Pro Wrestling Only

The Benoit murders 6 months later

Bix

The reports states that three prescription bottles for Nancy Benoit of the narcotic hydrocodone (Lorcet) were also found.

One was filled June 19 at CVS in Peachtree City, and 82 of the original 120 remained, the respot states.

A second bottle of hydrocodone prescribed to Nancy was filled June 9 with 120 pills at Publix in Peachtree City. The bottle was empty, according to the report.

And a third bottle prescribed for Nancy Benoit was filled May 30 at the PTC CVS for 120 pills. The report says this bottle was also empty.

Each bottle had apparently been prescribed by the family’s physician, Dr. Phil Astin of Carrollton, the report says.

Prescription bottles of hydrocodone (Lorcet) for Chris Benoit were also found, according to the report.

One bottle was for 120 pills, and was filled June 22, the reports says, and 85 remained. A second bottle was prescribed to Chris Benoit for 120 pills on June 8 and none remained, and a third bottle, prescribed Dec. 1, 2006, and of the 150, 81 remained, the report says.

Again, the report says each bottle had apparently been prescribed by Dr. Astin.

Nancy died on June 22, 2007.

Scrips for hydrocodone (marketed under Lorcet brand and also Vicodin) and what was taken:

May 30: 120 / 120 taken

June 9: 120 / 120 taken

June 19: 120 / 38 taken

278 hydrocodone/lorcet taken from roughly May 30 to June 22. Roughly 11-12 a day. I'm guessing a 2 every 4 hours type of scrip to justify refilling that every 10 days. Post surgery 2 every 4 hours of something like this isn't out of the ordinary... but an unending supply is some serious shit.

For Chris:

June 8: 120 / 120 taken

June 22: 120 / 35 taken

With Chris, lord knows what else he may have obtained on the road and dumped on the road. He clearly chumped a boatload in his final day+ of life. 35 on the day he killed Nancy on through the period he killed Daniel and then himself.

John

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the coroner said that the levels of Hydrocodone in both their bodies were at therapeutic levels (of course, he also said that he couldn't determine whether or not the testosterone was at abusive levels...). The actual dosage really matters more than the number of pills.

I'm willing to bet that it was at the higher end of the per pill scale than the lower end.

That the bodies were so far gone that definative tox wasn't possible to determin "in therapeutic levels" can be seen 35 of Benoit's tabs being gone in a *day*, possibly a day and a half. I can't think of any in therapeutic need where Benoit would need to pop 35 Lorcet tabs in a day.

There was the note that Benoit doped up Daniel to put him out before killing him. I can't imagine Chris using enough Lorcets on Daniel that it would reduce the number of those 35 to what Chris himself took to be at a therapeutic need level.

We know both of them were abusing painkillers and other drugs at above therapeutic levels. Both had built up their tolerances to painkillers to a great deal.

John

Then so much for there being therapeutic levels of Lorcet in the bodies. Can you think of any therapeutic prescription that would recommend a dosage of 35 tabs per day or day-and-a-half?

Perhaps a cancer victim down the stretch, but they likely would give something else in a stronger mg dosage needing less tabs per taking.

John

That dose is what I was getting at.

It will be interesting to see what Dr. Astin was write scrips for to Chris and Nancy going back several years, and not just what was found. They weren't taking a lightweight amount of drugs. We of course knew/know that. It's what Astin is going to get fucked in the ass over. He pretty much was running a drug pushing operation.

John

It's been mentioned by Dave Meltzer, but it's extremely bizarre that Astin's only been charged with overprescribing painkillers to Rey Mysterio & Mark Jindrak (in numbers that honestly weren't that big, especially compared to the Benoits, though obviously Mysterio raises red flags since he lives in San Diego) when we've heard so much about the overprescribed testosterone for Benoit and now the overprescribed Lorcet for both Chris & Nancy.

What's worse, rumors that Benoit was cheating with a WWE Diva which led to a domestic dispute ending in carnage, or that again WWE attorneys are jumping all over this to prove the company can't be blamed for the deaths:

Benoit's wife may have been planning to leave him

New details from investigation could affect wrongful deaths suits

By JOHN HOLLIS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/15/08

Recently released details may have shed new light as to why professional wrestler Chris Benoit murdered his family, and that information could prove critical in any potential wrongful death suit against World Wrestling Entertainment.

According to documents released this week by the Fayette County Sheriff's Office, Nancy Benoit suspected her husband was having an affair with a WWE "diva," a scantily clad female who appears ringside.

• More Fayette news

A friend of hers told investigators that Nancy Benoit was contemplating leaving him when Chris Benoit killed her and Daniel, the couple's 7-year-old son, before taking his own life at the family's Fayetteville home in late June.

"She told me to promise her that if anything ever happened to her, make sure that Chris was investigated," Pamela Hildebrand Clark testified in an affidavit. "She said she had a bad feeling that something was going to happen, and she just couldn't shake it."

