Pro Wrestling Only

What if...

El-P

Well, we all can't be blessed with a face like that handsome devil, Gabe. Having said that, I have never heard a story about Mil Mascaras that paints him in a flattering light. In the post-Foley wrestling book boom, the one guarantee you had was that if they told a story about Mil Mascaras, it was negative. Not that his ethnicity would have anything to do with that. A jerk is a jerk, regardless of race, age, or sexual orientation.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabe is a racist?

I'm guessing that Bix is referring to Gabe not being a big fan of Mexicans. When doing play by play for an ROH show in '04 with Mark Nulty they were talking about masks and Nulty mentioned how Mil Mascaras used to wear his mask everywhere and Gabe said (really quietly under his breath) "That's because he has the face of a Mexican."

Correct. Someone once tried to defend it by saying that Gabe's commentator character under an alias was a heel, but he wasn't.

Here's a version that doesn't have the text formatting issues.

I agree that Gilbert ECW is the least of any Gilbert booking run that I've seen (haven't seen any of the few shows he did for WWC before he died) and that he didn't seem like he put his heart into it, but Eddie Gilbert's worst is a lot better than Gabe Sapolsky's best.

Didn't Gilbert book Memphis during his post-ECW run? That stuff was pretty good so it wasn't like he'd run out of steam.

As far as the "what if" stuff, he probably would've had some booking gigs for other promotions around Tennessee/Kentucky/Indiana/Mississippi, like how Dundee booked for Bert Prentice at least once.