Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - May 4/6 2022

Timbo Slice

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was putting Angelico in the BCC tag a rib? Guy hits like Kelly Kelly. Butcher and Blade still deserve a lot more, even if they’ve had a pretty fun run with some featured matches. I’m pretty deep into the Wardlow as Goldberg push but I do wonder if TK will have MJF be squashed dead by him since I have a feeling that the title scene post-Page will swing back to the Punk-MJF-Wardlow triangle. Wardlow is getting way too over to not go with that throughout the summer. I’m pulling for Claudio as the Joker against Joe, even though neither guy should lose that matchup.

Real hit and miss second hour though. Pillman needs to go away for a few years to work indies or even WWE to get ready for prime time. It’s harsh on Griff who I actually like in his role as the hot tag guy in the Blonds but man, Pillman is a bit of an albatross. And how long do The House of Black have to hang around doing this shit when the Blackpool Combat Club, Kingston’s Crew and Death Triangle are waiting to have fucking great 6-mans?

20 minutes ago, Stiva said:

I do wonder if TK will have MJF be squashed dead by him since I have a feeling that the title scene post-Page will swing back to the Punk-MJF-Wardlow triangle. Wardlow is getting way too over to not go with that throughout the summer.

It's something that I think about, too. Wardlow will have to go over MJF and 10 Guy in dominant fashion, given the direction of this whole program. He's out there powerbombing a SEVEN FOOT MAN, he ain't backing down to those two.

In fact, I think a Punk/Wardlow program would be the best possible title program they could do right now. Old, cunty, grumpy veteran Punk taking on a BIG MEATY MAN who is young and hungry, and needs to be fed more? What could possibly go wrong???

I really felt like getting behind Wardlow last night. He is what Bron Breaker should be on NXT. Big Cass did what he needed to in that match. I think Wardlow could be better than Goldberg, because I think Wardlow would be able to get more sympathy as well when he needs to. But they do need to book him properly once MJF is done otherwise he will drop back down the cards.

3 hours ago, Stiva said:

Pillman needs to go away for a few years to work indies or even WWE to get ready for prime time. It’s harsh on Griff who I actually like in his role as the hot tag guy in the Blonds but man, Pillman is a bit of an albatross.

I get what you are saying, but I am wondering…Pillman was trained by Lance Storm and has been wrestling professionally now for 5 years. How much more training and experience does he need? I am wondering if he is about as good as he is going to get at this point. Which as we have seen, is…not so good. I just don’t think he gets it, and I don’t think he ever will, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Stiva said:

And how long do The House of Black have to hang around doing this shit when the Blackpool Combat Club, Kingston’s Crew and Death Triangle are waiting to have fucking great 6-mans?

I hadn’t actually thought about those potential matchups, but now that you mention it…fuck yeah, give me those, please. You keep hearing and seeing rumours about possible AEW Trios or 6 Man Titles or a tournament at least, and there are a ton of potential matches with the roster they have right now:

- Cole & ReDragon

- Kenny & The Bucks

- Christian & Jurassic Express

- Team Taz

Plus all the midcard teams like Dark Order, Best Friends, Gunn Club, Andrade Inc. etc that have more than two members. There are some potentially great 6 Man matches for HOB, BCC and Death Triangle.

11 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Not a big fan os trios belts because I feel the Freebird Rule kinda makes it redundant, but a tournament with a trophy would be nice. Gimme Claudio, Ares and Hero.

Also, who do you think the *Joker* is going to be at the Owen Tournament?

I could see them use Davey Boy Smith Jr as a nod to the Hart family. Pretty much expect Joe to make it to the finals but a first round match against someone like Joe would be pretty neat.

Yeah but Santana this time gave him the middle finger while he had the camera and then stunned him, straight out of the Backlash 99 main event. I remember the spot vividly cuz it was one of the first I had watched when I was first becoming a fan

On 5/5/2022 at 6:49 AM, The Thread Killer said:

Big Cass appears to have improved a metric fuck-ton since the last time I saw him. I just hope for his sake, AEW and/or Impact do not drug test. But still, he looked quite sharp, I thought.

Yep. This is IMPACT working its magic for ya. It took a while though, but they booked him *a lot* with Eddie Edwards in street fights, they hid his weaknesses a lot and made him look like a monster, gave him a purpose, got him over as a dirty monster heel, then as a cool monster face (a la Sid in 96), which probably did wonders for his confidence. His single match with Moose I thought didn't work that well (too long even for an improved Morrissey), but overall his IMPACT stint and rebuilt as been a success. I thought he looked quite good here too.

Disappointed Deonna did not win, I must say. IMPACT sending two people to do jobs is not something I expected, I hope they get something in return (send some dude in IMPACT... like, I dunno BRIAN PILLMAN, who badly needs fresh air and a creative space to find himself, or anyone really). But anyway, I marked out big time for one of my favorite workers in the world for a few years now main eventing an AEW TV show, and shining in the process. She's still the best. Love Deonna !

And that Fénix vs Martin match was out of this world. This is what I want to see, the next level shit, the stuff that's out there, that I've never seen before, that is new and unique. 

Also : get Julia Hart into a gothic gear already. People just want her to be part of the House of Black and turn on the two geeks. Just do it already. House of Blacks also are cool heels. They are dark and cool and killers and they need their Witchy Bliss-like Cheerleader. Just do it already and let's put a rocket under their collective asses.

Takeshita came to play in this US trip - the match on Dark vs. Cutler was a great showcase, and this Lethal match just now was really nice even if the finish kinda sucked.  Man's one of the best young talents in all of puro and i'm really glad

It baffles me that Jay Lethal is still somehow employed, given a push, and thought of as a good worker in some circles all because he did a serviceable Macho Man impression 16 years ago.

Sure, he is passable, but my god is he the definition of bland. 

Why he is feuding with Joe, and going over Takeshita and taking up valuable TV time when the roster is already overloaded, I will never understand.

I think Lethal is pretty good in-ring, but he got hurt a lot by treading water in ROH for a million years. It was like he got "creative has nothing for you"d like someone in WWE but he kept going out there every week anyway.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:06 PM, KawadaSmile said:

I expect Jeff and Fish to have a fundamental wrestling match. If they work it like Punk and Dustin did a while ago, it's aces.

Deonna Purrazzo going to show people how to properly work. Take notes, Bryan Danielson.

Notes on how to kill the main event and impress no one?

On 5/6/2022 at 5:44 PM, Blehschmidt said:

It baffles me that Jay Lethal is still somehow employed, given a push, and thought of as a good worker in some circles all because he did a serviceable Macho Man impression 16 years ago.

Sure, he is passable, but my god is he the definition of bland. 

Why he is feuding with Joe, and going over Takeshita and taking up valuable TV time when the roster is already overloaded, I will never understand.

Agree. I much preferred him as he came in to AEW, as veteran babyface putting over younger dudes in pretty good matches. (the Starks FTW match was his best in years) but I haven't liked anything he had done otherwise since the initial Black Machismo run.