Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 06/08 - 06/10 Lots of fuckery tonight bubbas!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Johnny Sorrow said:

Thanks man. Now I have a reason to watch Dark.

Taz sings to select theme songs. They talk about him having a helicopter and submarine. Taz jokes how Excalibur’s Tiger Driver 98 is the most dangerous move in wrestling history and how he’s the second best masked wrestler after Super Strong Strong Machine. It’s basically Monsoon and Heenan talking over a bunch of squashes and fun mid-card matches, except for they’re both sort of Heenan. Though Taz is great at explaining stuff like Shafir’s hip attacks before her throw. 

That sounds like when Monsoon and Hayes would just talk about whatever on house shows. I'm in. Kal Rudman and Dick Graham are the greatest WWF announce team of all time because of how  crazy and improvised they were. There were SO MANY Spectrum matches that would have stunk if not for them. I want to hear about how Kal, Martel, and Garea were hitting the discos in Philly as Kal drools over any mention of Tony Atlas while Scicluna was fighting Steve Travis in a dud.

Lot to love as far as in-ring stuff, as always. Give me KOR every week in a big match. The guy is terrific. Funny thing, I'm willing to bet everything Regal & Danielson would say he's terrific and love his work. Matthews vs PAC was everything I want from AEW. Kris Statlander has finally figured out what works for her the best. Cool match with Red Velvet. Storm vs Rosa hopefully bangs hard. That Will Ospreay & Aussie Open vs FTR & Beretta match, holy shit. Ospreay in AEW seems both surreal and makes total sense. This opens an infinite number of awesome possibilities.

On the other hand, now that the MJF feud is over, sorry, but I could not care less about Wardlow powerbombing 20 guys. And the day he's put in the main event mix is the day I watch AEW PPV's through Very Legal Means too. That promo was shit too, although not his fault. Yeah, let's bury the interim champion deal we're building as the main event for Forbidden Door and bury the TNT title too with the dreaded "The title has been disrespected" stuff which *never works* and *always underlines bad booking*. I know, I've seen countless promos in TNA about "rebuilding the X-division" and "rebuilding the Knockouts division".

And really now.I think this is the very first time when I legit lol at AEW for making a really stupid decision. Nothing about this All Atlantic title works. Not the name (gotta love the NJPW announcers at Dominion making light of it by saying technically every ocean mix with each other), not the tournaments ending at Forbidden Door with a 3/1 ration of AEW/NJPW guys, not the fact that the LAST thing AEW needs on its TV is another title. Expect for the trios, because it would be different. But adding another midcard single title is just completely useless and dilutes the value of the TNT title even more. Damn Tony, what were you thinking with that one.

4 hours ago, El-P said:

And really now.I think this is the very first time when I legit lol at AEW for making a really stupid decision. Nothing about this All Atlantic title works. Not the name (gotta love the NJPW announcers at Dominion making light of it by saying technically every ocean mix with each other), not the tournaments ending at Forbidden Door with a 3/1 ration of AEW/NJPW guys, not the fact that the LAST thing AEW needs on its TV is another title. Expect for the trios, because it would be different. But adding another midcard single title is just completely useless and dilutes the value of the TNT title even more. Damn Tony, what were you thinking with that one.

Well, you'll be glad to know New Japan is really busting out the big guns for their entrant. https://www.f4wonline.com/news/new-japan/njpw-reveals-details-on-aew-all-atlantic-title-qualifying-match

17 minutes ago, Migs said:

Well, you'll be glad to know New Japan is really busting out the big guns for their entrant. https://www.f4wonline.com/news/new-japan/njpw-reveals-details-on-aew-all-atlantic-title-qualifying-match

Yeah, no shit, I saw that one. And I mean, Clark Connors is great and all, but nothing screams "Big dream matches PPV between AEW and NJPW" like a 4 way with the sole NJPW guy being Clark Connors. And honestly, even with Ishii, that's a waste. Why not Ishii in a dream match instead ? That's the only selling point of the PPV, Dream Fucking Matches, not multi-people clusters with 3 AEW people for a stupid new title. Gotta say though, making up yet another title is very much a NJPW move. Not a good one mind you, but very NJPW in spirit. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:45 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

That sounds like when Monsoon and Hayes would just talk about whatever on house shows. I'm in. Kal Rudman and Dick Graham are the greatest WWF announce team of all time because of how  crazy and improvised they were. There were SO MANY Spectrum matches that would have stunk if not for them. I want to hear about how Kal, Martel, and Garea were hitting the discos in Philly as Kal drools over any mention of Tony Atlas while Scicluna was fighting Steve Travis in a dud.

So did you watch Dark this week? The banter was pretty good as usual. Important stuff about using the water cooler they're trying to fit under the announce desk (next to Taz's coffee machine) to provide water to the Wingmen's 3-piece band that they bring in just for the Dark tapings. Also how Excalibur tiger drivers everyone that causes him trouble.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

So did you watch Dark this week? The banter was pretty good as usual. Important stuff about using the water cooler they're trying to fit under the announce desk (next to Taz's coffee machine) to provide water to the Wingmen's 3-piece band that they bring in just for the Dark tapings. Also how Excalibur tiger drivers everyone that causes him trouble.

I'll check it out this weekend.