Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 06/08 - 06/10 Lots of fuckery tonight bubbas!

KawadaSmile

1 minute ago, strobogo said:

Titles currently active in AEW

AEW World Championship

AEW Women's World Championship

AEW World Tag Team Championship

AEW TNT Championship

AEW TBS Championship

Owen Hart Foundation Men's Championship

Owen Hart Foundation Women's Championship

ROH World Championship

ROH Pure Championship

ROH TV Championship

ROH Tag Team Championship

AAA World Tag Team Championship

and now the AEW All Atlantic Championship that features brackets from countries in the Pacific. 

Not to mention the NJPW titles defended at Forbidden Door. 

Lmao.

The Owen belts aren't titles to be defended, it's just part of the deal for winning the tournament. 

Also we all knew AEW is modern day JCP, are we really surprised they have their own Mid Atlantic title now?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, sek69 said:

The Owen belts aren't titles to be defended, it's just part of the deal for winning the tournament. 

Also we all knew AEW is modern day JCP, are we really surprised they have their own Mid Atlantic title now?

I would be amazed if the Owen titles don't get defended 

I'm fairly certain once ROH gets TV or whatever the hell the plan is, we won't see those belts on AEW as much as we do now.

Also the only reason AAA titles get on US TV (anywhere) is because Konnan wants to remind people in the US that AAA exists since they keep fucking up their plans to get actual coverage here.

8 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

They have given Thunder Rosa fucking nothing for her reign, huh?

That's been my biggest issue with AEW. They do a great job building people up for title wins, then they do nothing in their reigns.

Thunder Rosa, Jurassic Express, Lucha Brothers, etc.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

He's also wildly popular so you might as well let the people do their BAY BAY chant even if we don't like it here on PWO. 

Adam Cole may be popular, but I have no evidence that he's over, as in actually drawing people's eyes to the TV. Hell, NXT 1.0 was built around him as it was getting killed by AEW when Joey Janela was still a major part of it's shows and ratings have stagnated as he's been pushed at the top of the card, so much that so that even Reddit is daring to critizing Saint Tony, savior of wrestling.

The reality is, yes, I don't doubt he gets a giant pop when he shows up. But, in reality, and this is not an insult becuase you need people like this - he's basically a Jim Duggan for the 2020's indy crowd - an over chant, but not appealing to anybody not already watching.

13 minutes ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

Adam Cole may be popular, but I have no evidence that he's over, as in actually drawing people's eyes to the TV. Hell, NXT 1.0 was built around him as it was getting killed by AEW when Joey Janela was still a major part of it's shows and ratings have stagnated as he's been pushed at the top of the card, so much that so that even Reddit is daring to critizing Saint Tony, savior of wrestling.

The reality is, yes, I don't doubt he gets a giant pop when he shows up. But, in reality, and this is not an insult becuase you need people like this - he's basically a Jim Duggan for the 2020's indy crowd - an over chant, but not appealing to anybody not already watching.

I think if we're being fair, that applies to all but like maybe 5 people on TV in American pro wrestling in 2022.

2 hours ago, strobogo said:

Titles currently active in AEW

AEW World Championship

AEW Women's World Championship

AEW World Tag Team Championship

AEW TNT Championship

AEW TBS Championship

Owen Hart Foundation Men's Championship

Owen Hart Foundation Women's Championship

ROH World Championship

ROH Pure Championship

ROH TV Championship

ROH Tag Team Championship

AAA World Tag Team Championship

and now the AEW All Atlantic Championship that features brackets from countries in the Pacific. 

Not to mention the NJPW titles defended at Forbidden Door. 

Lmao.

It's not like New Japan doesn't have about the same amounts of belts than AEW has and they have half their roster.

I think Tony Khan is overwhelmed. Between AEW, the ROH acquisition, Forbidden Door, the MJF situation (depending on what if anything is real there), the Warner/Discovery merger, injuries, plus having a hand in running their sports teams and other businesses it’s too much for one man to handle. Hopefully he can find some people he trusts to help before he burns out. I think we are seeing signs he’s taken on too much, and AEW is starting to suffer for it. 

19 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

It's not like New Japan doesn't have about the same amounts of belts than AEW has and they have half their roster.

Yeah even after combining the IWGP and IC titles they have

IWGP World 

IWGP US

IWGP JR

IWGP Tag

IWGP Jr Tag

Never

Never 6 man 

Rev Pro UK title is defended here a lot

New Japan Strong (even if it's technically their version of the NXT title)

KOPW is basically treated like a title

1 hour ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

Cole and company had been on top in NXT for a really long time when AEW first started. They were already tired as top guys along with Gargano and Chiampa. AEW was hot and new and Janella wasn't on top. Omega, Jericho, the Bucks, and Cody were.

No offense, but it's getting to be hilarious to read people walking tightropes trying to reconcile their hatred of Cole with his popularity. I think people should just admit that they're projecting their HBK hate onto him. Especially cause he looks like him if he was shrunk in the dryer.

Tony Khan is proving himself to be a fine matchmaker. I'm no longer convinced that he's a particularly good booker. All the really compelling and logically-booked stuff seems to always revolve around Punk and/or MJF (and I say this as someone who hated MJF's promo last week--both the material and the delivery itself). 

O'Reilly-Moxley was a great match, hands down, no questions asked. "Great matches" in the star-rating sense are a dime a dozen nowadays. Give me a match that I'm compelled by and invested in who wins or loses that's *almost* as good as that one instead.

And it's not just that Adam Cole sucks, which he does--it's that he's horribly, horribly, horribly overexposed. AEW usually cycles guys off TV for a bit if they lose big blowoff or gimmick matches, but Cole was right back on TV after both Revolution and his Texas Death Match, none the worse for wear either time. When was the last time he wasn't on a damned Dynamite?

Is he still popular? Fuck if I know or care. When has PWO ever concerned itself with who's popular when actually reviewing shows?

It's Pro Wrestling. Since when do we discount the most important part of pro wrestling? No one chants "Adam Cole Bay Bay!" just because of a Pavlovian response. He's fucking over and being over is the most important part of being a pro wrestler. And lots of folks do think he's great. I think he's great. I hate the Panama Sunrise but he's great. He takes an ass kicking better than most guys, especially heels. Coles selling is fantastic.