Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 05/23 - 05/29 Scooby Doo and Scooby Don't

KawadaSmile

The "shoot" elements were Miz asking Bryan if he was so tough why wouldn't he just quit WWE and go wrestle somewhere else (which was something Bryan had actually done already by that point, but WWE didn't let him go).

Miz can cut good promos, the Talking Smack one might be his best one but he can talk for sure.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

Just noticed SANGA has the Shad Khan stash. That can't be a coincidence. 

It kinda is. He looked pretty much the same back in his Indus Sher days.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

I know it's a tag team so the dynamics are different, but Tony Baggadonuts' boys are already better in the ring that he is. 

One of them goombahs actually got squashed by Archer during the pandemic days. Seemed solid.

Its a weird story and I'm not sure what will eventually come out about it, but I don't think its as simple as the WWE thinking they were going to sell 65k seats and not getting anywhere close. I think there's more to it.

For example, there's some hubbub on r/SC that Nick Khan and Allegiant Stadium were hoping to sell closer to 25k-30k because the arena is sitting empty otherwise and the WWE was likely getting a "good deal." So maybe something bigger is now taking that date? I'm not sure what that would be - NASCAR? Springsteen? - and why it would be getting penciled in just 2 months prior, but that's one theory.

Also, I know here in Cleveland, I was gobsmacked to learn that comedian John Mulaney was going to be performing at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, the same arena where the Cavs play, in September. Mulaney is a popular stand-up, sure, but as far as I know, the biggest venue he's ever performed in in Cleveland is about a fifth the size of the FieldHouse. I assume that, again, the Rocket Mortgage people are looking at Mulaney's ticket sales and saying, "This guy is selling out a 3500 seat theater up the street on a random Wednesday, so if we have him play here, maybe he'll sell another 1000 tickets and we'll have 4500 people here on a night when the Cavs are out of town. He's never going to sell 20,000 tickets, but why let the State Theater get that business when that could be us?" 

So what changed? Did Allegiant Stadium get a better offer or does Vince maybe not like the idea of running a show in any stadium/arena that's only a third full?

I can totally see Vince thinking, "I'd rather be able to say we sold out a 17k-seat arena than sell 20k tickets in a stadium that holds 65k," especially as I feel like this was very much his strategy multiple times through the 80s and 90s. Like, I'm not sure how valid those attendance numbers are for AWA SuperClash I or WrestleRock 86' but, according to wikipedia, those shows did 20k+ tickets sold while the stadiums they were held in had capacities twice as big. It made those shows seem like flops despite them, if these numbers are accurate, having fairly decent attendance (more than WrestleManias IV and V, mind you).  

Just seems like there's some more analysis and insight that I'm curious to hear before I look at this as the same thing as what happened with WrestleMania VII

They were hoping to sell 30k tickets and barely got over half that,  considering it's July 4th weekend (which drives up the cost of flights) and UFC is doing a show at the same time basically across the street.  They didn't want the visual of a half empty stadium, I don't think there was much more to it than that.