The revelations provide the first insight of any kind as to what may have triggered the tragedy that has grabbed both national and international headlines.

They could also make it much more difficult for the estates of both Chris and Nancy Benoit to paint the WWE, Chris Benoit's employer, as negligent or somehow responsible.

"I think this absolutely, positively proves this was a domestic dispute," WWE attorney John Taylor said. "There is a clear motive for murder here. This is not the product of concussions or steroids."

The report also stated that Chris Benoit and his wife had also been arguing over a life insurance policy he had that covered Daniel and two other children from a previous marriage.

Nancy Benoit had also complained of her husband being unable to perform in the bedroom, her sister, Sandra Toffoloni, told investigators. Chris Benoit was found to have abnormally high levels of testosterone in his body at the time of his death.

The Chris and Nancy Benoit estates are considering wrongful death suits against the WWE that could be filed as early as this spring, attorneys for the two sides have said.

Michael Benoit, the deceased wrestler's father and the administrator of his estate, has charged the professional wrestling organization was at fault for not properly taking care of the numerous concussions his son suffered while performing over the years.

Rick Decker, the Atlanta attorney who represents the Toffolonis, Nancy Benoit's family, said he wasn't surprised by the results of the investigation and took the news in stride.

"I don't think anything in the report changes what we're doing for the Toffoloni family or anything we're doing in the case," he said.

Can't you just picture that WWE lawyer doing a Hornswoggle-like dance of glee as he said that? Now all they have to do is throw a random diva under the bus and they can go back to the way things used to be without having to deal with learning any life lessons.

Some reporter likely called and they gave the company line. Do you expect them to give a different answer naming the concussions in the face of a million dollar lawsuit?

Companies in WWE's position are legally compelled to avoid making incriminating statements, less it comes back to bite them. You can't take anything they say seriously.

Especially since millions of dudes have been faced with the idea of their wife leaving them with the kids, and not too many thought the best solution was murder-suicide.

Some reporter likely called and they gave the company line. Do you expect them to give a different answer naming the concussions in the face of a million dollar lawsuit?

They should have just done what every company does in the face of possible legal action, decline a comment while offering condolences to the family. WWE, on the other hand decides to hang on any possible rumor that they can use to prove "IT WASN'T THEIR FAULT". Fragile X, anyone?

At this point, it's pretty clear that years of concussions left Benoit in a mental state prone to sudden violence. There's just too many examples of former football and hockey players who've suffered repeated concussions having problems later in life, some even had instances of becoming violent towards their families in eerily similar circumstances to Benoit (without the same final result, obviously). That's not to say WWE is 100% to blame for what happened, but it's also clear there are cases of them having a "don't ask-don't tell" policy when it comes to brain injury. If this would go to trial, one would think that WWE would be in trouble if anyone on the other side has a copy of "Beyond the Mat".

Paul Heyman chimes in w/ a blog post at The Sun.

There's the young girl who got caught up in the wrestling business as a teenager, ended up leaving the business to become a full time mother, whose professional legacy and even worse, whose brutal murder has been eclipsed by the remembrances of what a "good guy" and a "great wrestler" and a "wonderful family man" and a "respected co-worker" her killer was.

And there's a seven-year-old boy, whose room was filled with posters and action figures of his revered father, who has been wrongfully labelled across the world as being a dwarf, or retarded, or a sufferer of Fragile-X, whose wrongly-reported disabilities have been speculated as the cause of the marital strife that many say drove the little boy's beloved father, the murderer, over the edge.

Of course, Paul E. quickly swept under the carpet talk of concussions, brain damage and drug problems, which is part and parcel of his ECW legacy.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. He doesn't harp on them, but he certainly seems to think that they were a factor.

Of course, Paul E. quickly swept under the carpet talk of concussions, brain damage and drug problems, which is part and parcel of his ECW legacy.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. He doesn't harp on them, but he certainly seems to think that they were a factor.

True, but personally I'm tired of the whole "I don't understand the tragedy and have given up trying, so lets carry on with business as usual" attitude that pervades the whole industry, which is basically what his whole article boiled down to.

True, but personally I'm tired of the whole "I don't understand the tragedy and have given up trying, so lets carry on with business as usual" attitude that pervades the whole industry, which is basically what his whole article boiled down to.

I think that's what bothers me the most with all this. It's why stuff like editing shows bothers me too, not because we're going to miss out on **** matches, but because it makes it easier for people to carry on as if nothing ever happened. Some folks have the blinders on so tight it makes you wonder how they don't suffocate. WWE as a company has been so successful with getting people to accept that death is a part of the business, it's actually scary how quickly went from "wow this is a tremendously fucked up situation" to "who's going to be on the next PPV?".

