Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 06/13 - 06/19 Lots of new WWE recruits!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Yeah but the crowds were booing Roman out of every building he was in, and they weren’t remotely ready to turn him heel at that point. I not only think the Rollins cash-in was a good ending to the match, I think it’s literally the only thing they could have done that wouldn’t have pissed everybody off.

I dunno, bubba. At that match, the crowd was actually going 50/50 and even when he beat Sheamus for the belt, the crowd was happy for it. I think that by doing the cash-in, they ended up with two problems: a lackluster title reign which ended up hurting Rollins (literally and figuratively), and having Roman, the bigger star, doing fuck all in the upper-mid card. 

Yeah, people forget that when Roman was actually treated like an ass kicking babyface, he got better reactions. They were just too focused on underdog Roman for whatever reason. 

But yeah, I'll die on the hill that Roman should've won at WM 31, had his long face title reign to Summerslam or Survivor Series, and then they could've made an actual decision instead of the heel run that actually killed RAW ratings (look - the first time RAW's drop in ratings outpaced cable TV in general was Rollins as top heel. To be fair, that's also the period when Cena became the US title guy and not as full-time, which I think was the larger reason, but it's fun to dunk on Seth). 

On 6/18/2022 at 1:35 PM, KawadaSmile said:

I dunno, bubba. At that match, the crowd was actually going 50/50 and even when he beat Sheamus for the belt, the crowd was happy for it. I think that by doing the cash-in, they ended up with two problems: a lackluster title reign which ended up hurting Rollins (literally and figuratively), and having Roman, the bigger star, doing fuck all in the upper-mid card. 

It was less than three months from Rock’s shoot “wtf, why are they booing him” look. They were booing Roman when he came out iirc, they got on his side because it was a great match where he played the babyface in peril perfectly.