Pro Wrestling Only

"He's ambitiously stupid" - Why Scott Keith's new book is scary bad

Bix

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't copyright news, or facts, or rumors. The daily updates aren't lifted wholesale, they're paraphrased. You can't sue somebody for posting an email either--once you send it, the expectation of privacy is effectively waived and the receiver is free to do with it as he wishes. Scherer is full of shit.

It takes a special brand of dumb to make Keith look like a sympathetic figure of virtue.

He sent insane emails to the guy and Scott and then threatened to sue the guy and Scott if they published the emails.

I have the emails and they are hilarious

I have buried in my e-mail archive a load of e-mails from Mr. Schemer from back in the day, be it directed at me, that cc'd me, or that people forwarded to me knowing what I thought of him. Hilarious doesn't begin to cover it. It gives me comfort to see that he's just a vile as he's always been. ;)

Guest Eduardo James

Off topic, was the message board that was referred to on the PWInsider podcast CZWfans.com? Sounded very similar to what happened to that place and Mike Johnson used to post there.

Off topic, was the message board that was referred to on the PWInsider podcast CZWfans.com? Sounded very similar to what happened to that place and Mike Johnson used to post there.

I believe so. CZWfans trolled the Markout message board - a group of crazy/unsavoury Wrestling and general Celebrity autograph hunters. Things they would do included pretending to be wheelchair bound so that could cut autograph lines or get more face time with Wrestlers. The people who ran CZWfans were WWE employees at intern level and things like that.

Stepping away from the Keith/Bayless vs. PWI feud for a moment...

What exactly is Keith's deal with The Sporting News? There's no way to find his stuff from their main site. Is he part of some contributor network?

Bob Ryder sued the owner of a1wrestling and one of its message board posters in 2001. Can't believe him and Scherer are still running wild on da internet.

That was a hoot. Bob took him to local court in Louisiana with one of the dumbass complaints that I've ever seen.

It's truly amazing that Ryder and Scherer are still somehow making money from pro-wrestling.

Ryder still is?

I know Scherer has his site. Kudos to him for making a living off of the business. There is some irony to that given how he use to frame Meltzer and Keller in contrast to his own "I'm just a Fan" nonsense.

Guest Eduardo James

Ryder is with TNA. Not sure if he has to maintain a side gig at Sunglass Hut to get by, but he's still employed within wrestling.

I believe Bob is still a travel agent for TNA.

He was moved to talent relations for a brief well. Between the period Bruce Pritchard was let go and John Gabruick.

He beat Cancer in 2013. No idea what kind but it seemed a fairly serious form.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for any errors in the timelines or major omissions and such, it's late and I wanted to make sure I hit the big points while the iron was hot.

A shining example of Skeith's work ethic. It may not be accurate, but I had to get it done on time!

To be fair to Keith, this sentence could be part of any sports pundit "hot take" on the vast majority of sports news, and those people actually had journalistic training. At least Keith has the honesty to include it.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bumping this thread, kaufman316, it's a great read. It's kind of amazing that despite all the obvious, easily-correctable errors that Scott commits he's still out there pumping out content for almost 20 years.

Like a lot of folks in this thread, Scott's stuff was some of the first I came upon when I got online, and I hung on his every word for a while. I don't regret that period in my fandom, though - through his work, and moreso the communities that sprung up around his work, I found places like Meltzer, tOA, DVDVR (and after a long break PWO) where my perspectives were broadened considerably.