Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/02 - 05/08 I miss Persia Pirotta

KawadaSmile

12 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Everything about Lacey Evans feels like a huge swerve/trolljob

Yeah, this has gone too well considering how bad WWE is with babyfaces. She should be a huge babyface with her story but you know Vince just wants to pull the rug out.

7 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Everything about Lacey Evans feels like a huge swerve/trolljob

Bubba might be right.

From Cageside Seats:

Samantha Irvin was in the ring announcing her arrival and made sure to say that Evans requested everyone in the crowd show the proper respect and stand up and applaud her as she came out. The fans reacted by falling in line and cheered her like a returning hero, but it seemed at odds with the entire presentation of her in the stories leading up to this.

Perhaps she’s still every bit the character she was in the past and we’re going to see that soon enough? Wouldn’t that be something?

Or maybe it's just WWE trying to control their audience like they are drones. Remember, they LOVED the thunderdome presentation because it allowed them to have a totally controlled environment. Obviously I have no idea about that Lacy Evans deal though, but the fact something looks awkward seems like... normal business for WWE (I have seen those Beach Break vignettes with Mandy Rose and the crew.... holy shit...  vintage TNA/early00's WWE horrible comedy stuff right there).

What's with Roman saying on a house show he "starting a new phase in his career" and teasing he didn't know if would be back in the same building again? I mean, workers work -and even if he went full Hollywood he'd be back eventually for a part time run- but this seems a little out of nowhere, no?