Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't tell what is more sad though. Meltzer just willingly going through spoilers like they are nothing or the fans constantly bitching about it. I mean if you follow the Observer in any way you know that 80% of what you are going to watch is going to get spoilers. Hell even if you read the newsletter only you are probably half of your shit spoiled.

Of all the things to complain about with Meltzer (and plenty of them last month) spoilers should be the low one on totem pole

Can't tell what is more sad though. Meltzer just willingly going through spoilers like they are nothing or the fans constantly bitching about it. I mean if you follow the Observer in any way you know that 80% of what you are going to watch is going to get spoilers. Hell even if you read the newsletter only you are probably half of your shit spoiled.

Of all the things to complain about with Meltzer (and plenty of them last month) spoilers should be the low one on totem pole

It's so simple to give a warning on a podcast though. It would take a second, yet he will just blurt shit out and spoil things.

Well everyone knows why he is going that. He despises Matt Striker who works there. Plus he believes that those results from the spoilers were specifically done as a rebuttal/fuck you to the Meltzer and Cornette of the world who complain about intergender wrestling.

But again it isn't just LU. He blurts out Smackdown and Impact spoilers like nothing but nobody really complains about those.

Well everyone knows why he is going that. He despises Matt Striker who works there. Plus he believes that those results from the spoilers were specifically done as a rebuttal/fuck you to the Meltzer and Cornette of the world who complain about intergender wrestling.

Great journalism then.

But again it isn't just LU. He blurts out Smackdown and Impact spoilers like nothing but nobody really complains about those.

So Dave reports LU results like he does every other wrestling company he's ever covered, but it's part of his single-minded vendetta against Matt Striker and LU in general? You said yourself there's plenty of stuff to rip Dave on lately, so this is strange.

Edited by ...TG

I guess what I am trying to say is that Dave's increased arrogance/doucheness on twitter and on radio shows is a much bigger issue than posting spoilers. Some will argue that he has been that way since the beginning though. I mean in my opinion talking about Larry Sweeney death as if it was a drug or not having “his head on straight” issue if so much more offensive to be

As far as the "journalist" thing, I guess he would be considered a journalist if you consider people like Chris Matthews or Bill O Reilly or Skip Bayless one. People who don't follow wrestling or MMA on a regular basis might I guess.

Dave has been pretty consistent with spoilers since he got online 17 years ago. I can remember people being upset with him for spoiling Smackdown in his daily updates at the beginning part of the last decade. (Yes people used to care that much about Smackdown.) Spoilers have never bothered me so I don't see the big deal

Can someone explain to me what Lucha Underground is? Is it something to do with that weird confusing promotion/highlights show Jeff Jarrett was fronting?

No.

It is a show on El Reye network.. using US and AAA talent. Probably the best wrestling show on television. They do record their shows in bulk, so they have taped things that won't air till next year it seems.

It's a really good show, but they have oddly obsessive fans who seem to think Dave never reported on taping results before.

There is a difference though, since reporting on the others is reporting on a wrestling company, while LU is reporting on a tv show. They don't do houseshows or live shows or anything, it's all canned taped stuff.

It's a really good show, but they have oddly obsessive fans who seem to think Dave never reported on taping results before.

There is a difference though, since reporting on the others is reporting on a wrestling company, while LU is reporting on a tv show. They don't do houseshows or live shows or anything, it's all canned taped stuff.

Its wrestling. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has always covered it. There is no difference.

Its wrestling. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has always covered it. There is no difference.

I don't really care, I don't have a sub. Him chastising anyone for caring is silly though.

Can someone explain to me what Lucha Underground is? Is it something to do with that weird confusing promotion/highlights show Jeff Jarrett was fronting?

No.

It is a show on El Reye network.. using US and AAA talent. Probably the best wrestling show on television. They do record their shows in bulk, so they have taped things that won't air till next year it seems.

Thanks. Is it, as the name suggests, a lucha venture, or just basically a US indie? Has it got much traction - is it on the level of, say, ROH? Do they focus mainly on good matches or are there also storylines?

I'm fearful of derailing the thread too much, but could someone also give me a summary of the Jeff Jarrett venture? Do they run shows?

I don't really care, I don't have a sub. Him chastising anyone for caring is silly though.

Helps to subscribe or be familiar with it before getting mixed up in the discussion.

No.

Thanks. Is it, as the name suggests, a lucha venture, or just basically a US indie? Has it got much traction - is it on the level of, say, ROH? Do they focus mainly on good matches or are there also storylines?

I'm fearful of derailing the thread too much, but could someone also give me a summary of the Jeff Jarrett venture? Do they run shows?

It's only a tv show. Gets more viewers than TNA or ROH. It has good matches, but is a tv show. Lots of stories and backstage scenes. For example, one wrestler is actually a dragon.