Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 06/01 - 06/03 strap the rockets to WARDLOW

KawadaSmile

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I came into this thread expecting to see everyone gushing over that awful MJF segment.

Glad to be wrong.

His delivery was great. Alas, he was delivering dogshit instead of pizza.

I THOUGHT HIS DELIVERY WAS *SHIT.* YOU HEARD, ME, ABSOLUTE SHIT.

And that fucking "don't you dare cut me off" part to the production assistant...I've heard Michael Cole PPV ad-copy reads that sounded more organic and "real."

I mean it sounded like he was venting some real frustrations, and even got the crowd cheering for him which has never happened outside of Long Island.

I think a lot (all maybe?) of us have Russo PTSD and immediately have a kneejerk reaction to anything that teeters toward the shooty shoot side. This seemed more like Brian Pillman than Russo to me. I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he said, and for everyone to be all aghast about what he said after we spent all weekend wondering if he'd even be at the PPV seems disingenuous. Clearly him and Tony ironed some things out, and I'm willing to "let this play out" since unlike WWE they don't have a track record of fucking everything up in the end.

Well, I didn't like a ton of the Loose Cannon Pillman stuff, either. I had the same reaction in Prodigy chats in 1996 that I did tonight--what is the POINT? What match are we building to? Where's the money? And it's not that I care about a promotion making money per se, but I want my wrestling segments to be building to something that *I* want to see and maybe be willing to pay for.

Yeah, I know what Pillman was going for--a fat contract. Well, I don't give a fuck about Brian Pillman's finances. What was in it for us, the viewer? I don't think WCW had a clue and I'm not sure Pillman really did, either. The only guy who actually tried to utilize Pillman in a way to build to a match that people might care about and pay money to see was Heyman.

I thought it was ... boring? Not bad (or good), just incredibly boring.

I don't care about your personal problems with Tony Khan. This was amusing at first and after the weekend, I'm just annoyed by the topic. Either leave the company or don't.

I thought Dynamite was good this week otherwise.

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

He hit all the greatest hits: 

It's the REAL Max, not the character MJF. Ratings. Workrate. Star ratings. Ex-WWE guys. MARKS this and MARKS that. This shit is so tired. Dude could not have followed the template any closer than he did.

Wonder if it was his idea, or Tony’s.