Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave has taken to answering Twitter questions about wrestlers by saying: "Ask him."

Which is obnoxious. If he doesn't like the Twitter questions, he should ignore them. But why give that answer to fans who are in no position to query wrestlers? It's a small thing but a bad look for someone who's always put a lot of effort into audience engagement.

Most of the wrestlers people are asking him about are on Twitter. Someone wondering about Wade Barrett's workout routine could ask him directly just as easily as they can ask Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

So catching up on the Observer Radio and can we all admit that Meltzer acted like a complete douche bag on the Zack Ryder situation. I mean the idea that being excited for winning a belt calling it the "greatest moment of your life" in a promo makes you a mark because it is "fake belt" tells you how much his is finished with pro wrestling these days.

So catching up on the Observer Radio and can we all admit that Meltzer acted like a complete douche bag on the Zack Ryder situation. I mean the idea that being excited for winning a belt calling it the "greatest moment of your life" in a promo makes you a mark because it is "fake belt" tells you how much his is finished with pro wrestling these days.

I doubt he would have said the same about Shawn Michaels and his 'boyhood dream.' It seems like some guys will get leeway if they're a revered figure. The guy has been through a lot and got a nice little moment. Why wouldn't he talk it up? Does he expect him to not care?

Besides, the whole thing was a scripted line to put heat on The Miz for screwing him. It's very bizarre that he was burying Ryder for taking a fake belt seriously while also not appreciating that it was a worked wrestling interview to set up an angle. Very weird and quite nasty I thought.

I think Dave's only point was that he should have said "career" instead of "life". But seriously, he celebrated his career highlight with his father in front of 100,000 in attendance. He doesn't have a wife or children yet. So come on.

It was a hell of a long-winded burial for such a minor correction. I know it's Dave and he's always long-winded but wow. One would think there was something more there.

I think Dave's point was that being given the I-C title for a one day reign for no other reason than they didn't want Owens to job the belt to The Miz isn't exactly a career highlight, even if you won the belt at Mania. If he was going to be given a six month I-C title reign to build up the belt or frankly, something like a World Title win or the end of one of the NXT Women's matches, that's at least being given the ball by the company. This is being handed the ball for three seconds because the other guy has to go to the bathroom and then listing it on your resume as a career highlight.

I think Dave's point was that being given the I-C title for a one day reign for no other reason than they didn't want Owens to job the belt to The Miz isn't exactly a career highlight, even if you won the belt at Mania.

Well, it was for him, so who the fuck is Dave to shit on him? Like Loss said,

" He celebrated his career highlight with his father in front of 100,000 in attendance. He doesn't have a wife or children yet. So come on."

He spends most of his time responding to randos who act like he's a writer at a cut n' paste site, he mentioned on the WON board he's not a big fan of Twitter but apparently him schooling idiots is good for business so he's sticking with it.

He spends most of his time responding to randos who act like he's a writer at a cut n' paste site, he mentioned on the WON board he's not a big fan of Twitter but apparently him schooling idiots is good for business so he's sticking with it.

the problem is he treats everyone like idiots and is a douche to them. That goes for good questions as well.

the problem is he treats everyone like idiots and is a douche to them. That goes for good questions as well.

He's always done that with Alvarez, the thing is we now get to read him do it to other people.