Pro Wrestling Only

The Iron Claw: Zac Efron and director Sean Durkin to film a movie about the Von Erichs

flyonthewall2983

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

About the only way you could make a movie about the Von Erichs fun without taking significant artistic liberties would be to end the story on May 6, 1984.

I wonder if perhaps they tell the story in a way that's not chronological and they do end here? Could show the ends for some in flash forwards or something.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Von Erich movie I would be interested in seeing would end with cancer-stricken Fritz getting left by Doris (though apparently this happened before Kerry killed himself - I thought it was the other way around) and Fritz finally realizing that he is responsible for the deaths of four of his six sons (and I am sure that in a movie they could take enough creative license to make Fritz feel responsible for the death of Jack Jr. as well). And it should definitely contain a scene where Fritz tells Kevin that if he had any guts he would shoot himself as well.

• flyonthewall2983 changed the title to The Iron Claw: Zac Efron and director Sean Durkin to film a movie about the Von Erichs
On 11/2/2022 at 2:15 PM, Robert S said:

The only Von Erich movie I would be interested in seeing would end with cancer-stricken Fritz getting left by Doris (though apparently this happened before Kerry killed himself - I thought it was the other way around) and Fritz finally realizing that he is responsible for the deaths of four of his six sons (and I am sure that in a movie they could take enough creative license to make Fritz feel responsible for the death of Jack Jr. as well). And it should definitely contain a scene where Fritz tells Kevin that if he had any guts he would shoot himself as well.

I'm sure he did feel responsible since after it happened he never went back to the Northeast and let Waldo keep using the Von Erich name in the WWWF. 

I'm really interested in how they present Fritz pushing his kids into an industry that at least two had no business in. Mike never wanted to be a wrestler, he wanted to be a camera man but after David died he had to be the replacement Von Erich so the Freebirds feud could keep going. Chris wanted to be a wrestler, but physically couldn't but no one would tell him no. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...