Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/16 - 05/22 I have jinxed the Phoenix Suns

KawadaSmile

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's got to be the most aggressive "fuck this talent" statement WWE has put out since the Austin walk out. Think of all the stories of people walking out or refusing creative and the show having to be rescheduled over the years, and how many times can you remember the announcers openly talking about it on TV and putting out a multiple paragraph statement. I actually can't remember any other than Austin.

Has WWE ever released a statement regarding backstage shoot stuff like this? They had put out a bunch of stuff on their Confidential show and their site when Austin had walked out, and of course buried him on air in a vague shoot way, but never anything as explicit as this.

That's one hell of a public burial.

So they are running Seth Rollins vs Cody Rhodes in the HITC.... Now now... Will Cody do some blood & guts ? That would be priceless, I have to say. Also, if he doesn't, it would be funny for totally other reasons (after spending years bleeding like a pig, now in the "demonic structure"tm and not a drop of blood ?). He's not gonna beat Seth Rollins three times in a row, no, does he ? And if he doesn't, that kinda makes Seth winning the feud after all. And if he does, that's the crazy push for the AE-"not competition"-W former upper midcarder. So yeah, this match is actually quite interesting for many reasons.

The line about having eight hours to rehearse the match (unlikely, and what a way to make them look like shitty workers too) and them claiming they were uncomfortable with their opponent (which really reads like trying to rile up the other girls against them) is something else. 

Gotta love the "characters are expected to perform the requirements of their contract" bit also. Those pesky independent contractors...

And then they apologize because, THIS TIME and because of two unprofessional bitches, they actually false advertised (which they do ALL THE TIME) and they have such regret about doing that, ya know...

Yeah, that statement is one for the ages, everything is off and odd.

Sasha & Naomi going all Ibushi in 5... 4... 3... ?

I'm thinking Sasha might be what us old-timers call a "bad influence". Naomi's put up with far worse treatment over the last decade, but now she decides to throw it all away? Over this? Then there's the apocryphal Sasha and Bayley story.

No way does the WWE let Sasha Banks out of her contract. I wouldn't be surprised if she's off TV for awhile, but I also think that this is somewhat cyclical with her. The slight irony is that her last departure was over the Women's Tag Titles too, right? Just seems like trick me once, shame on you, trick me one, shame on me. The WWE has never and will never give a shit about those championships so if that's your main gripe, you're arguing with water not to be wet. I'm guessing there's some frustration here unrelated to those titles. Sasha has been used not too dissimilar to a Bret Hart at times. When they need her to carry a program, or hell, an entire TV show for a whole summer - like she did with Bayley not too long ago - she's treated like a big star and is prioritized on TV. When they needed someone to put over Bianca? That was Sasha at Mania last year. But when Becky and Charlotte and Ronda are around or Vince has his heart set on putting over a new talent (even someone worthy like Belair), I could see Sasha feeling like she's always the one who fades into the background. 

As for Naomi...I don't get it as much. Naomi seems like she's been somewhat groomed to eventually take Nattie's spot as "den mother." She's not the world's best wrestler, but she's been with the company forever and has been up and down the card. I can definitely see her getting swept up in a conversation about the Women's Tag Titles and then finding herself in a much more heated argument because, for Sasha, this isn't about something much more. 

Of course, this is all conjecture. It just would strike me as weird that Naomi, one of the longest tenured wrestlers on the roster, would walk out on a show considering how many times she's probably had her matches or segments cut down to less than 5 minutes or cut off the show entirely. With the amount of TV shows they put on each year, she's probably done more jobs than the Brooklyn Brawler ever did too. 

14 hours ago, strobogo said:

I don't remember them acknowledging Punk at all until Steph made a dig about his UFC fight.

There was the Raw where they were at The Rosemont while Punk attended a Blackhawks postseason game in The United Center.  

Heyman was sent out to troll the crowd with Cult of Personality and made subtle references like “He’s not here” and using Lesnar’s “conquering” line for whomever the Hawks were playing that night in hopes that they would win.

Even that seemed like WWE trolling their fans instead to taking shots a Punk directly. 

If anything, this whole deal kind of reveals WWE doesn't view Sasha as a star IMO. Charlotte and Ronda have both done "that doesn't work for me brother" moves or complained about booking and WWE has never felt the need to send out scorched Earth official releases for that.

Also "Naomi is throwing her career away for no reason" is an interesting take on someone who has been the subject of more than one fan campaigns of "push this person, they are good and we like them very much". yet as she herself said her program with Sonya was the first one that has lasted more than two weeks. 

What "kind of money" ? I doubt Naomi is making the kind of money that makes WWE soooo much better than anything else, if you take everything in account (being happy, being more in control of what you do etc...). 

As far as Sasha goes, the fact she is making moves outside of WWE without them being involved at all probably plays a part in why she isn't considered a top talent like Charlotte, Rousey or Becky.