Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
Bix

"He's ambitiously stupid" - Why Scott Keith's new book is scary bad

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Strummer said:

The WWE diehards at .Scott's site seem to fall for it every time. Anytime AEW is even slightly praised or even mentioned they blow a gasket. Obviously that's why he keeps doing it 

 

There are also AEW fans who freak out too. It goes both ways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, finding out that Scott still has a following in 2021 is like finding out there is still a contingent of like....Color Me Badd fans out there or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the Comments sections (for the most part) and Brian Bayless' WWF TV reviews, which are an invaluable resource. What can I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the majority of posters there don't even like Scott that much. It's just a place to talk wrestling. As alluded to any current product discussion  usually just ends in AEW v WWE circular type arguments with various insults hurled. But like Pete mentioned the retro reviews can lead to some good discussion and everyone is pretty well behaved in those type threads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott's blog generally has pretty good discussions . As others have said, it's more of a place for people to gather to talk wrestling or BS about life. Scott gets called out on his falsehoods and bad opinions all the time. Usually he just ignores it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerpride said:

Scott's blog generally has pretty good discussions . As others have said, it's more of a place for people to gather to talk wrestling or BS about life. Scott gets called out on his falsehoods and bad opinions all the time. Usually he just ignores it. 

 

In these trying times, it is kind of refreshing that some things are exactly like they have always been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been thinking about this a little bit, and...his most destructive falsehoods would probably be the David McLane stuff, right? For those not familiar, for years on end, Scott would rail against McLane as a sexual harasser who Luna Vachon and Ivory had called out in interviews, specifically naming Luna's interview in the 1990 Observer Yearbook at one point. Luna says nothing like that in the interview (or her and Gangrel's later shoot interview tape, IIRC), and neither has really said anything negative about McLane that I could ever find. Hell, I've never been able to find any interviews with GLOW, POWW, or WOW cast members that were negative on him. Negativity towards director Matt Cimber, yes, but even then, not close to that level, and the GLOW girls welcomed him with open arms in at the reunion that was shot for the GLOW documentary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bix said:

So I've been thinking about this a little bit, and...his most destructive falsehoods would probably be the David McLane stuff, right? For those not familiar, for years on end, Scott would rail against McLane as a sexual harasser who Luna Vachon and Ivory had called out in interviews, specifically naming Luna's interview in the 1990 Observer Yearbook at one point. Luna says nothing like that in the interview (or her and Gangrel's later shoot interview tape, IIRC), and neither has really said anything negative about McLane that I could ever find. Hell, I've never been able to find any interviews with GLOW, POWW, or WOW cast members that were negative on him. Negativity towards director Matt Cimber, yes, but even then, not close to that level, and the GLOW girls welcomed him with open arms in at the reunion that was shot for the GLOW documentary.

I would say yes because the stigma of that is something you can really never shake off even if you prove it wasn't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I distinctly remember him throwing in an "ask Ivory" when referencing David McClane not being a good person and thinking it was weird no one else seemed to be corroborating these claims he was talking about as if they were common knowledge. The only negative thing I could see anyone say about him when I looked into it was people suggesting maybe he was too much of a fan to be trying to run a promotion. 

Looking back, it seems like he was just leaning in to the "he really likes women's wrestling so he must be a weirdo" stereotype and just assuming it was true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have potentially alluded to this before, but I've written reviews on his site of wrestling and other stuff. That's greatly declined due to having a busy career plus general loss of love for it due to getting irritated with the bully boy posters in the comments section. PeteF3 is one of the preeminent posters on there, which I have praised him for before, but there are some really nasty types in the comments section. I'll be honest, two or three years ago I was just as guilty of having both guns blazing and when I look back on some of those comments now I get pretty embarrassed, but it was probably a case of having too much time on my hands and other issues, long since resolved, that was the cause of that. The obnoxious posters have gotten worse in that time, not better, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, returner82 said:

The obnoxious posters have gotten worse in that time, not better, though.

That's been pretty much par for the course with any site Scott's been involved with (ones he had a say in how they operate at least). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

That's been pretty much par for the course with any site Scott's been involved with (ones he had a say in how they operate at least). 

Sadly so. I went from being dead set against guys on there like Hart Killer and wnyxmcneal and then turning completely around on them because at least they have brains in their heads, whereas others just seem to be totally plugged into messaging there every few minutes, then making out that you're the sad one and not part of their gang. It really does make you think they weigh several hundred pounds and do nothing else all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a certified Old Internet Man, it's been fascinating to me to see how cycles repeat themselves w/r/t message boards on the internet. Like it doesn't even matter what the subject is, there's almost always going to be a certain group who seemingly only exist to be pains in everyone else's asses. Makes places like this a real breath of fresh air, and the fact that a lot of the founders of this board are also veterans of ancient message board wars is probably no accident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with PWO being a breath of fresh air compared to most message boards - I don't know what it is (pandemic, maybe?) but so many boards I post on seem to have gotten much nastier, tone-wise, over the last year or two. Having somewhere like this where discussions are pleasant and interesting is really cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 6:18 PM, returner82 said:

I have potentially alluded to this before, but I've written reviews on his site of wrestling and other stuff. That's greatly declined due to having a busy career plus general loss of love for it due to getting irritated with the bully boy posters in the comments section. PeteF3 is one of the preeminent posters on there, which I have praised him for before, but there are some really nasty types in the comments section. I'll be honest, two or three years ago I was just as guilty of having both guns blazing and when I look back on some of those comments now I get pretty embarrassed, but it was probably a case of having too much time on my hands and other issues, long since resolved, that was the cause of that. The obnoxious posters have gotten worse in that time, not better, though.

Which reviewer were you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tigerpride said:

Which reviewer were you?

Dave Newman, I've reviewed animation on there when there was some interest for it, but I've handed the keys back on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woof. It's not like there wasn't AEW footage of Brian Jr. on that very same documentary. 

Plus Maffew (the Botchmania guy) has said his issue was with YouTube's content system and that AEW has been helping him out with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×