Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/13 - 06/19 Lots of new WWE recruits!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was watching Eddie Kingston vs Jake Hager, it occurred to me it was exactly a symbol of AEW's global approach (with a few exceptions like Satnam Singh which honestly could disappear from view already) vs WWE's approach. Jake Hager is 100% what they search for with this program : a tall jock looking guy with legit athletic background. Whereas Eddie Kingston is a pro-wrestling nerd with a beer gut. One is awesome, the other, much less so, in no particular order. WWE turning into Jocks-Influencers Entertainment in the future makes it even less appealing than it already is (of course there will always be exceptions, Bianca Belair being the obvious one right now).

What is crazy is that Hager was actually decent in WWE, but dude was so fucking boring, one can't even remember he held the WHC at one point. 

WWE's recruiting process also reminds me of when they managed to get Stacey Ervin Jr., Simone Biles ex-boyfriend and actually a very good gymnast, who had the looks and charisma. Dude got a concussion and said "yep, this is not for me". I believe it's the case for many, many people, hyper-athletic or not. Even linemen in AmFoot have a very short shelf life due to head trauma, imagine removing the protective gear. 

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Even linemen in AmFoot have a very short shelf life due to head trauma, imagine removing the protective gear. 

I think this is why a lot of people who get into wrestling with (American) football backgrounds are usually ones who didn't have much of a career. Not that high school/college ball doesn't take a toll, but most of them are either folks who didn't get drafted by the NFL or only made it through training camp. I think Baron Corbin is the only one who had an semblance of a football career.

Also it should be telling that someone who has a gymnastic background, which is a sport as physically grueling as it gets, is like "nah I'm good" after spending time in WWE.

25 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

ZEKE FREAKS! this gimmick is so stupid it kinda rocks

Yes it's turned that corner where he's so dumb it went all the way around to being awesome. TBH it shouldn't be slept on how great KO has been in getting this over.

I like how Riddle has that Foley-like quality of being able to flip mid promo from the funny happy guy to the serious badass without missing a beat. It's one of those skills that is harder to pull off than it looks, since how many times have we heard folks try to switch gears and sound either over scripted or someone who is ACT-ING too much. 

26 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Lash Legend could've been in the WNBA for real? Damn. No wonder she is the only one touching Bianca's records at the PC. 

Yeah she apparently was quite the baller, to think if it wasn't for covid fucking up real sports for good bit she would have had an entirely different life. 

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

The next few shows are taped. I think he still has a couple of weeks before he gets Poochie'd.

Last week, they taped tonight's and next week's episode. So they're back live on June 28th, that gives them enough time to explain out how Two Dimes is written off.