WWE TV 05/16 - 05/22 I have jinxed the Phoenix Suns

KawadaSmile

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

jesus they are BURYING naomi and sasha

After Charlotte's antics and Toni Storm pulling a Jack Brisco and quitting not getting this level of response that Sasha and Naomi got...... I know people get funny when race is brought up but damn it's hard to ignore the obvious here. 

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

After Charlotte's antics and Toni Storm pulling a Jack Brisco and quitting not getting this level of response that Sasha and Naomi got...... I know people get funny when race is brought up but damn it's hard to ignore the obvious here. 

Yup. All that's left is for them to be called "lazy".

I do wonder what the fuck that tournament is going to look like, though.

Riddle working with a bad hip. Match is flames.

8 hours ago, C.S. said:

Yikes!

At least he can still do the Eeeeeeeee-Li, Elllllll-A Night thing with Max Duuuuuuuuu Pri.

Actually, doesn't work the same at all. The cadence was :

E-Li DRAKE !

L-A KIGHT !

Cutting the last name in two instead of the first name doesn't have the same effect at all. Especially when it has that French sounding vowel at the end (Dupri comes from French origins, basically Dupré, meaning "from the field"), which doesn't pop like -ake or -ight. 

Plus HE WAS FUCKING LA KNIGHT ON YOUR OWN FUCKING DEVELOPMENTAL TV SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This company...

10 hours ago, El-P said:

Cutting the last name in two instead of the first name doesn't have the same effect at all. Especially when it has that French sounding vowel at the end (Dupri comes from French origins, basically Dupré, meaning "from the field"), which doesn't pop like -ake or -ight. 

Are you really expecting me to argue French with a native French speaker! :lol:

You win this one!

2 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Surely this Sasha stuff is a work 

Don't believe it for a second 

That strikes me as incredibly unlikely. For one thing, I can't see WWE engaging in such an elaborate work over the women's tag titles, which they've repeatedly demonstrated they don't give the slightest shit about. And I can't imagine what they think repeatedly burying one of their biggest stars on the air would accomplish from a business standpoint. Surely Vince remembers how Austin's drawing power never recovered after they buried him for taking his ball and going home.

By the way, the Security at Joseline's Cabaret Twitter account put out what apparently is Sasha and Naomi's side of the story. Take particular note of this tweet:

So Vince totally understood their concerns and ordered changes to be made, but the producers inexplicably got mad about it. Vince loved us, but that son of a bitch Johnny Ace...

I can see why someone would believe this is a work, since it is so monumentally stupid for WWE to have such a public temper tantrum to bury one of their biggest stars who gets tons of mainstream pub. It HAS to be a work, right? Not even WWE can be that stupid, right? 

Instead it seems like we're seeing a mask-off moment where Vince is showing exactly how he feels about his "independent contractors"

As a wise man once said, "they are who we thought they were"

PWO is the last place I'd expect "work" talk.

A work is meant to make money.

If it is a work whose in on it? WWE is working the roster? Why and to what benefit?

What's the payoff?

At a time WWE is the least dynamic and stay the course it has ever been riding out until Vince dies/the company is sold:

Shitting on two African American women in 2022.

???

Profit?

With the greatest respect buy a clue, guys.

FWIW I'm not saying it's a work, I'm just saying I get how someone might feel it is because it's such a monumentally stupid thing for them to shit on Sasha and Naomi like they did.  That "they can't be THAT stupid" initial reaction where you grasp at any other explanation for what you just saw. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

FWIW I'm not saying it's a work, I'm just saying I get how someone might feel it is because it's such a monumentally stupid thing for them to shit on Sasha and Naomi like they did.  That "they can't be THAT stupid" initial reaction where you grasp at any other explanation for what you just saw. 

This is what im saying. It's so publicly absurd that it's hard to actually believe it.

In terms of how does it draw, they've repeatedly proven that they struggle with that concept anyway.

I dont really care about buying a clue etc, something just seems fake about it to me. Far too much coverage. The radio silence on socials from people involved is odd as well

From what I can piece together, Sasha was supposed to be in the WM main event  and got bumped for Ronda when she decided to come back. As a make good, they told her she would get a run with the tag titles (that were important to her, since the only time those belts mattered was when she and Bayley had them) where they would build them back up. They of course went on to break up all the other women's tag teams and continued not giving a shit about the belts. So when the next big plan presented to her was for her to do a job for the person she got bumped from a Mania main event for, you can see where this quickly became a "fuck this shit, I'm out" moment for her.

An interesting part of this is apparently Becky and Adam Pearce more or less had to improv the segment they did to rebook the main event. They were told what the plan was and put in front of a camera to make it happen.