Wrestlemania Backlash

NintendoLogic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

...On par with the pimped Shield trios matches.

Did you smoke some of Riddle's stash, Bubba?

This match had zero importance, zero stakes, zero reason to exist.

The winners and losers literally did not matter.

I wasn't interested in this show at first but it totally delivered. Besides Corbin/ Moss, I really liked to loved the matches. I even liked Lashley vs Omos. Edge wins the Owen Hart "Enough Is Enough Award" for worst spoken word intro to new entrance music with, " You think you know me.....BUT YOU DIDN'T!!!" Holy shit, it's so bad.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I wasn't interested in this show at first but it totally delivered. Besides Corbin/ Moss, I really liked to loved the matches. I even liked Lashley vs Omos. Edge wins the Owen Hart "Enough Is Enough Award" for worst spoken word intro to new entrance music with, " You think you know me.....BUT YOU DIDN'T!!!" Holy shit, it's so bad.

At least with Owen it was supposed to be that way since his character was always supposed to be a little dorky. Edge is trying to be Serious Evil Heel and ends up unintentionally hilarious.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

What bothers me is that the original line already implied that whoever it was directed to DIDN'T know Edge. 

I don't get why people seemed surprised Cody is a right fit for WWE. He's a product of their system. Sure he found his current character, presentation and upped his in-ring game outside of WWE, and that's been his strenght (some people just are incapable or uninterested in doing so), but he knows exactly how things works there because he's been brought up in the system. How long will Vince keep him hot, that's another matter, but Cody going back to WWE ways quickly isn't a surprise. That's what people criticized him for in AEW when his stock fell down, doing stuff that were too WWE-lite. The one thing that is too bad for him in terms of timing, is HHH's health issues and retirement, because you know this would have been the perfect Mania match. 

Also, the fact he is a product of their system might play a role in why Vince trusts him thus far. Of course it is a validation of AEW, because Cody left as a midcarder 4 life at best and came back as a main event star, but I wonder if Vince doesn't feel Cody is still his creation after all. If a guy came straight from AEW without any WWE stamp on him from before, I wonder if things would be the same. Of course it still seems unthinkable that he wouldn't push a guy like MJF to the moon, but then again...

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

Cody is such a better fit in WWE, it's amazing. Like I knew his deal would work better here bur it's much better than I imagined.

Yeah, having not watched anything since the Raw after Mania, I was surprised at how over Cody was and how he just totally fit in. Now, we can probably spend a full thread analyzing why he got to where he did in AEW, but it's hard to argue this wasn't the right call for him given his options.

The thing about Cody in AEW is that he managed to make people think that he should've had his ideas filtered. I fully believe he's got creative freedom in WWE but not to the point where Rosario Dawson is going to appear and jump the dude he's feuding with. 

Crowds are still hot for him, he's still over, and the matches have been good. Completely beyond my expectations.

The main event had me thinking about no matter what else is going on, or how poorly the rest of the show is, WWE always seems to be very good at booking main event  six man tags. It's almost like some sort of savant thing at this point, no matter who's involved its almost always great.