Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 06/22 - 06/24 Steph Curry is top 10 of all time

KawadaSmile

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could they be switching Daniel Garcia over to BCC to wrestle Sabre and take Danielsons B&G's spot?

He wasn't part of the show closing brawl last night, he is a great technical wrestler, a loss to ZSJ wouldn't hurt him, and he isn't needed on the JAS team since they have Sammy now.

They could even use Sammy joining as his motivation for leaving.

The only thing that makes me sorta doubt it's Claudio is that he should've showed up last night if he was the replacement to build some hype. Maybe it's an awesome wrestler that wouldn't create that much buzz (which, to be fair, goes in line with a lot of Tony's reveals) so I could see him being Gresham, Thatcher or even Busick. 

I think a lot of people are clamoring for Cesaro to be the mystery opponent and I can see why. He can work pretty much any style and has a good history with Danielson.

Other options could potentially be Chris Hero or Jonathan Gresham.

Personally, I'd lean towards Gresham because if he beats ZSJ (who I honestly don't know much about), then that'd be a big springboard towards a potential ROH re-launch and would help get him back on the map as I feel he's sort of fallen off recently after TK bought ROH and hasn't made as much noise in the Indies like he did at the beginning of the year.

Wheeler Yuta might be another choice too since he's already aligned with BCC and is the ROH Pure Champion. Heck, they could even make it a title match if that's the case.

Chris Hero would be cool too.

One thing to keep in mind thought is that whoever fills in against ZSJ will also most likely be the fill in for Danielson during Blood & Guts.

Busick would be a great replacement, not so much in terms of fan reaction, but he'd have a great match with ZSJ and fits the Blackpool Combat Club dynamic perfectly. Same with Thatcher TBH.

Another reason I don't think it's Cesaro is that he'd be debuting in the faction, but would already be placed behind Danielson and Moxley, whereas you'd think he'd be a bigger deal if he debuted in AEW.

I'm going to Blood and Guts so have a vested interest in this. Obviously, I would prefer Danielson was healthy enough to do the match, but if it means Claudio finally coming in, that would be a very acceptable turn of events. It would also make sense for dickhead Danielson to replace himself with Kingston's arch nemesis.

I'd be majorly let down if it ended up being Gresham or Busick. Thatcher would be pretty neat. Windham would make zero sense but would be a great holy shit reveal. 

Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Shaquille O'Neal

That's 11 that I would definitely have above Steph Curry. As more time passes I can see more people falling out of favor with Larry Bird due to not having the longevity that a lot of greats have but I'm an Indiana boy, so he'll always be in my top ten. And I didn't even list guys like Malone, Barkley or Dr. J.

ANYWAY...

Orange Cassidy is a one note joke, admittedly, but people still find it amusing, much like Danhausen, so it doesn't bother me in that sense. It is perplexing when they try to treat him as a serious competitor instead of the comedy character he is though. But even that sometimes can work. Remember the Royal Rumble when Santino wasn't actually eliminated & they made it look like he might win the whole thing when he came back into the ring? That being said, I actually think that the Yano/Orange match suggested would have more room to be entertaining. I think it's a slippery slope to judge a characters use/push on what merch they move though.

I'll say only one thing : Young Bucks in the same ring against Hiromu & Shingo Takagi. Ok. Don't give a fuck about anything. This > everything. 

This is shaping up to be quite ok despite all the timing and injuries issues. Okada is such a trooper. 

I thought Cesaro. But then again he's supposed to be back in the fold in WWE. Then I thought Gargano. Which would make more heads explode than Orange vs Ospreay already is (it's gonna be great anyway). I gather if it was a big name that is known, they would announce it to boost the PPV. So I would guess a guy like Thatcher (who has done shows in NOAH but I don't think they have signed him) or Busick is more like it. Hey, Killer Kross would be funny for me because of more heads exploding, as I always enjoyed the guy in LU and IMPACT (in a "He's pretty good" way, ok, let's not get crazy here) and have nothing against him at all (and he looked good against Suzuki during Mania week-end). Gresham vs ZSJ would SLAY, but I don't think he's a good fit for Blood & Guts, plus he's a ROH guy involved in ROH stuff (whatever that means) and probably still injured.

Luchasaurus is the new Tomko. :lol:

Tony Storm is taking the division by, pun massively intended, storm. Best Shafir match thus far (I really like Shafir's style, I hope they don't give up on her). Hopefully they have that excellent match with Rosa.

The whole point of the Orange Cassidy character is that he's a serious threat when he actually tries but is usually too lazy to bother. It should be obvious how the match at Forbidden Door will go. Ospreay will be a prick in the early going because he thinks this shit is beneath him, OC will eventually snap and give Ospreay all he can handle before going down. Basically the same deal as the PAC match from a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't say I'm excited about any of the FD matches, but of the lot of them, Cassidy driving Ospreay (who buys into his own shit as a character) nuts seems to be one of the more appealing aspects of the entire show. And it only works if Cassidy can also go when the time is right. My only worry is that they'd decide that the time is right way too soon.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:09 PM, Embrodak said:

How is one to take Ospreay as a credible threat for future collabs if he somehow struggles to put away Orange fucking Cassidy? 

Jericho lost to Orange twice in back to back matches and remains a viable threat, so I think Ospreay will be okay. Basically everyone at least struggles with Orange from Omega to Pac to Adam Cole.

Remember when the usual suspects lost their shit when Omega gave a bunch of offense to (I think it was) Alan Angels before he got signed? So many hands being wrung over the AEW champ being made to look weak by having to struggle to beat a jobber, but what was the result of that? Kenny had a bunch of PPV matches that did numbers and the jobber got a contract out of it. 

11 hours ago, Alucard said:

Jericho lost to Orange twice in back to back matches and remains a viable threat, so I think Ospreay will be okay. Basically everyone at least struggles with Orange from Omega to Pac to Adam Cole.

Jericho has been on national television for 30 years, but also, he's a cringy joke at this point, for a variety of reasons.