feed). 

19 hours ago, C.S. said:

Because I didn't see the show and wanted to know if it happened?

That's understood, but don't you think sex69 would have reported it as it happened ?

Plus honestly, AAA doesn't work with NJPW anyway, so none of it makes sense anyway.

32 minutes ago, El-P said:

sex69

:lol:

32 minutes ago, El-P said:

That's understood, but don't you think sex69 would have reported it as it happened ?

Plus honestly, AAA doesn't work with NJPW anyway, so none of it makes sense anyway.

Right, he didn't, which is why I asked.

Using Adam Scherr, period, doesn't make any sense right now - but NJPW doesn't seem to mind working with assholes and #speakingout cases - and as a big hoss, he would've been attractive to them a few years ago, so who knows.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if AAA had interest in Scherr, all they care about is if you're a draw or not.  I don't see it happening since they're smart enough to not want to have any ill will with any of their working partners right now.

Speaking of, it's going to be a test of CMLL's weird rules considering AAA and AEW are working so close together and there's going to be CMLL and AEW folks in the Best of the Super Juniors. By their usual standards they would have a fit over one of their partners working with someone who has close ties to AAA, but the Fantastica Mania tours CMLL does usually do great business (the Japanese seem to really like lucha) and at the end of the day the only thing CMLL cares about is making money.

On 5/1/2022 at 3:37 PM, El-P said:

The announcers kinda sucked though, they did not recognize Vampiro's theme, they did not recognize Dr. Wagner Jr's theme (and not even the guy until he took his mask off apparently)...

Shame on them after the legendary "Where's the fuckin music!" moment from tripleMania a few years back

• 5 months later...

I was just watching Foley’s podcast on YouTube and I saw an ad for Triplemania XXX tomorrow night on Fite. I am mildly curious, however I still remember back in 2015 when I foolishly paid for Triplemania XXIII via traditional PPV. The show was plagued with technical problems and for the most part the matches were total dogshit. It ended up being a massive ripoff and I have not paid for a Lucha show since.

I consider Good Bubba @sek69 to be the “go to” guy here at PWO when it comes to Lucha related stuff. So sek, what’s the skinny on this show tomorrow? Is it expected to be good, bad or ugly? Any big matches worth seeing you think? Please share your opinions with the class.