Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

I have had lunch with Dave too, I can't recall a lot of details other than he had cut himself while shaving and he had this distracting giant plaster covering half of his chin.

By the way, while I think that finding Dave without a vague idea of where he was would have been a quest, Nagoya St. isn't nearly as busy as any main station in Tokyo or Osaka once you move a few blocks away other than east.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked on one of the Observer Radio shows Dave explaining to Bryan how he ate in Japan. He said he would find a place with a picture menu (and having been to Japan once myself I can attest that the majority of your noodle joints or quick turnaround street places have them) and point to something that looked good, having an idea but not knowing for sure what it was. Bryan, who is apparently not at all an adventurous eater, was HORRIFIED

Someone go digitalise all of Dave's lucha footage for him.

No shit. Though I wonder how much of it is a duplication of what Lynch has.

Someone should just make the offer to Dave: duplicate and/or replace everything he has from the 80s through mid-90s. Most of it would already be on dvd, so it's just a matter of replacing. Or hell... does Dave even want the old stuff anymore, and would he be fine donating it to a collector.

Speaking of duplication, I honestly wonder what Lynch's life is like day to day. He had an astonishing amount of footage on tape pre DVD and I'm sure his collection has only ballooned since. Does anyone know if he actually has a normal job or if he just does the catalog full time? The sheer scope of it seems like it would really have to be full time. And I imagine the process of converting his collection was the work Herculean legends are written of.