Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - May 4/6 2022

Timbo Slice

6 minutes ago, strobogo said:

I'm convinced that "health issue" Jericho had a few months back was liver related and his doctor told him he needed to stop drinking immediately.

Yeah I've been suspecting he probably had some kind of alcoholic bad experience that caused him to go cold turkey since he seemed to get into shape real fast afterwards.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF was that?

I mean, Julia Hart is a very attractive young lady (respectfully or whatever we say around here) and there certainly has to be a better role for her in this company than hanging out with the Blondes.

But holy shit, this angle around her eye did not and does not require this much build! Either put her with HoB or don't. 

Fenix/Dante: Pretty decent match. I’ll never like any spot where the wrestlers stand around & wait for crowd approval - and the commercial break hurt the flow early too. It was still entertaining & I liked the finish.

I think it should be crystal clear by now that TK never had any interest in keeping the people who were champs before ROH was bought over, either because they're already signed elsewhere or because he wants to remake ROH in his own vision (which is fair enough since it's his money).

25 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Well yeah, why would he put titles on people who don't work for him? 

As Deonna won it before Tony Khan was in negotiations to buy ROH.

Deonna was the person that campaigned and died on the hill to the Sinclair/Joe Koff regime for an ROH Women's title years ago and before NXT. Deonna winning it at Final Battle was Sinclair/Joe Koff tying the knot and letting bygones be bygones.

Expect Deonna and Chelsea Green to go after the tag titles in IMPACT.

I have two observations after watching tonight’s episode of Dynamite.

Big Cass appears to have improved a metric fuck-ton since the last time I saw him. I just hope for his sake, AEW and/or Impact do not drug test. But still, he looked quite sharp, I thought.

On the other end of the spectrum…

I had been feeling that in retrospect, I was being slightly unfair in mercilessly roasting Brian Pillman Jr. in this very forum over the last couple of months. I thought perhaps I was judging him too harshly, and I tried to watch his promo this evening with an open mind.

As it happens…I went far too easy on him originally. He’s the shits. Seriously, WTF. How is this guy on TV.

41 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Big Cass appears to have improved a metric fuck-ton since the last time I saw him. I just hope for his sake, AEW and/or Impact do not drug test. But still, he looked quite sharp, I thought.

He got sober after having an incident at an indy show, and by all accounts is 100% better as a person and a wrestler now. 

Intrigued by the Hangman promo, although I really dislike the "masturbatory Bret Hart matches" - he isn't even wrong, but I hate shoot stuff in my promos, it never ends well. A lot will depend on how Punk responds to him. People are saying this was a heel promo, but AEW has not shied from faces blurring the lines on occasion. Punk himself was quite heelish in his promo against Kingston, for instance.