• 1 month later...

http://muchnick.net/babylon/2008/03/28/ben...s-last-message/

Benoit 911 Call: WWE Security Chief Gave Wrong Day of Wrestler’s Last Message

March 28th, 2008

MARCH 28, 2008 – In the call to 911 just before the corpses of Chris Benoit and his wife and son were discovered last year, World Wrestling Entertainment’s chief of security twice stated the wrong day for the wrestler’s final cryptic text messages, an investigation by author Irvin Muchnick has revealed.

This finding raises new questions about the circumstances surrounding WWE’s Benoit tribute show, which aired on the USA cable network on Monday night, June 25, 2007. The company has defended the show by maintaining that it did not yet know that Chris Benoit had strangled his wife Nancy with a cord, snapped 7-year-old Daniel’s neck with a variation of his “Crippler Crossface” wrestling hold, and suspended himself by the throat from a basement gym weight-machine pulley.

The recording of the call to the Fayette County (Georgia) 911 Communications Center, obtained by Muchnick through a public records request, shows that at 1:16 p.m. Eastern time Monday, WWE’s Dennis Fagan requested a “welfare check” on the Benoit home. Benoit had missed WWE events in Beaumont, Texas, on Saturday night, and in Houston on Sunday night. After first missing his Saturday flight from Atlanta to Houston, he also failed to arrive on the Sunday morning flight that WWE officials scheduled for him, according to the company’s June 26, 2007, news release.

The WWE timeline further notes that in the early morning hours on Sunday, Benoit left a series of text messages for two other wrestlers highlighting his street address in Fayetteville.

But in the Monday call captured on the 911 audio, Fagan, a retired New York City Police Department detective who directs WWE security, gives a chronology that is off by 24 hours. He says, “At three o’clock this morning there was a message left for one of the other wrestlers. And basically it says, ‘The dogs are in the backyard. The back door is open. Goodbye.’ And that’s it.”

Author Muchnick said: “I have played the recording repeatedly to determine if Fagan spoke ambiguously or in confusion. The fair conclusion is that he did not. For example, if the theory is that he meant Sunday morning rather than Monday morning, because he had just been referring to Benoit’s failure to show up for the Sunday pay-per-view, that theory is dispelled by Fagan’s repetition of the error a few seconds later. In a completely neutral context. Fagan emphatically says a second time, ‘That message was left at three o’clock this morning …’”

The audio, lasting a little less than three minutes, can be heard at http://muchnick.net/Benoit911.mp3.

While Fagan’s misstatement is clear, Muchnick said, the reason for it is not. “I reached Fagan by phone yesterday [Thursday]. He immediately told me that he would have nothing to say about the matter and that I would have to talk about it with Rich Hering [WWE’s vice president for governmental relations].”

Muchnick added: “I hesitate to say Fagan lied to 911, because the possibility exists that he did not willfully tell an untruth. But in that case, other disturbing questions arise. If WWE executives did not get their own chief of security faithfully briefed on the facts prior to his being assigned to call 911, then what does that tell us about how urgent an effort they were making to get to the bottom of what had happened to the Benoit family over the weekend?

“Critics would speculate that WWE chairman Vince McMahon knew that the incident was a double homicide/suicide well before he went on the air at 8 p.m. Eastern time with the tribute to Benoit on Monday Night Raw. This new information that Fagan, seven hours earlier, had participated in the creation of an inaccurate record in his 911 call fuels those accusations.”

In an email to Muchnick, Gary Davis, WWE’s vice president of corporate communications, did not dispute the facts of this report. “I’m unsure of the point you’re trying to make,” Davis said.

Muchnick is author of Wrestling Babylon: Piledriving Tales of Drugs, Sex, Death, and Scandal. He is one of four co-authors of Benoit: Wrestling with the Horror That Destroyed a Family and Crippled a Sport, and is working on the forthcoming Chris and Nancy: The True Story of the Benoit Murder-Suicide and Pro Wrestling’s Cocktail of Death. All are published by ECW Press (http://ecwpress.com).

The Wrestling Babylon website is http://wrestlingbabylon.com. The blog is http://muchnick.net/babylon.

According to the WON, some text messages retrieved from Benoit's cell phone that were sent by Nancy to Chris on 5/9/2007.

"I will not accept this steroid induced roller coaster ride of emotional abuse. Ignoring the problem or running away isn't going to help you face it. You need professional (help) and only if you're fully honest about all of it."

"Get off the stuff. It's obvious (you're on). I'm probably not the only one who can see and we both know the wellness program is a joke."

"Are you trying to say this is how you grew up, watching your dad call your mom names and making her cry? No. Then what gives you the right."

I got this from Powell at prowrestling.net, but he credited the WON as his source.

Yeah, the Benoit story in the 4/2 WON is weird, heavy, and creepy to read. Really bizarre to get an insight into their relationship in Nancy's own words, as well as the odd side effect of getting a direct quote from CM Punk apologizing for a clusterfuck tag on ECW by going through all of his texts.