Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/16 - 05/22 I have jinxed the Phoenix Suns

KawadaSmile

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Reel said:

She had like 2 lines on the Mandalorian, this idea that she has a burgeoning Hollywood career is a bit of an exaggeration. 

You realize it's not Rock level or bust in terms of wrestlers going into movies/TV, right? No one's saying she's going to be an A+ superstar actress, but she can easily carve out a nice career that probably pays as much or more than WWE without the bullshit. 

29 minutes ago, Reel said:

She had like 2 lines on the Mandalorian, this idea that she has a burgeoning Hollywood career is a bit of an exaggeration. 

The Mandalorian and the Star Wars universe are a million times bigger than WWE is or ever will be, so even if she was a background extra with no lines, that would still make her instantly more famous and culturally relevant than any top WWE wrestler. 

55 minutes ago, sek69 said:

You realize it's not Rock level or bust in terms of wrestlers going into movies/TV, right? No one's saying she's going to be an A+ superstar actress, but she can easily carve out a nice career that probably pays as much or more than WWE without the bullshit. 

Wait!!!! There are actors who aren't huge movie stars?????? NO.

I'm sure she could parlay her success into some sort of acting gig, but you've watched Sasha Banks, you've heard her cut a promo? You watched the build to the Belair match at Mania last year, do you think that she's a good actress? Do you think that she really could make a ton of money acting? She might, I don't know, all I'm saying is let's pump the brakes on this idea that she can make a great living in Hollywood tomorrow, it's not exactly the easiest business. 

43 minutes ago, C.S. said:

The Mandalorian and the Star Wars universe are a million times bigger than WWE is or ever will be, so even if she was a background extra with no lines, that would still make her instantly more famous and culturally relevant than any top WWE wrestler. 

Ok, this is just silly. There are no background extras more famous or relevant than people who are on national network TV every week. Name one. 

On 5/16/2022 at 12:56 PM, rovert said:

EXTREMELY excited to find out if Lacey Evans is a heel on RAW after the babyface vignettes on Smackdown.

As far as I could tell, this was definitely not the case? Her segment felt a bit random, but I'm hoping they don't turn her at least.

1 hour ago, Reel said:

Ok, this is just silly. There are no background extras more famous or relevant than people who are on national network TV every week. Name one. 

It was an exaggerated response to your silly post minimizing Sasha's role in Mandalorian because she had "2-3 lines."

That alone still makes more famous and relevant than even the top WWE names, period.

Star Wars is a worldwide phenomenon. WWE is a niche with a cult following that depletes more and more every year.

19 minutes ago, C.S. said:

It was an exaggerated response to your silly post minimizing Sasha's role in Mandalorian because she had "2-3 lines."

I'll cop to minimalizing it, but only because everyone else seems to be maximalizing it. 

I'm sure a ton of people have 'seen' Sasha Banks, and I'm sure a ton of people will 'see' all sorts of people in very popular things, and this doesn't have anything to do with the popularity or lack thereof, of the WWE, it has to do with simply appearing on a popular show does not make you a successful working actor. 

And while we'd have to actually know Naomi's salary to really know, as a fan of B-movies, someone with Naomi's "name" from both her WWE run and her Total Divas years means that she's not going to starve making Lifetime or Hallmark movies or straight-to-streamers. As others have said, being a working actor can be quite lucrative, take way less toll on your body, and allows you much more freedom to pursue other jobs (she could still work indies and conventions, for example).

So, yeah, Naomi might not land a dream job with Marvel like Batista did or be the next Rock, but I could see her landing a few roles here and there that will likely be more than enough to keep her not only making money but healthy and happy. Again, we'd have to know her current salary though and compare that to SAG minimums, for example.

3 hours ago, Reel said:

It's more about the connections she can have after The Mandalorian. Having Favreu cast you because he saw you on "Hot Ones" on Youtube (pretty telling THAT'S were Sasha grabbed his eye), getting the gig, being good at it to the point you continue to be on the show for more episodes in Star Wars hottest franchise in 2022 is a better entry point into Hollywood than most other gigs.

Sasha has kind of felt like she's had one foot out ever since she came back from that hiatus from severe depression due to WWE beating her love of wrestling out of her. She's had a lot of great performances since then, but the spark has been out of her eyes ever since. She's had the rug pulled out from her and consistently pushed aside in favor of Charlotte/Ronda/Bliss. If they really were going to have both Naomi and Sasha job to the singles champs (on the same show no less) while the tag champs, I can see why they'd be like "why the fuck are we even the champs then" and leaving.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

He's #2 on my "dude most ready for the main roster" list, and that's only because Bron was a complete package on day one.

I mean, being the little brother to one of the greatest tag teams ever and cousin to the TRIBAL CHIEF must have helped a lot. The Anoa'i family might as well be the greatest dinasty in wrestling.