Pro Wrestling Only

Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

That is what I mean. They make these polls that seem actually designed to get people to click on the "wrong answer" - "Who's name do you want to click on? Your favourite wrestler, a movie star or a boxer?" - just so Dave/Bryan can get the results and sit there and berate their paying fanbase for being stupid.

Like, obviously Floyd is a bigger star than Daniel Bryan. Anyone can see that, and I'd wager that a lot of the people who clicked on Bryan's name would admit that as well. Why even make a poll that has such a clear and obvious rational answer? The only reason seems to be to mock people.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the latest Observer Sim Limte show, Dave outright scoffs at the notion that Cena is the best big match wrestler in WWE history. He throws up Michaels, Edge, and Angle as examples of better big match wrestlers. I shouldn't have been surprised but the way that he outright denied the thought that Cena was one of the best in history did surprise me.

Somehow this morphed from Dave doesn't think Cena is the best big match wrestler in WWE history into Dave thinks Cena sucks.

Listened to the show the other day and he actually calls Cena a good big match wrestler just not the absolute very best in company history.

Also, gotta say, the conversation immediatly moving from mocking Dave for giving the "wrong" opinion on Cena & liking others more into bashing Dave for mocking other ppl for having the "wrong" opinion on Mayweather & liking others more is pretty hilariously ironic :)

Yeah, the question was asked "Is Cena the best big match wrestler of all time". Of course the answer would be no. If anything, Dave was being dismissive of the person asking the question for even thinking such a thing.

Another funny thing about polls is Bryan mentioned on a non-Dave show that he has nothing to do with the polls ever since putting a joke poll up years ago after a Bryan and Vinny show debate only to have Dave take it down in seconds. The implication that these polls are SERIOUS BUSINESS for Dave make these "who's the bigger star" ones even more hilarious.

So ROH CEO Joe Koff was on the show today, and it really shows where the company's problems are. He's obviously passionate about wrestling, but it's also just as clear he's entirely out of touch in terms of technology. He admitted he doesn't know shit about how streaming video works, and it's clear the biggest reason the ROH iPPVs keep shitting the bed is due to them going with bargain bin providers. The moment they start gaining any level of traffic the feeds die. It was kind of embarrassing to see him bring up running shows in old buildings as part of the problem when CMLL (a company infamous for being way more behind the times than any other in the world) streams shows from old ass buildings every week with nary a hitch because they partnered up with Terra instead of Bob's Bait Shop and iPPV Emporium.

--The next New Japan iPPV will be 10/14 from Sumo Hall, headlined by the sixth major singles match with Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP title against Hiroshi Tanahashi. This is the best in-ring feud in pro wrestling of this era.

Best of this era....okay.

Oh, without question.

Closing in on possibly ever.

I think Jerome is probably right:

Match of the Year

2009 The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XXV)

2010 The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XXVI)

I'm guessing that was the end of That Era, which this is part of This Era.

Of course Era's are short.

Even if you want to credit all of the Tana/Okada matches (and I certainly wouldn't, but for argument's sake) I still think that Cena and Punk have had more high quality matches together at this point.

Depending on when "this era" began, there's also Eddie and Rey having a trizillion great matches together in the 2002-05 period.

And that is only thinking about it in a prolific sense. If we're purely talking having the very best matches of the period (whatever it is) then we could all go to town really.